Topic locked

Should Wenbo Get 1 of the Wild Cards for the Masters ?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes : 14

Masters Wild Card

Postby Wildey

Last Season i thought Liang Wenbo was unlucky not to get a Wild Card it went to old Faithful Jungle Jimmy White.

then Wenbo made the Top 16 yipeeeeeee in the Masters at last he thought but No now the Rankings Changed and hes been hopeless hes dropped down to about 23 and will not be at the Masters Again.

Do you think on that Basis Alone he More than Anyone Deserves the Wild Card For the Masters ?

Re: Masters Wild Card

Postby Roland

Definitely last year and definitely this year if the alternative is Jimmy White but I think Martin Gould should be put into the mix too. I'd like to see how the other EPTC events and the UK goes.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Definitely last year and definitely this year if the alternative is Jimmy White but I think Martin Gould should be put into the mix too. I'd like to see how the other EPTC events and the UK goes.

this season there wont be the Qualifier Competition that meant Rory McLead got a Wembly place last year this year i think it will be based on PTC Results to a large degree.

ive said it before id like the Paul Hunter Classic to be used as a Masters Wild Card route given the link between Paul and The Masters.

Postby Bourne

Are you sure we're getting Masters wildcards this year ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Are you sure we're getting Masters wildcards this year ?

ill get back to you its draw time

Postby Alex0paul

Why on earth should Liang get a wildcard?!? He has barely won a match in the last 12 months so there is absolutely no case whatsoever for him to get the wildcard. If its just for the fact he was in the 16 then Ryan Day should get it.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Why on earth should Liang get a wildcard?!? He has barely won a match in the last 12 months so there is absolutely no case whatsoever for him to get the wildcard. If its just for the fact he was in the 16 then Ryan Day should get it.

Ryan Day has played in the Masters i think Wenbo was Robbed Last season when Old Man Jim got it.

thats the thing.

personally for me id say no he shouldn't get it unless he turns it on at the UK Because he has done nothing since the shanghai masters 2009.

id like it to have some sort of Link to the PTC Table as well where the highest players Amateur or Pro that is not in the Masters of right gets a spot or the Highest Place player in the Paul Hunter Classic thats not in the tournament of right then the second wild card being given at the discretion of the promoter based on some sort of season success and NEVER based on popularity.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Why on earth should Liang get a wildcard?!? He has barely won a match in the last 12 months so there is absolutely no case whatsoever for him to get the wildcard. If its just for the fact he was in the 16 then Ryan Day should get it.

Ryan Day has played in the Masters i think Wenbo was Robbed Last season when Old Man Jim got it.

thats the thing.

personally for me id say no he shouldn't get it unless he turns it on at the UK Because he has done nothing since the shanghai masters 2009.

id like it to have some sort of Link to the PTC Table as well where the highest players Amateur or Pro that is not in the Masters of right gets a spot or the Highest Place player in the Paul Hunter Classic thats not in the tournament of right then the second wild card being given at the discretion of the promoter based on some sort of season success and NEVER based on popularity.

He was. Though the reason Hearn chose Jimmy were obvious. Barry Hearn is primarily charged with bringing interest and sponsors back into the game. So he whacked in a player he knew a lot of people would pay to watch. The last management may have done a lot wrong, but at least they tended to go for who had played best over the season for the wildcard.

Postby Casey

Wenbo will not get one. If Hearn thought he was that valuable he would have kept his match to the televised stages of the World Open.

Alot will depend on the UK I guess. I would go for Trump :redneck: he won an EPTC event and needs more exposure to TV audiences as he is going to be one of the faces of the future.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:Wenbo will not get one. If Hearn thought he was that valuable he would have kept his match to the televised stages of the World Open.

Alot will depend on the UK I guess. I would go for Trump :redneck: he won an EPTC event and needs more exposure to TV audiences as he is going to be one of the faces of the future.

Face of the future. <doh> What is he planning to get on Crimewatch?

Postby Witz78

Leading contenders IMO

Mark Davis
Martin Gould
Judd Trump

WILD wildcards

Jimmy White
Reanne Evans
Igor Figuerido

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:Leading contenders IMO

Mark Davis
Martin Gould
Judd Trump

WILD wildcards

Jimmy White
Reanne Evans
Igor Figuerido

good call

Postby Alex0paul

Suprised nobody has mentioned Brecel

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul WC wrote:Suprised nobody has mentioned Brecel

ahhh i knew there was someone id missed in my WILD wildcard selections.

If he produces the goods at one of the PTC events before the Masters then possibly. Also a good showing at the Power Snooker event next month could help his cause.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if he did give it to Reanne Evans. People would watch it.

Yes it would certainly be one way to guarantee plenty of publicity for the Masters and the novelty element of it would attract a lot of people to tune in.

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:Are you sure we're getting Masters wildcards this year ?

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Zhanger <ok>

No chance

I will be very angry if he does not get it. :bang2:

Why would he get it? :huh: