Post a reply

Trying to find some information on this cue

Postby Jamie_2010

Could anyone help me with any information to this cue? Who made it ? Is there anything else like it ? Price ?
I’ve had it for about 15 years I was only 16 when I bought it, and the older/wiser/knowledgeable I’m getting I’m starting to realise how much craftsmanship has gone into this cue.
I’m writing this as displayed on the badge
KING
BULL DOG
DAFYDD HUGHES
THEN A PICTURE OF A BULL DOG CHEWING THE 8BALL
CUSTOM MADE CUES

But the but is spliced with red and the whole but is all different red colours it’s a 3/4 cue and the splices actually going into the top of cue slightly. Shame I can’t post any pictures, any help really appreciated.

Re: Trying to find some information on this cue

Postby Dan-cat

1. Take a pic
2. upload to www.hostimage.org
3. once uploaded get the photos' url/link/address (all the same thing, right-click on it, copy image address)
4. Back on here, click on the image button above (in between the chain icon and the little speaker)
5. paste in the url

Postby Prop

Daffyd is from Llanelli, now lives in Larçay in France. Pool player. Does or did own a pool club/bar in France. Can’t find any info on any products he put his name on. It’s hard to tell how good the cue is without any info to go on regarding his cues.

I’m not sure if it’s worth £200. But they do say something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Good luck :)

Postby Jamie_2010

Hi mate , I’m actually in 2 minds if I should let it go or not as for me it seems very very unique, I would like to know what it’s worth is as it seems like a lot of work has gone into the splicing I maybe wrong.
Thank you for your reply

Postby Prop

Jamie_2010 wrote:Hi mate , I’m actually in 2 minds if I should let it go or not as for me it seems very very unique, I would like to know what it’s worth is as it seems like a lot of work has gone into the splicing I maybe wrong.
Thank you for your reply

No worries :) Personally I’d decide based on how comfortable you are playing with the cue. Put potential value aside for a minute and think whether moving to a new cue might be good or bad for your game.

A couple of years ago I ended up hunting down my old cue that I’d sold on because nothing I subsequently bought seemed right. And the value of the cues I bought had absolutely no correlation with how well I could play with them. I spent a lot of money unwisely. A bit like the rookie golfer with a grand’s worth of clubs. Even Hendry played with a 40 quid cue for many years of his career.

So, if you play well with it, forget what it is or isn’t worth. If not, good luck finding your perfect cue. It’s not easy!