Post a reply

Coral Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 20th - Friday 21st of June at The Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

The World have been rocked in recent weeks with this CoronaVirus and basically the sporting world have ground to a standstill but Snooker goes on and this week in Llandudno, North Wales.

Judd Trump fresh from winning in Gibraltar and where he picked up his 6th ranking event of the season and 17th overall will head a all star cast.

Defending Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan and Masters Champion Stuart Bingham couldn't get in the 8 man field.

John Higgins and Mark Allen are yet to win a title this season can they break their duck here.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Judd Trump v John Higgins Higgins leads 22-16
Neil Robertson v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 17-10
----------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Yan Bingtao Tied at 1-1
Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen Murphy leads 15-7

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

I don't think people are taking into account how stubborn/greedy Hearn is.

Football, tennis, rugby, Formula One and cricket have all had fixtures cancelled or postponed, but Hearn is dithering and posting crap on Twitter about what a hard-nut he is. If it's up to him, snooker would go ahead as normal. The real question is, will it be up to him? The government are hardly taking speedy measures.

I would be amazed if the Tour Championship doesn't go ahead. Without fans, maybe. But even that Hearn would only do reluctantly.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:If the players and officials can get there i see no reason why it cant go ahead

The Tour Championship will be played Behind Closed doors but they cant play the WC just too many players involved after what Johnson and co said in the Press Conference

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:If the players and officials can get there i see no reason why it cant go ahead

On the face of it, yes. However there is a worst-case scenario lurking.

A ref contracts the virus today. As it has a long incubation period, ref does a few matches feeling fine. At this point, two players, a commentator he had a pint with (btw I wouldn’t even wish it on Yates), and two WST officials contract the virus. Tournament goes without a hitch. On the way home on the Monday morning the ref gets a fever.

You know the rest.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Prop wrote:

On the face of it, yes. However there is a worst-case scenario lurking.

A ref contracts the virus today. As it has a long incubation period, ref does a few matches feeling fine. At this point, two players, a commentator he had a pint with (btw I wouldn’t even wish it on Yates), and two WST officials contract the virus. Tournament goes without a hitch. On the way home on the Monday morning the ref gets a fever.

You know the rest.

Fu gives me fever?

Postby Andre147

World Champs needs to be postponed, plain and simple, if there arent going to be any spectators allowed.

Even the Augusta Masters in Golf got postponed, and that event is even running for much longer than The Crucible.

World Champs should never go ahead in these conditions.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I assume people with Tour Championship tickets will be refunded?

i would expect so.

I asked for facts, not assumption.

yes happy now.ps u said i assume.

Postby SnookerFan

csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I assume people with Tour Championship tickets will be refunded?

i would expect so.

Yeah, well.

Shut up.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:

i would expect so.

Yeah, well.

Shut up.

rofl

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:i know it's the wrong thread just heard the grand national is off.

There's a grand national being off thread. Please use it.

rofl

Postby csprince

Dan-cat wrote:
csprince wrote:i know it's the wrong thread just heard the grand national is off.

There's a thread for this. Please self-isolate in it.

rude not very buddhist.(joke)
Last edited by csprince on 16 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.