Post a reply

Best Breaks (non-147s)

Postby Iranu

What are some of the best/your favourite ever breaks, not including 147s?

Post vids if you can find them.

Re: Best Breaks (non-147s)

Postby Alex0paul

Ebdon’s clearance against Stevens at 14-16 in 2002
David Gray’s final frame total clearance at 8-8 in the 2004 UK Semi
Dott’s clearance at 16-14 in the 2006 WC Final

Postby Ck147

Robbo's peacock mode breaks, generally top notch. Too many to mention individually.

Postby Acé

My favourite non 147 breaks are actually from Ronnie, just something about this guy only he can do

1. Ronnie's 92 historic clearance: the infamous "do well to get above 20"

2. Classic clearance vs Dave Harold, insane what the table was like

3. Match winning break vs Selby

4. 2005 welsh open final vs Hendry 8-8 match winning break

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd Trump clearance vs Stephen Maguire deciding frame in the Players championship semi final last month.

John Higgins clearence in the deciding frame in the Masters final 2006.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd Trump clearance vs Stephen Maguire deciding frame in the Players championship semi final last month.

John Higgins clearence in the deciding frame in the Masters final 2006.

Both of those were excellent

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:This is amazing - Martin Gould making one of the best tons ever IMO. Spend 9 minutes on this and you won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-WJpy4pDk

I wasn't disappointed; thanks BSP. I'll save those RO'S ones for tonight. Just had 2 x 5 litre kegs of Ale delivered.

Postby mick745

The two match winning breaks from 16-16 made by Shaun Murphy in the 2005 WSC final v Matthew Stevens were very well constructed.

Pause the video in the last frame when he comes to the table and try to work out how he makes 83 from it.

John Higgins match winning break at 9-9 0-60 versus Ronnie in the 2005 Masters final.

Postby Juddernaut88

mick745 wrote:The two match winning breaks from 16-16 made by Shaun Murphy in the 2005 WSC final v Matthew Stevens were very well constructed.

Pause the video in the last frame when he comes to the table and try to work out how he makes 83 from it.

John Higgins match winning break at 9-9 0-60 versus Ronnie in the 2005 Masters final.

John Higgins frame winning break was in 2006 Masters final. He got walloped in the 2005 Masters final.

Postby mick745

Juddernaut88 wrote:
mick745 wrote:The two match winning breaks from 16-16 made by Shaun Murphy in the 2005 WSC final v Matthew Stevens were very well constructed.

John Higgins frame winning break was in 2006 Masters final. He got walloped in the 2005 Masters final.

Many thanks for the correction.

Postby Holden Chinaski

rekoons wrote:This both entertains and depresses me:

That's just ridiculous. Snooker from the Gods.

Postby Holden Chinaski

rekoons wrote:Why do YouTube vids not show up on mobile phones ?

I don't know, but that's why we post two links on the forum. One using the youtube button and then just the complete youtube link.

Postby Acé

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxWd0djt5I

Edit: put the link up for mobile phones

Damn forgot about that one that's my dad's fav break he's a Ronnie fan.

people will never know how hard this game is on that bloody 12ft by 6 table just cuz Ronnie makes it look so easy

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxWd0djt5I

Edit: put the link up for mobile phones

Damn forgot about that one that's my dad's fav break he's a Ronnie fan.

people will never know how hard this game is on that bloody 12ft by 6 table just cuz Ronnie makes it look so easy

Shame your dad is a Ronnie fan, you need to get him into supporting Judd Trump.

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote:Shame your dad is a Ronnie fan, you need to get him into supporting Judd Trump.

I am a Ronnie fan too despite all my debates here before my ban and after my ban Ronnie was the only player I was using as a benchmark for days on end to compare Judd's peak level vs his. I certainly like him more than Hendry/Selby/Higgins/Robertson etc

Judd doesn't take my dad's fancy, Judd is too "modern" for him he prefers classical style of play plus Ronnie's been around for like nearly 3 decades so as long as he's active fans aren't gonna convert just like that

Postby Acé

and Judd beating Ronnie in the last 3 finals doesn't help the cause either lmao

relationship has worsened. back in the days they used to hug after wins/losses and interacted more, now it's a cold rivalry.

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Shame your dad is a Ronnie fan, you need to get him into supporting Judd Trump.

I am a Ronnie fan too despite all my debates here before my ban and after my ban Ronnie was the only player I was using as a benchmark for days on end to compare Judd's peak level vs his. I certainly like him more than Hendry/Selby/Higgins/Robertson etc

Judd doesn't take my dad's fancy, Judd is too "modern" for him he prefers classical style of play plus Ronnie's been around for like nearly 3 decades so as long as he's active fans aren't gonna convert just like that

I've never liked Ronnie, it's always been about Stephen Hendry and then as soon as he retired Judd Trump has been the player for me. I even prefer Selby to Ronnie!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Acé wrote:and Judd beating Ronnie in the last 3 finals doesn't help the cause either lmao

relationship has worsened. back in the days they used to hug after wins/losses and interacted more, now it's a cold rivalry.

Not really a rivalry though is it.

Judd won 6 rankers last year. Ronnie won 0.

Not exactly neck and neck is it?

Postby Acé

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Acé wrote:and Judd beating Ronnie in the last 3 finals doesn't help the cause either lmao

What? Since when did those stipulations meant a rivalry or not? Rivalry started like a decade ago and still continuing that's like saying Judd/Higgins isn't a rivalry just because Higgins hasn't won a tournament for 2 years

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Acé wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

What? Since when did those stipulations meant a rivalry or not? Rivalry started like a decade ago and still continuing that's like saying Judd/Higgins isn't a rivalry just because Higgins hasn't won a tournament

So you think that over the last 12 months Ronnie has pushed Judd hard?

Postby Acé

Badsnookerplayer wrote:So you think that over the last 12 months Ronnie has pushed Judd hard?

9-7 isn't hard? Or Tour finals SF?

They meet 4 times since 2018 NI and 3x in finals that's more than meeting Robertson in finals it's just recently they're not meeting often but that doesn't mean a rivalry is finished as long as both are active players

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Acé wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:So you think that over the last 12 months Ronnie has pushed Judd hard?

9-7 isn't hard? Or Tour finals SF?

They meet 4 times since 2018 NI and 3x in finals that's more than meeting Robertson in finals it's just recently they're not meeting often but that doesn't mean a rivalry is finished as long as both are active players

I said the last 12 months. You are deluded if you think Ronnie is in Judd's class atm.