Post a reply

Carter and his attitude

Postby Bjornebye

I don't mean for my first topic to be negative but I have really gone off Carter. By gone off I mean grown to genuinely dislike him. His attitude stinks. Far too arrogant and thinks he is a lot better than he is.

I also think he cheated in the masters. If its Murphy or Robertson then you say its an honest mistake. This spoilt brat knew what he was doing.

Re: Carter and his attitude

Postby Dan-cat

I think it's quite fashionable to hate him now, and I've had my moments of being annoyed by him...but I think he's a great character. Almost a pantomime villain and he revels in it. There was an interview with him before that final he just made and he talked openly about the online abuse he gets and he seemed to be loving it, owning it.

Postby mick745

I don't really like the tone of this thread which smacks of bullying.

Let's start a thread where we can have a go at a particular player? Nah thanks. We're not at primary school are we?

There are players i admire, ones i dont, players i like watching, and ones i dont.

But live and let live guys. Think about what you are doing and why you are doing it.

Postby Bjornebye

Thats a bit of a juvenile response to be honest. Its far from bullying. Its discussing a player, his antics and his attitude. Happy for people to counter a well made point with opposite opinions but don't try and stop people talking about something that is worth discussing.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Carter is a very good player and has been outstanding in the past. But for interruptions to his career he almost certainly would have achieved far more and possibly - at a stretch - a WC.

I don't have any problem with his attitude. He has adopted the approach that suits him best and that is logical.

He is a great addition to the cast of snooker players and I have never seen him parakeet. (That yellow ball was not cheating -he expressed an opinion which the referee is responsible for agreeing with or ignoring)

Postby Bjornebye

Yep thats fair enough. I disagree but glad to hear an opposite opinion.

Postby mick745

Bjornebye wrote:Thats a bit of a juvenile response to be honest. Its far from bullying. Its discussing a player, his antics and his attitude. Happy for people to counter a well made point with opposite opinions but don't try and stop people talking about something that is worth discussing.

You're the one name calling and you call me juvenile.

Not bullying, eh?

"Far too arrogant and thinks he's a lot better than he is".

16th in the world.
Two world finals.
4 ranking title wins.

Postby Bjornebye

Put a sock in it. He thinks he is better than he is and he is arrogant. Thats my opinion. Its not bullying is it.

Postby Cloud Strife

I actually started to like Carter more after his GBH incident with Ronnie at the Crucible. Definitely came out looking the better of the two from that situation IMO.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:I actually started to like Carter more after his GBH incident with Ronnie at the Crucible. Definitely came out looking the better of the two from that situation IMO.

Many saw Carter as the villain but it was at least 50/50 if not 60/40 to Ronnie.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I actually started to like Carter more after his GBH incident with Ronnie at the Crucible. Definitely came out looking the better of the two from that situation IMO.

Many saw Carter as the villain but it was at least 50/50 if not 60/40 to Ronnie.

Yeah I agree with you.

Don't get me wrong, both men acted like children, but look at demeanour of the two of them throughout the whole thing - Carter was smiley and jovial, clearly enjoying the banter. On the otherhand you had an angry and snarling Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Definitely threw his toys out of the pram there, did Ronnie. Not his finest hour.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah I agree with you.

Don't get me wrong, both men acted like children, but look at demeanour of the two of them throughout the whole thing - Carter was smiley and jovial, clearly enjoying the banter. On the otherhand you had an angry and snarling Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Definitely threw his toys out of the pram there, did Ronnie. Not his finest hour.

Carter would not have bumped into him if he had had

Laser

Eye

Surgery

Postby Bjornebye

Dan-cat wrote:
Bjornebye wrote:Put a sock in it. He thinks he is better than he is and he is arrogant. Thats my opinion. Its not bullying is it.

No need for this kind of chat, please.

Yep. Apologies.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Many saw Carter as the villain but it was at least 50/50 if not 60/40 to Ronnie.

Yeah I agree with you.

Laser

Eye

Surgery

Why do you constantly feel the need to mock other posters on here? Is it some sort weird display of power and seniority on your part?

Seriously, you're not impressing anyone, so wind your bloody neck in.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Many saw Carter as the villain but it was at least 50/50 if not 60/40 to Ronnie.

Yeah I agree with you.

Laser

Eye

Surgery

Why do you constantly feel the need to mock other posters on here? Is it some sort weird display of power and seniority on your part?

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah I agree with you.

Laser

Eye

Surgery

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah I agree with you.

Laser

Eye

Surgery

The laser eye gag amused me.

:emb:

Postby The_Abbott

Ali Carter will never move above Matthew Selt in the dislikeable snooker league. Selt is the number one Hammer.

Postby Bjornebye

The_Abbott wrote:Ali Carter will never move above Matthew Selt in the dislikeable snooker league. Selt is the number one Hammer.

Really???? Never noticed an issue with him at all. Lisowski has an air of arrogance about him. Comes across like a bit of a nob. Don't get me wrong I'm all for characters in the game and a bit of arrogance is fine if you can back it up. We don't want it to be boring ! Imagine a tour full of Shaun Murphys!

Postby Juddernaut88

The_Abbott wrote:Ali Carter will never move above Matthew Selt in the dislikeable snooker league. Selt is the number one Hammer.

What's Matthew Selt done to be disliked? Never noticed much about him.

Postby Juddernaut88

Bjornebye wrote:

Really???? Never noticed an issue with him at all. Lisowski has an air of arrogance about him. Comes across like a bit of a nob. Don't get me wrong I'm all for characters in the game and a bit of arrogance is fine if you can back it up. We don't want it to be boring ! Imagine a tour full of Shaun Murphys!

Jack Lisowski is great. He's defo in my top 5 favourite players. I've never noticed much arrogance about him. I love the way he plays. He needs to land a ranking title though!

Postby Bjornebye

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Bjornebye wrote:

Jack Lisowski is great. He's defo in my top 5 favourite players. I've never noticed much arrogance about him. I love the way he plays. He needs to land a ranking title though!

I liked Lisowski until he got a bit arsey with Kyren earlier in the season. Cant remember the tournament and its obviously because he is bum chums with Judd.