Post a reply

Re: Anyone checked on Hearn?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:What happened?

Ronnie failed to qualify for the Player's Championship, thanks in large part to the Shootout being made a ranking event.

So in effect, you could say Hearn is indirectly responsible for his golden goose not being a part of the remaining Coral series tournaments.

Postby Andre147

The way I see it a great as Ronnie O'Sullivan shouldn't have had to rely on a tournament like the Shoot-Out to get into the last two Coral series events.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:The way I see it a great as Ronnie O'Sullivan shouldn't have had to rely on a tournament like the Shoot-Out to get into the last two Coral series events.

Two minds on this.

I really don't think it's fair that this tournament should affect a proper ranking event like it has done here. (And has done previously.) It shouldn't affect a players rank, it should be invitational. In which case, Ronnie would be at the PC.

Saying that, a lot of people were acting like 'kamikaze Ronnie' was hilarious. Maybe he should've taken the tournaments he was in more seriously?

When it comes to Hearn, I'm sure privately he'll be a bit disappointed that Ronnie isn't there. But not so much that he'll change anything about the Shootout.

It's his job to promote snooker at the end of the day, not promote Ronnie. He certainly won't complain in public.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Saying that, a lot of people were acting like 'kamikaze Ronnie' was hilarious. Maybe he should've taken the tournaments he was in more seriously?.

I agree with this. I do enjoy watching kamikaze Ronnie at times, but Ronnie has to know to play like that will have consequences. I think Ronnie has some stuff going on in his personal life which made him play like someone who just doesn't care at times. It was obvious he didn't put the practice hours in and he lost many matches because he didn't play any safety and just went for every crazy pot. I think this is good for Ronnie. He needs to come back with a different attitude.

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:Hearn survived the Masters without Ronnie. I think he will manage

:goodpost:

When Pinkball posted this, I assumed something had happened. Like Hearn got arsey about something on ITV4, or went on a sweary rant on Twitter.

Looking on Twitter, he seemed more interested in the Tyson Fury fight than anything that was happening in snooker.

One of Pinkball's weaker gags.

Postby The_Abbott

He could have given Ronnie a lucrative invitation to the tournament so he's in no matter what. Like Jimmy's place on the tour.

Postby Snooker89

The_Abbott wrote:He could have given Ronnie a lucrative invitation to the tournament so he's in no matter what. Like Jimmy's place on the tour.

If I was ITV I would have it in their contract that the defending champion for any of their events is automatically given a spot. I actually think this should be the case for all tournaments in the season.

Postby Deewee

Snooker89 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:He could have given Ronnie a lucrative invitation to the tournament so he's in no matter what. Like Jimmy's place on the tour.

If I was ITV I would have it in their contract that the defending champion for any of their events is automatically given a spot. I actually think this should be the case for all tournaments in the season.

One of the arguments for the ITV events' ranking status is the fact that any pro, even the new ones, can qualify for them equally. The automatic spot would undermine that. And anyway, I don't know why they should be able to more easily defend their title