Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Gibraltar Open !!!!!

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Acé wrote:I want a Trump vs Ding match

this should be the rivalry of this decade IMO

Not Trump vs Kyren going forward

I agree I'm a big fan of Ding Junhui, he's defo my top 3 favourite players.

Yep,

I find Kyren painstakingly boring to watch

Trump vs Ding you're gonna get a feast for the eyes but Ding has a problem with consistency he's just happy to win a tournament then go back to hibernation

Postby Acé

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Acé wrote:
TheRocket wrote:TC draw

Trump-Higgins

literally getting bored of this match-up now it's been played on repeat too many times

Don't watch it then

I watch it for Trump, not Higgins

Postby csprince

Acé wrote:
csprince wrote:ptc's were classed as minor ranking events i get what u mean. this is hearn and his bo7's ask trump if he counts it the answer is yes.

Of course Judd's gonna say yes lol

the shootout is a ranking event too and if Judd won that he's obz gonna say it's a ranking event

but as my point stands and you seem to agree the PTCs were minor ranking events which still gave ranking points but they were never considered FULL ranking events like they are now, the tour structure was entirely different the PTCs were tourneys no one really cared about while everyone geared up for the proper ranking events it's only they Hearn just pads everything up for no reason

winning these tournaments is a parakeet code for just padding up your tally

i get your point the shoot is but shouldn't be. multi sessions are quite rightly so. gibraltar i don't have a problem with as it's open 2 more than 128 but i don;t think a full ranking event should be defined by how many sessions the final is different formats are good but the shoot out was going 2 far.

Postby csprince

Alex0paul wrote:The crowd went crazy at the end. Never seen scenes like it

now that's sarcasm. rofl

Postby Juddernaut88

Just realised Joe Perry is now up to number 16, he is 500 points ahead of Yan Bingtao, so Yan will need to beat Mark Selby in the Tour Championship to get back into the top 16.

Postby Alex0paul

Juddernaut88 wrote:Just realised Joe Perry is now up to number 16, he is 500 points ahead of Yan Bingtao, so Yan will need to beat Mark Selby in the Tour Championship to get back into the top 16.

Yan is 3500 points ahead of Perry in the Crucible cut off

Postby Juddernaut88

Alex0paul wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Just realised Joe Perry is now up to number 16, he is 500 points ahead of Yan Bingtao, so Yan will need to beat Mark Selby in the Tour Championship to get back into the top 16.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... ndex/14125

This shows Joe Perry being 16th on the live position and being 500 points ahead.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

This shows Joe Perry being 16th on the live position and being 500 points ahead.

Alex is normally right

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

2018 china and gibraltar open points to come off before the wsc i think.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 16 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This no crowd thing hasn't bothered me at all, to be honest.

It’s only like watching a Chinese tournament I suppose...

Didn't really notice the lack of crowd; noticed the lack of handshakes more - its like everyone hated each other..
Last edited by SnookerEd25 on 16 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:What a presentation!

Why are humans so scared of dying?

cannae watch the snooker if yer deid.

We don't KNOW that...

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

We don't KNOW that...

Is there Eurosport in heaven?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

We don't KNOW that...

Is there Eurosport in heaven?

No. But there is in Hell.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This no crowd thing hasn't bothered me at all, to be honest.

It’s only like watching a Chinese tournament I suppose...

Didn't really notice the lack of crowd; noticed the lack of handshakes more - its like everyone hated each other..

Yeah that was weird, although obviously appropriate. I saw some footage on the news the other day of people tapping their feet instead, I think it was in the middle east.

It'd look silly, but they could tap their cues together or something.

Postby SnookerFan

Can they all just agree not to shake hands?

Is there any real need to find an alternative at all? Yes, the handshake pre-match is polite and shows good sportsmanship, but considering the circumstances would anybody be offended if it didn't happen at all?

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:Can they all just agree not to shake hands?

Is there any real need to find an alternative at all? Yes, the handshake pre-match is polite and shows good sportsmanship, but considering the circumstances would anybody be offended if it didn't happen at all?

It's not so much the pre-match/deciding frame handshake that I'm missing, it's the end of match one. The end of the Gibraltar final just felt so odd with nothing to mark it.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Can they all just agree not to shake hands?

It's not so much the pre-match/deciding frame handshake that I'm missing, it's the end of match one. The end of the Gibraltar final just felt so odd with nothing to mark it.

Is it really THAT big a deal?