Post a reply

Your early tips for the Worlds

Postby Bjornebye

At this stage of the season who do you think looks best placed heading into the Worlds?

The obvious answer is Judd but a few times this season he has fallen in games you wouldn't expect him too and I honestly don't think he will go all the way this time around. Plus the crucible curse.....

As my favourite player I'd love to see Higgins win one more but he is in an awful run of form when he comes up against a decent player so again i can't see him beyond the quarters.

If I was to pick who I would like to win it other than Higgins I'd go for Kyren. It seems weird saying it but he could end up being a long-term top 10 player who will always be an 'also-ran' and I was going he would win a ranking event this year.

Ronnie - You just don't know do you. He either wipes the floor with everyone or turns up half bothered and gets dumped out by someone like Gilbert.

The two I keep thinking are Selby and Robertson. Robertson apart from the last few tournaments has looked as good as he ever has and Selby looks to be getting back to his better self.

I don't want to be part of the anyone but Judd campaign but please anyone but Judd. or Carter !!!!

Re: Your early tips for the Worlds

Postby TheRocket

Really think its wide open this year.

If you go for form its Trump but he hasnt performed at the UK and Masters where the pressure was high. And then you have the Crucible Curse.

Robertson is the other in form player but his record at the Crucible has been very poor in recent time. Last year he looked like the tournament favourite but then completely deteriorated against Higgins in the quarters.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:Really think its wide open this year.

If you go for form its Trump but he hasnt performed at the UK and Masters where the pressure was high. And then you have the Crucible Curse.

Robertson is the other in form player but his record at the Crucible has been very poor in recent time. Last year he looked like the tournament favourite but then completely deteriorated against Higgins in the quarters.

Robertson will win the opening week.

Again.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Really think its wide open this year.

Robertson will win the opening week.

Again.

He will peak in the first round.

Postby D4P

My guess is:

First round: Ronnie beats Slessor
Second round: Ronnie beats Cahill
QF: Ronnie beats Carter
SF: Ronnie beats Judd
F: Ronnie beats Selby

Postby mick745

I would say it is between Trump, Robertson and O'Sullivan.

Seems highly unlikely a new name will be on the trophy this year.

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Maguire is my tip to reach a semi

You mean Maguire gives you a semi

Obviously

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Maguire is my tip to reach a semi

You mean Maguire gives you a semi

Obviously

If it's on fire, I'd get yourself checked.

Postby Juddernaut88

OP why anyone but Judd? I always expected Judd to be a fans favourite for most Snooker fans. Somehow it's not really the case at all lol.
If Judd does make the impossible possible I would need to do something crazy to celebrate.

Postby Dan-cat

Juddernaut88 wrote:OP why anyone but Judd? I always expected Judd to be a fans favourite for most Snooker fans. Somehow it's not really the case at all lol.
If Judd does make the impossible possible I would need to do something crazy to celebrate.

Run through Picadilly with a daffodil up your bottom?

Postby Bjornebye

Juddernaut88 wrote:OP why anyone but Judd? I always expected Judd to be a fans favourite for most Snooker fans. Somehow it's not really the case at all lol.

A few reasons. I don't want a domination because it makes the sport boring. I'm also not a fan of Judd. Never met the guy, I'm sure he is probably decent but he strikes me as a bit of an entitled brat.

Wow in my short time here I don't want you all thinking I just hate all our players ! Far from it.

Postby Ck147

Murphy - you heard it here first, stop all this Ding and Ronnie nonsense.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why has nobody mentioned Georgiou??

I think you know why

Postby csprince

i predict one of the 144 players in the draw will become world champion.u heard it hear first.

Postby Juddernaut88

Bjornebye wrote:

A few reasons. I don't want a domination because it makes the sport boring. I'm also not a fan of Judd. Never met the guy, I'm sure he is probably decent but he strikes me as a bit of an entitled brat.

Wow in my short time here I don't want you all thinking I just hate all our players ! Far from it.

Fair enough, I can understand not wanting one player dominating the game. Obviously I will be routing for Judd and I want him to win everything possible lol, if he doesn't win at the Crucible then I will say anyone but Ronnie, Selby. Also not a fan of Ebdon and Carter but I doubt Ebdon will qualify for one anyway!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Bjornebye wrote:

Fair enough, I can understand not wanting one player dominating the game. Obviously I will be routing for Judd and I want him to win everything possible lol, if he doesn't win at the Crucible then I will say anyone but Ronnie, Selby. Also not a fan of Ebdon and Carter but I doubt Ebdon will qualify for one anyway!

I am pleased that you will be routing for Judd but surprised he does not have a satnav. Sheffield is not that hard to get to even without one.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Bjornebye wrote:

I am pleased that you will be routing for Judd but surprised he does not have a satnav. Sheffield is not that hard to get to even without one.

How many cans?