Post a reply

ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of February at The Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

Home Nations 2019/2020 draws to a close this week in Cardiff with Mark Selby going for the 3rd win of the season having won in England and Scotland But the man in form is Defending Champion Neil Robertson.

in the draw this week is Ronnie O'Sullivan whos not entered many but the ones he has not been as profitable as he would hope so with the Players Championship and Tour Championship coming up Ronnie desparatly needs points this week in Wales.

Who will progress?

DRAW

Selected last 128 Matches
Neil Robertson v Jamie Clarke
Gerard Greene v Liang Wenbo
Nigel Bond v Ricky Walden
Ding Junhui v Marco Fu
Tom Ford v Xu Si
Kyren Wilson v Jackson Page
Mark Selby v David Grace
David Gilbert v Matthew Stevens
Graeme Dott v Zhao Xintong
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Sohail Vahedi
Jack Lisowski v Li Hang
Anthony Hamilton v Michael White
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Zhang Jiankang
Mark Williams v Oliver Lines
Stuart Bingham v Martin Gould
Yan Bingtao v Michael Holt
Luca Brecel v Kacper Filipiak
Scott Donaldson v Sunny Akani
Barry Hawkins v Sam Craigie
Mark King v Ken Doherty
John Higgins v Joe O'Connor
Mark Allen v Andrew Higginson
James Wattana v Jimmy White
Gary Wilson v Chang Bingyu
Stephen Maguire v Rod Lawler
Hossein Vafaei v Igor Figueiredo
Judd Trump v James Cahill

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie needs one of his vintage Welsh Open performances like in 2014 or 2016.

Now he knows he needs to in order to compete in the remaining Coral events, he might take it seriously.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie needs one of his vintage Welsh Open performances like in 2014 or 2016.

Now he knows he needs to in order to compete in the remaining Coral events, he might take it seriously.

Yeah I think we'll see a more focused Ronnie O'Sullivan from this point on.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah I think we'll see a more focused Ronnie O'Sullivan from this point on.

He was focus this week and played much slower than he did before Christmas

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Yeah he was playing pretty well I thought. Playing properly. Still think he's happy to lie low before the World's but who knows if he even strategises like that, or what goes on in his head.

The man who complains how much he hates Crawley, then spends the week there anyway.

I'm strategic thinking is something Ronnie does.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Yeah he was playing pretty well I thought. Playing properly. Still think he's happy to lie low before the World's but who knows if he even strategises like that, or what goes on in his head.

You cant afford to think like that it puts so much pressure on the World and if it doesent come off you feel like fool.

you got to try and win everything you enter some will come off others you lose i dont buy this burnout get out clause players use.

If you want something badly enough you find a extra level to try and get it sometime you lose as all players lose but this burnout thing is a excuse before you lose

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

The man who complains how much he hates Crawley, then spends the week there anyway.

I'm strategic thinking is something Ronnie does.

Hello strategic thinking is something Ronnie does.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote: ...this burnout thing is a excuse before you lose

Your beloved Selbo used that "excuse" in 2013. I personally believe such a thing can happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

You cant afford to think like that it puts so much pressure on the World and if it doesent come off you feel like fool.

you got to try and win everything you enter some will come off others you lose i dont buy this burnout get out clause players use.

If you want something badly enough you find a extra level to try and get it sometime you lose as all players lose but this burnout thing is a excuse before you lose

Ronnie doing something to make himself look a fool? Unthinkable.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
mick745 wrote:I'll be in Cardiff on Wednesday and Thursday if anyone wants to meet for a pint?

I would, but I arrive Friday.

I'll be there Monday-Thursday. I prefer many-table set-ups. But I tend to watch the younger players until later rounds (when they've usually all lost).

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mick745 wrote:I'll be in Cardiff on Wednesday and Thursday if anyone wants to meet for a pint?

I would, but I arrive Friday.

I'll be there Monday-Thursday. I prefer many-table set-ups. But I tend to watch the younger players until later rounds (when they've usually all lost).

Yeah. You're the banker who advised me against the Hawkins 147. rofl

(Just kidding.)

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:Early exit here for ROS and he might have to win the shootout to get in the next Coral event!

He has a much better of winning this one than the Shoot-Out.

Postby HappyCamper

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Minky will win the shootout.

Who's Minky?

Milkins?

Nutcharut "Mink" Wongharuthai from Thailand. First female player on record to make a 147. She and Reanne Evans are among the wildcards for the shoot-out.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Early exit here for ROS and he might have to win the shootout to get in the next Coral event!

yea Early defeat here and i wonder if he will try Gibralter to try and get in the Tour Champs

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

yea Early defeat here and i wonder if he will try Gibralter to try and get in the Tour Champs

Isn’t Gibraltar like £25,000 for the winner though?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Isn’t Gibraltar like £25,000 for the winner though?

No £50,000 this year same as ShootOut