Post a reply

Who is the current best snooker commentator?

Phil Yates
33%
Neal Foulds
6%
Steve Davis
No votes
Ken Doherty
No votes
John Parrott
No votes
Stephen Hendry
11%
Alan McManus
17%
Dennis Taylor
No votes
John Virgo
6%
Willie Thorne
11%
Dave Hendon
No votes
Joe Johnson
No votes
Phillip Studd
No votes
Dominic Dale
6%
Peter Ebdon
No votes
Clive Everon
11%

Total votes : 18

Re: Who is the current best snooker commentator?

Postby TheRocket

Hendry,Foulds and Clive have always been my Top3.

If I had to choose one I'd say Hendry. Knows everything about the game and just a honest commentator who says what he sees and thinks.

Foulds close second.

Clive still a good commentator but too old now and you can clearly hear it when he starts stuttering.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Islanders, we have an injured poster among us. Someone hit their head and voted for Virgo. :dizzy: :? :hmmm:

The clear answer to this poll is Clive Everton. He is very knowledgeable, has a nice voice and doesn't talk rubbish. He is closely followed by Fouldsy, Angles and Hendry, who are also great.

Yates was close to taking last place due to his annoying voice and meaningless chatting.
However, nobody can topple Taylor in that regard, he's a complete imbecile and talks rubbish all day long. :td:

Postby McManusFan

Virgo ain't that bad, he's got a cracking voice, and he's very good at injecting drama into the frame. The commentator that I just can't get into is Phillip Studd, I'd even take Taylor or Yates over him.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:Virgo ain't that bad, he's got a cracking voice, and he's very good at injecting drama into the frame. The commentator that I just can't get into is Phillip Studd, I'd even take Taylor or Yates over him.

I thought I didn't like Virgo, but the tournament he missed seemed less exciting somehow.

There are people I know that I would be embarrassed to admit that too.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Virgo ain't that bad, he's got a cracking voice, and he's very good at injecting drama into the frame. The commentator that I just can't get into is Phillip Studd, I'd even take Taylor or Yates over him.

I thought I didn't like Virgo, but the tournament he missed seemed less exciting somehow.

Couldn't agree more, I know he's probably more entertainer than commentator but I think that sort of thing helps set the big BBC tournaments apart.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Couldn't agree more, I know he's probably more entertainer than commentator but I think that sort of thing helps set the big BBC tournaments apart.

It's a bit naff sometimes, and he could do without sucking up to Ronnie all the time, but the way he spunks himself over quite trivial things can make the game seem more exciting.

Not without his annoying habits.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's a bit naff sometimes, and he could do without sucking up to Ronnie all the time, but the way he spunks himself over quite trivial things can make the game seem more exciting.

Not without his annoying habits.

Aye, that's why I think Alan is the best right now, you get the nerdy technical stuff as well as that sense of excitement.

Postby Iranu

It’s got to be between Foulds, Hendry and McManus.

Everton is a shadow of the commentator he once was. Still better than most, though.