Post a reply

Anyone have any experience of making YouTube videos?

Postby Pink Ball

Hello friends,

I want to make a special effort seeing as Ding Junhui will be winning this year's World Snooker Championship at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield.

Ahead of this momentous World Championship, I want to create a video of iconic Crucible moments (happy, sad, etc.)

I know exactly what song I want to play in the background (it's 2 minutes, 31 seconds). I have a fair idea what clips I want playing where and for how long. And it will need a lot of clips.

Now, what I have in mind probably requires some serious effort and skill. And I have never made a video.

So, I was wondering is there anyone here who might be willing to help me make this ambition a reality. Someone who has skill, the passion for snooker to take part, and the generosity not to charge me any money for creating it. I am rich but also a tight bastard.

Re: Anyone have any experience of making YouTube videos?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:It's not hard, do it your bucking self. A bottle of macallan and I'll get my girls to do it for you

Then tell me how the buck I do it then, you pin end

I was going to help you, but not after this little outburst. Not a cat in hell's chance.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:It's not hard, do it your bucking self. A bottle of macallan and I'll get my girls to do it for you

I was going to help you, but not after this little outburst. Not a cat in hell's chance.

Go buck yourself you high-horse rubbish snake hiss

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:

ffs, start with the link below and see how you get on
https://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-YouTube-Video
If you get stuck let me know, might be a good project for one of my girls, no promises though, as they are more into make up and cakes

Postby Pink Ball

Right, so I finally got around to making it, rubbish as it might be. Iranu kindly posted it earlier because I didn't want people to know it was me because I wanted honest feedback. Which never came.

It's my first attempt at a YouTube and probably my last because I don't have the skills, which is why it's taken so long. Anyway, here it is. Think there are a few Mitski fans on here which might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qL3x-2o3w

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:Right, so I finally got around to making it, rubbish as it might be. Iranu kindly posted it earlier because I didn't want people to know it was me because I wanted honest feedback. Which never came.

It's my first attempt at a YouTube and probably my last because I don't have the skills, which is why it's taken so long. Anyway, here it is. Think there are a few Mitski fans on here which might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qL3x-2o3w

That’s actually a great vid, Pink. Very well edited. I enjoyed that. :hatoff:

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:I’d be interested to know of there was any reason in particular to the order if the clips?

Yes and no.

Each Crucible era champion appears at least once. They roughly go from downbeat moments to more upbeat as it goes along. Some clips are put there just because they fit with the music.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’d be interested to know of there was any reason in particular to the order if the clips?

Yes and no.

Each Crucible era champion appears at least once. They roughly go from downbeat moments to more upbeat as it goes along. Some clips are put there just because they fit with the music.

Yeah I thought that but noticed a few clips that didn’t fit that progression. Fitting the music explains it.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Yes and no.

Yeah I thought that but noticed a few clips that didn’t fit that progression. Fitting the music explains it.

Think it fits better that way though. The Crucible is a rollercoaster of emotions.

Postby SnookerEd25

I have not watached it, therefore I cannot give feedback.

I have been too demoralised after clicking on links here that purport to be something meaningful and then turn out to be that BUCKING PEE WEE HERMAN WANNKER EATING PIZZAS :grrr:

I have been so traumatised by this, that I am now undergoing counselling, and my paranoia STILL won’t accept that all the positive comments on this thread are not just an elaborate ruse to get me to click on a link that turns out to be that BUCKING PEE WEE HERMAN WANNKER EATING PIZZAS :wild:

I have never felt so low :sad:

Postby Dan-cat

Pinks, this is great. I love the dip-to-black fades, adds drama, and you haven't overused it. I got quite emotional watching this. Some exquisite moments you've captured there. Hijacking all that footage must have taken some time.

Key things for me when editing is to cut to the changes in the music, you've done this sometimes. I always edit to music, just makes it smoother to watch.

Also I notice some of the clips have a skewed aspect ratio, which should be avoided when scaling / resizing clips. Best thing to do is to punch in a bit (zoom/scale) rather than trying to make the footage fit.

Pacing is important in editing, building the drama, and peaks and troughs of energy.

I apologise - you asked for help with editing two years ago and I think I must have missed this thread. Maybe it was at a time when I wasn't on the forum much. Happy to chat more, I've recently been focussing on filmmaking as my one of my main revenue streams, and I used to outsource to an editor, but more recently I've been doing the editing myself because I wanted to tell the stories in my own way, and I've grown to love it.

Do more!!! I look forward to them.