Post a reply

So if this is the end of the season....

Postby SteveJJ

Will those players already in the relegation places:

a) be relegated
b) given dispensation and have another season seeing as they lost points scoring opportunities in the India, Chinese and probably the Worlds (the latter two potential big point scorers).

Although option b) would swell the tour - there is obviously a high likelihood that if the Worlds don't go ahead, nor will Q School so there would be 12 less new players to crowbar in.

Or is there a fairer way than either of the above?

A few ifs and maybe's there and obviously more important things to worry about at this time but I thought I'd put it out there.

Re: So if this is the end of the season....

Postby Juddernaut88

I think more then likely world championship would be moved to July/August. Possibly bit earlier depending on how things go. Then new season can start in September, probably few tournaments less though.

Postby HappyCamper

If the no further event are played they should just take the current ranking. Everyone in the second year of thier card will have had the same opportunities to accumulate points so it's still fair.

The might not be able to complete Q school or the challenge tour play offs or the regional qualifiers in time, so could offer those spots to those currently on tour if needed.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:I think more then likely world championship would be moved to July/August. Possibly bit earlier depending on how things go. Then new season can start in September, probably few tournaments less though.

Im sure theres a lot of talk between EIS, The Crucible, The BBC and World Snooker.

ill be amazed if after all of that a agreement would have been reached to play it in the summer.

October/November is best hope but personally i cant see it happening before 2021.