Post a reply

Re: Joe Perry: "Judd is better than Hendry and O'Sullivan!!!

Postby csprince

Holden Chinaski wrote:
csprince wrote:this is what happens when people try 2 compare people from different era's it's like comparing ali and tyson etc just enjoy people 4 how good they are in the here and now.

Comparing people from different era's is not that hard if you know your stuff. I'm a Mike Tyson fan, but everyone who knows boxing, including Mike, agrees Ali was better.
tyson fan as well just saying comparing people from different era's never ends well nobody ever agrees and it usually ends up in an argument.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Acé wrote:When I was having my meltdown here I didn't mean a single word of the things about Ronnie that was just dumb pure frustration to annoy the Ronnie fans who were annoying me at the time but I always respected Ronnie saying he had th highest level of snooker ever played at the 2004 World Champs vs Hendry until 2019 Judd final

As a Judd fan he has a lot of work to do but the thing is I am disappointed he hasn't made any gains at the TC events this season if he wants to start reaching those heights then 3 aren't gonna be enough,

Ronnie/Hendry have like 18+

Yes - Ronnie in 2004 was impressive.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

csprince wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
csprince wrote:this is what happens when people try 2 compare people from different era's it's like comparing ali and tyson etc just enjoy people 4 how good they are in the here and now.

Comparing people from different era's is not that hard if you know your stuff. I'm a Mike Tyson fan, but everyone who knows boxing, including Mike, agrees Ali was better.
tyson fan as well just saying comparing people from different era's never ends well nobody ever agrees and it usually ends up in an argument.

No it doesn't

Postby csprince

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
csprince wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

No it doesn't

yes it does.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:If I know Ronnie as I do I still think Ronnie will lay a smashing against Judd in a final sometime in the future despite Judd winning the last 3 finals, and the discussion will change once again and I'll have to eat my crow

Pathetic!

Postby Acé

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:If I know Ronnie as I do I still think Ronnie will lay a smashing against Judd in a final sometime in the future despite Judd winning the last 3 finals, and the discussion will change once again and I'll have to eat my crow

Pathetic!

I'm listening to old school Eminem, he was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good at that time!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Pathetic!

I'm listening to old school Eminem, he was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good at that time!

I prefer the Beastie Boys.

Postby Acé

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Pathetic!

More of a pop group imo

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Pathetic!

More of a pop group imo

Rap is pop music. Eminem is pop.

Postby Acé

Holden Chinaski wrote:Rap is pop music. Eminem is pop.

What? No way. Pop is junk-ish songs aimed at masses like Britney Spears, Araina Grande, boybands/girlbands etc

Eminem is rap and Hip Hop music that's really not aimed at the masses. He also does horrorcore which is anti-masses.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:

What? No way. Pop is junk-ish songs aimed at masses like Britney Spears, Araina Grande, boybands/girlbands etc

Eminem is rap and Hip Hop music that's really not aimed at the masses. He also does horrorcore which is anti-masses.

Eminem is pop music, man. Pop music can be good. He has hit singles, music videos, gold records, catchy melodies... Pop music.

Postby Acé

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:

Eminem is pop music, man. Pop music can be good. He has hit singles, music videos, gold records, catchy melodies... Pop music.

That's like saying rock music is pop music just because bands have singles, music videos, records etc

Music have different genres

Postby csprince

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:

i think u lost that argument pavarotti had the above and he ain't pop.music is music don't pigeon hole it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

csprince wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Acé wrote:

i think u lost that argument pavarotti had the above and he ain't pop.music is music don't pigeon hole it.

Pop music is hard to define. Not everyone agrees on this. In my opinion, most rock music and rap music falls under the category of pop music. Pavarotti flirted with pop music as well. What is not pop music is jazz, classical, experimental, ambient, techno...

Postby csprince

at the end of the day a great song is a great song regardless of whichever category it get's lumped into.one of the reasons i like prince is he plays differents type's of music and taught me that the guitar piano saxophone drums voice etc are great instruments.

Postby Holden Chinaski

csprince wrote:at the end of the day a great song is a great song regardless of whichever category it get's lumped into.one of the reasons i like prince is he plays differents type's of music and taught me that the guitar piano saxophone drums voice etc are great instruments.

I agree. But Ace was saying the Beastie boys were pop and Eminem is not. Which is bull.

Postby Cloud Strife

The man has to win more to be compared to Hendry and O'Sullivan. A lot more. He is nowhere near them ATM.

Hammering in a few exhibition shots when the frame is already over does not constitute taking the game to a higher level IMO.

Postby McManusFan

Cloud Strife wrote:The man has to win more to be compared to Hendry and O'Sullivan. A lot more. He is nowhere near them ATM.

Hammering in a few exhibition shots when the frame is already over does not constitute taking the game to a higher level IMO.

:goodpost: