Post a reply

Why doesn't Ding have fire in his belly?

Postby Acé

Why is he just happy to win a tournament then go back to hibernation for a year or a year and a half?

With his talent he should be right up there with Trump in terms of trophies, just a bit less but in terms of playing the game at a high level he's right up there with O'Sullivan and Trump

It is frustrating

People would kill to have his talent

On another note, is this the only sport where talent has under performed? I can't think of any other sport where this has happened.

Easiest example of course is Ronnie, despite what he's won he should be on far more WC titles and trophies in general
Trump, should've been winning on this level before 2019
Ding, just...no consistency, laid back attitude etc
Jimmy White
Alex Higgins

Pretty crazy

Re: Why doesn't Ding have fire in his belly?

Postby Acé

I can't be the only one who thinks the most "naturally talented players" in this sport have certainly not performed to expectations

Imagine in Tennis Federer not winning 20 grand slams despite his talent, but like 3-5

it's like that

Postby Acé

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding used to have fire in his belly but he found Gaviscon did a good job of relieving it.

If you combined Ding's ability with my passion and fire he'd be on 10 WCs, 20-30 TCs, 80+ ranking events

Life is so FRUSTRATING man, unfair

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks the most "naturally talented players" in this sport have certainly not performed to expectations

Imagine in Tennis Federer not winning 20 grand slams despite his talent, but like 3-5

it's like that

Talent does underperform in many sports. Even in tennis you have players like Gasquet or Monfils who should have done more.

Football must have hundreds or examples over the years.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Acé wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding used to have fire in his belly but he found Gaviscon did a good job of relieving it.

If you combined Ding's ability with my passion and fire he'd be on 10 WCs, 20-30 TCs, 80+ ranking events

Life is so FRUSTRATING man, unfair

If you combined your intelligence with that of Stephen Hawking, you'd still get a bucking idiot

Postby Acé

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks the most "naturally talented players" in this sport have certainly not performed to expectations

it's like that

Talent does underperform in many sports. Even in tennis you have players like Gasquet or Monfils who should have done more.

Football must have hundreds or examples over the years.

Gasquet is a choke artist tbf and Monfils...he clowns around too much

IMO

the only example I can use for Tennis is Nick Kyrgios. He's exactly like Ronnie entertaining, talented, controversial, crowd champion etc but Ronnie backs his rubbish up with titles. Kyrgios doesn't..

Postby HappyCamper

nick kyrgios
john daly
paul gascoigne
adriano
sergio garcia
danny cipriani

i really don't think it's uncommon in other sports for a multitude of reasons.

as for ding. he's had a good career. if he wants to spend his time and energy of other things than snooker that's his prerogative.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 15 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Ding will win the 2020 World Snooker Championship.

Let's bet our accounts.

If you don't want to, that's your prerogative.

Are you THAT positive Ding will win?

I predict he won't.

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:

Let's bet our accounts.

I predict he won't.

It's not a prediction. It's a statement.

Uruguay won the 1930 FIFA World Cup. That is a fact.
Ding will win the 2020 World Snooker Championship. That is also a fact.

Postby Acé

I've also been right so far, before my ban I said Judd will win 5 ranking events and he has while I was doubted and smeared. I'm like the Oracle from the Matrix, seeing the future, and I see,

2020 World Snooker Champion Judd Trump.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:

Let's bet our accounts.

I predict he won't.

Let's bet our accounts big boy

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:I've also been right so far, before my ban I said Judd will win 5 ranking events and he has while I was doubted and smeared. I'm like the Oracle from the Matrix, seeing the future, and I see,

Yes, you were correct, and I'm hugely impressed to be honest. I didn't think it was possible to what Trump has done, and hats off to him.

I think Trump could well win the World Championship again in 2021, and a few more times after that. But he won't win in 2020.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:I've also been right so far, before my ban I said Judd will win 5 ranking events and he has while I was doubted and smeared. I'm like the Oracle from the Matrix, seeing the future, and I see,

Yes, you were correct, and I'm hugely impressed to be honest. I didn't think it was possible to what Trump has done, and hats off to him.

I think Trump could well win the World Championship again in 2021, and a few more times after that. But he won't win in 2020.

