Post a reply

ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of February at The Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

We couldn't have picked a much better Quarter-Finals line-up for a Home Nations event, with defending champion and man of the moment Neil Robertson playing Kyren Wilson, we also have one of the best rivarlies we ever had in Snooker, with Mark Selby playing Ronnie O'Sullivan, soon after they met at the same stage in Scotland this season. Battle between China's Yan Bingtao and 4 time World Champion John Higgins, and also Shaun Murphy playing WN1 and World Champ Judd Trump.

It promisses to be a great day with the best players in the world in action. Who shall win their Quarter-Final match and move to the one table setup and closer to the Ray Reardon trophy?

DRAW

Quarter-Finals

Neil Robertson v Kyren Wilson Robertson leads 3-1
Mark Selby v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 17-10
----------------------------------------
Yan Bingtao v John Higgins Higgins leads 3-2
Shaun Murphy v Judd Trump Trump leads 22-10

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

one of if not the strongest Quarter Final line up ever with 7 of the top 10 players in the world and 6 of them actually seeded in to the Quarter Final only Mark Williams and Mark Allen missing

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:one of if not the strongest Quarter Final line up ever with 7 of the top 10 players in the world and 6 of them actually seeded in to the Quarter Final only Mark Williams and Mark Allen missing

MJW needs to work harder and he knows it, shame about Allen though. We're in for some good matches.

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Hang on, how come you posted this Andre and not Wildey?

I do make threads from time to time if Wild isnt available.

Postby eraserhead

Don't care that MJW is missing he's never been one of my favourite players. Yan, Kyren and Smurph being the weakest players shows how good tomorrow could be.

What a cracking set of matches! :D

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:

Not only a fine specimen of a man, but you show initiative as well, I like that. Serious question, can top refs make a living from snooker? I googled what some of them make from a tournament, seems like it could be possible if they did every tournament, but do they have other jobs as well? Is your dream to be a full time ref?

Postby Ck147

lhpirnie wrote:No, it's a crap line-up. No UK Champion, no Masters Champion, no Welshmen, a teenager. It must be a sponsor's nightmare!

Yeah, sponsors probably up in arms with who's made it through so far, hahahahaha

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:Looks like it's impossible for this tournament to be won by a teenager, the final would be on Yan's birthday.

You're right, good knowledge! Even if that wasn't the case and he was still 19, do we really think he will make it that far in current company?

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Not only a fine specimen of a man, but you show initiative as well, I like that. Serious question, can top refs make a living from snooker? I googled what some of them make from a tournament, seems like it could be possible if they did every tournament, but do they have other jobs as well? Is your dream to be a full time ref?

If a ref made every event then yes we could make a living out of it.

Unfortunately, only about 5% of referees dont have another job. Most of the refs you see on tv have a job, reffing is a hobby and part-time.

Yes it's every refs dream that we could make a living out of it, but still its not bad.

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Looks like it's impossible for this tournament to be won by a teenager, the final would be on Yan's birthday.

You're right, good knowledge! Even if that wasn't the case and he was still 19, do we really think he will make it that far in current company?

Seems unlikely, but you never know. Pretty much everyone still in has had the odd inconsistency recently except Robbo. So unless the fuse blows on Robbo's hair straighteners, he's the only one who hasn't shown some weak displays recently.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

If a ref made every event then yes we could make a living out of it.

Unfortunately, only about 5% of referees dont have another job. Most of the refs you see on tv have a job, reffing is a hobby and part-time.

Yes it's every refs dream that we could make a living out of it, but still its not bad.

Interesting, always wondered about that, thanks Andre

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Seems unlikely, but you never know. Pretty much everyone still in has had the odd inconsistency recently except Robbo. So unless the fuse blows on Robbo's hair straighteners, he's the only one who hasn't shown some weak displays recently.

Trump beat him in Germany a couple of weeks ago and don't think it was down to straighteners! Great rivalry between those two, well ahead of everyone else right now. Really looking forward to see how Ronnie performs against them, if he makes it past Selby of course.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ck147 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Trump beat him in Germany a couple of weeks ago and don't think it was down to straighteners! Great rivalry between those two, well ahead of everyone else right now. Really looking forward to see how Ronnie performs against them, if he makes it past Selby of course.

ROS will make 4 tons and slay the Selbo dragon. :mosh:

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:one of if not the strongest Quarter Final line up ever with 7 of the top 10 players in the world and 6 of them actually seeded in to the Quarter Final only Mark Williams and Mark Allen missing

Also, 6 former World Champions still in the draw, and i wouldn't bet against either of the other 2 becoming one in the future...