Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128

Postby Prop

Real flu is genuinely grim. And... I’ve just had deja vu of the last time Snookerfan mentioned he was ill... oops. Sorry Pinky.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:I'm full of cold, can't keep my eyes open, feel like I might keel over unconscious at any point through fatigue.

And yet I am so uncomfortable in my bed that it is physically impossible to sleep on. I've been trying since quarter past nine.

I think you have coronavirus, stay indoors, phone nhsdirect, and let them set a tent up around you so you don't infect us. Hope you feel better soon x

Postby Iranu

From what I remember SF has issues in bed without anything to do with being ill.*

*not a sex joke

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:What a let off. Come on John, go splash some water on your face or something.

Wind down the window and put the radio on loud.

Could do a Ronnie, and have a nap when your opponent is at the table.

Postby Iranu

O’Connor really let Higgins off this evening. Higgins was awful.

Postby McManusFan

Higgins gets the black!

The distinct aroma of egg and chips may be filling the arena, but it doesn't matter Higgins sends the youngster packing 3-1.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm full of cold, can't keep my eyes open, feel like I might keel over unconscious at any point through fatigue.

And yet I am so uncomfortable in my bed that it is physically impossible to sleep on. I've been trying since quarter past nine.

I don’t mean to alarm you, but do you think you might be dying?

Sounds good to me.

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Like I've already said, I'm a decent potter and my cueball control is good, so I've managed to make 30, 40 and 50+ breaks. And even a few tons. I usually do very well around the black spot.
But I never claimed to be the next Ronnie, Trump, etc. I'm too old to take up the game professionally and have to many areas when I'm weak. My long potting has never been great (due to my cue action not being textbook, it's similar to Allen's) and I suck at escaping snookers.

Johnny you’re pretty lucky to have access to a 12ft snooker table, since the vast majority in Brazil are 10ft aren’t they? Your countryman Igor had never even played on a 12ft table until shortly before a certain tournament! Shame you don’t make a go of things competitively. All that practice and knocking in centuries on a 12ft table must put you at quite a high level in the amateur game. Are you lucky enough to have a 12ft table at home, or is it at a snooker club?

The table belongs to a childhood friend of mine. His parents have a good financial situation. His dad bought him the table in the late 90's. It's made by Riley's. The table looks great and is still in very good condition. It originally had a slower cloth/nap, but he has changed it since and the new one is great. Probably not as fast as a pro table since it's not heated, but way better than a club one. Those usually have slow thick naps in order to last longer. And probably due to the owner's cheapness. <laugh>
As for Figueiredo, I have no idea when he first started playing on a regular size table. We have a lot of pool tables and also smaller snooker tables. If I'm not mistaken, they are 10 or 11 ft, something like that. A variation of snooker with just 1 red and the colors is played on that. Here's a video explaining that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlIPmyui8w&t=304s
And here's Figueiredo doing a ton at the National Championship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKBjfL82FSQ
This is a normal sized table, it's not smaller. It is true that there aren't as many normal tables, but it's not like they aren't any. It's not like we are the poorest people in the world u know. :-(
To make a joke, as long as there are africans out there, we are safe :chuckle:

That one red game is weird! Thanks Johnny.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:From what I remember SF has issues in bed without anything to do with being ill.*

*not a sex joke

:clap:

Love a good sex joke!

<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:From what I remember SF has issues in bed without anything to do with being ill.*

*not a sex joke

No, but it works both ways.

Postby hendry_fan

McManusFan wrote:Higgins gets the black!

The distinct aroma of egg and chips may be filling the arena, but it doesn't matter Higgins sends the youngster packing 3-1.

A super braw post MF. <laugh> :clap: <ok> :-D