Me and you are very strong characters with very strong personalities.

We don't budge so on that note we shall agree to disagree

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Me and you are very strong characters with very strong personalities.

We don't budge so on that note we shall agree to disagree

You have nothing to disagree with here. I am simply telling, not opening a dialogue. Ding Junhui will win the 2020 World Snooker Championship. It won't make him better than Trump, he won't be as successful as Trump, but he will be the 2020 World Champion.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:You have nothing to disagree with here. I am simply telling, not opening a dialogue. Ding Junhui will win the 2020 World Snooker Championship. It won't make him better than Trump, he won't be as successful as Trump, but he will be the 2020 World Champion.

Pink Ball, as I was right one I will be right again my track record apart from my meltdown has been impeccable as I have been right with all my predictions.

Will Judd win 5+ ranking events? No dirt on my shoulder.
Is this Juddnation? No dirt on my shoulder.

Judd will break the Crucible Curse and be the 2020 World Champion.

Postby Acé

I need to go now but as I said Pink Ball. Me and you are very strong personalities. Just as you're stating a fact, so am I. When a force collides with an immovable object everything comes to a standstill.

BUT

we'll see whether the force overpowers or the immovable object holds up his defenses on 4th of May 2020.

Postby Juddernaut88

HappyCamper wrote:nick kyrgios
john daly
paul gascoigne
adriano
sergio garcia
danny cipriani

i really don't think it's uncommon in other sports for a multitude of reasons.

as for ding. he's had a good career. if he wants to spend his time and energy of other things than snooker that's his prerogative.

I actually think Gaza was so overrated just saying.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:

Let's bet our accounts.

I predict he won't.

Did you call that one too?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker is too much of a sport based in one part of the world. Players who are not from England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales, have to make sacrifices that players who are from those countries don't have to make.

Ding Junhui has had to make so much sacrifices that a player like Judd, for example, never has to make. To say Ding has no "fire in his belly" is bull if you know anything about Ding Junhui's life. The fact that Ding has won 14 ranking titles, knowing where he came from, proves that he is a strong-willed, talented, and mentally tough player.

Take Luca Brecel, for example. The fact that Luca doesn't want to move away from his home and leave everything behind, is clearly a disadvantage for him. I think it might have something to do with him having a form of autism, but that's beside the point. A player from another country needs to move to Britain so he can practice with top players, get access to the best tables and coaches...

I think some of you don't realise that players from Britain have it much easier than players from other parts of the world. Things are changing now in Asia. China has become a good country for snooker, but it wasn't yet when Ding was young. Ding is a pioneer who was the main cause of snooker becoming popular in China.

In my opinion, Ding has had to fight much harder than most other top players. Ding is mentally much tougher than most other players. I think a lot of other players would have not been able to do all the things he's had to do.

Postby rekoons

Holden Chinaski wrote:Snooker is too much of a sport based in one part of the world. Players who are not from England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales, have to make sacrifices that players who are from those countries don't have to make.

Ding Junhui has had to make so much sacrifices that a player like Judd, for example, never has to make. To say Ding has no "fire in his belly" is bull if you know anything about Ding Junhui's life. The fact that Ding has won 14 ranking titles, knowing where he came from, proves that he is a strong-willed, talented, and mentally tough player.

Take Luca Brecel, for example. The fact that Luca doesn't want to move away from his home and leave everything behind, is clearly a disadvantage for him. I think it might have something to do with him having a form of autism, but that's beside the point. A player from another country needs to move to Britain so he can practice with top players, get access to the best tables and coaches...

I think some of you don't realise that players from Britain have it much easier than players from other parts of the world. Things are changing now in Asia. China has become a good country for snooker, but it wasn't yet when Ding was young. Ding is a pioneer who was the main cause of snooker becoming popular in China.

In my opinion, Ding has had to fight much harder than most other top players. Ding is mentally much tougher than most other players. I think a lot of other players would have not been able to do all the things he's had to do.

Good post

Postby SnookerEd25

Sauce321 wrote:Same for Wilson. Always smiling when missing shots or when defeated.

Well, he'd had a hard life in the steel industry. Snooker was to be enjoyed for him.

Bloody legend, Cliff.