Post a reply

Distance walked during match

Postby JohnC

Has the distance that a player walks around the table, during a frame/match/tournament, ever been measured.

It would be interesting to know, especially with the devices available today.

Re: Distance walked during match

Postby Badsnookerplayer

JohnC wrote:Has the distance that a player walks around the table, during a frame/match/tournament, ever been measured.

Good idea - should be trivial to do.

I would estimate a mile in a BO9

Postby sundaygirl

JohnC wrote:Has the distance that a player walks around the table, during a frame/match/tournament, ever been measured.

World snooker should get FitBit on board as a sponsor, would make a change from all the betting companies.
I think similar to shot times there would be quite a range of distances, some players like get down on the shot right away, others prefer to wander about viewing everything from multiple angles.
I worry when Ricky starts almost lapping the table, it’s his tell tale sign of lack of confidence, the more efficient he is the better he plays.

Postby vodkadiet1

Steve Davis used to walk long distances in the run up to The Crucible to prepare himself for The World Championships. He also used to set his alarm earlier in the fortnight leading up to The Crucible to prepare himself for the early starts.

Steve Davis was like a Scientist.