Post a reply

Will Judd win more than 5 ranking events this season?

Yes, he'll win more than 5
28%
No, he'll win exactly 5
6%
No, he'll win fewer than 5
67%

Total votes : 18

Re: Will Judd win more than 5 ranking events this season?

Postby Cloud Strife

I think he'll win the Tour Championship, don't see anyone beating him over that distance currently.

Not sure about Gibraltar as that's abit of a lottery with the best of sevens, and he obviously won't win at the Crucible due to the curse.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I think he'll win the Tour Championship, don't see anyone beating him over that distance currently.

Not sure about Gibraltar as that's abit of a lottery with the best of sevens, and he obviously won't win at the Crucible due to the curse.

Yeah I expect him to win either Gibraltar or more.likely the Tour Champs.

We all know how the Crucible ends this year for him.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think he'll win the Tour Championship, don't see anyone beating him over that distance currently.

Breaking the 5 rankers records whilst slaying the Crucible curse would be an apt end to the season

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Breaking the 5 rankers records whilst slaying the Crucible curse would be an apt end to the season

Hope it doesn't happen.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

In a dream world yes.

In reality? Not really.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Hope it doesn't happen.

Unlikely tbh

Postby Juddernaut88

Hope Judd can win the Tour Championship, still have horrible memories of that event from last season. Of course he would prefer to win the World Championship but getting to 6 ranking titles before the World Championship would certainly take a lot of pressure off.

Postby Juddernaut88

Pink Ball wrote:Is he playing Gibraltar? If not, Tour Championship is his last chance

I think he is, he did say a few weeks ago that he will be. If he does win the Gibraltar Open he can get that £150,000 bonus.

Postby Andre147

If he wins Gibraltar he gets that bonus, and imagine he wins the Tour Champs as well, a further bonus for winning the Coral series.

I somehow think he wont win Gibraltar because of the shorter format, but in the TC I really cant see anyone stopping him over longer distance, maybe only Robbo at his very best.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:Judd won 8 rankers from 2011-2017, and has now won another 8 rankers from 2018-2020.

That is a remarkable stat

He's making up for lost time. Eight wasn't bad, but a player of his quality was always capable of so much more.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:Judd won 8 rankers from 2011-2017, and has now won another 8 rankers from 2018-2020.

He's making up for lost time. Eight wasn't bad, but a player of his quality was always capable of so much more.

Bet Ronnie never won 8 in 16 months.

banker

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

banker

He did, actually.

Very recently.

Postby Juddernaut88

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

banker

I think Ronnie won 8 ranking titles in 17 months, the period was from October 2017- March 2019. He's not won a ranking title since though.

Postby Bjornebye

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yep. We all knew how good he was but how he has managed to develop it even more so quickly is superb. Not his biggest fan but what a player.