Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 16!!!!!

Postby Ck147

Johnny Bravo wrote:A ROS vs Robbo final is on the cards

yep, was looking forward to Ronnie Trump but Ronnie Robbo should be a decent match

Postby Prop

Novocaine for the soul... what a tune. Not heard that in years!

As for Willo’s diet, I couldn’t agree more. But exercise is crucial too. For the mind just as much as the body. There must be millions of people taking SSRIs while doing zero exercise and eating rubbish. It’s ludicrous. And GPs dish out antidepressant scripts far too readily. Big Pharma is behind it. Much like the US opioid crisis.

Back to the snooker... Robbo vs Ronnie final does look likely, Johnny. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Dott win tonight though. And you’ve always got to keep one eye on Higgins.

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:Dott was superb against Xiao yesterday. I really fancy him to win tonight

But he needs to prove that he can play to a high level against ROS. Lost the last 5 matches to him and its not even been close. 4:1,4:1,4:0,5:0,6:1. Thats Milkins level.

Postby Alex0paul

TheRocket wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Dott was superb against Xiao yesterday. I really fancy him to win tonight

But he needs to prove that he can play to a high level against ROS. Lost the last 5 matches to him and its not even been close. 4:1,4:1,4:0,5:0,6:1. Thats Milkins level.

He’s a different player this season to the last 4 or 5 years.

Postby mantorok

Alex0paul wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

You sure you're not trolling?

Postby Alex0paul

mantorok wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

This has been one of his best ever seasons for consistency. Reaching Last 16 of near enough every event

Postby mantorok

Alex0paul wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

This has been one of his best ever seasons for consistency. Reaching Last 16 of near enough every event

So that means this is the end of the line for him this tournament?

Postby Johnny Bravo

How on Earth was he superb when just made 1 break over 50 in the entire match ? :?

Postby McManusFan

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There's a bit about Mark Williams on page 51 of The Metro. He's had gout, but that hasn't stopped him enjoying a Budweiser and a kebab.

Rather than adjust his diet, just take the medication forever. The modern way.

I don't really see the problem. If the medication is available, why shouldn't you take it?

Well gout is caused by putting the wrong fuel in the car.

If I woke up, as Willo did, with crippling pain in my toe that meant I couldn't walk, I'd change the fuel. Look at everything I'm putting in my body, food and booze-wise,to avoid the gout triggers. Rather than just pop a pill for the rest of my life with god knows what long term side-effects.

Look at the cause of the problem, rather than put a sticking plaster on.

Totally agree with this, you are what you eat has never been more true, you put rubbish in you're going to get rubbish out.

Medication is rarely a permanent solution to anything, changing bad habits to good ones is difficult and not everyone is cut out for it, everyone being proably around 95% of people in the world!

Sorry but I disagree here. If there are two solutions to a problem, one difficult and one easy, I don't see the virtue in taking the difficult path. Changing one's diet is indeed difficult - I'd be pretty upset if I had to give up beer, and I think I'm not alone there.

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:Novocaine for the soul... what a tune. Not heard that in years!

As for Willo’s diet, I couldn’t agree more. But exercise is crucial too. For the mind just as much as the body. There must be millions of people taking SSRIs while doing zero exercise and eating rubbish. It’s ludicrous. And GPs dish out antidepressant scripts far too readily. Big Pharma is behind it. Much like the US opioid crisis.

Back to the snooker... Robbo vs Ronnie final does look likely, Johnny. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Dott win tonight though. And you’ve always got to keep one eye on Higgins.

Couldn't agree more Prop. I have friends with long term depression who take meds and don't exercise. Exercise and nutrition is the first thing I'd look at.

Big Pharma has a lot to answer for

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:Sorry but I disagree here. If there are two solutions to a problem, one difficult and one easy, I don't see the virtue in taking the difficult path. Changing one's diet is indeed difficult - I'd be pretty upset if I had to give up beer, and I think I'm not alone there.

Well I think gout medication has some pretty bad side effects if taken longterm.

Also unnecessary use of medication and treatment puts a HUGE time and resource strain on an NHS that’s already close to being crippled. And that medication could also potentially be used on patients whose health problems aren’t caused by their own bad diet. I don’t know if that’s the case for gout necessarily but every disease doesn’t have its own unique treatment that can’t be used on anything else.

Considering the change would be “cut down on the red meat and beer” it’s not exactly a huge sacrifice to make.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Sorry but I disagree here. If there are two solutions to a problem, one difficult and one easy, I don't see the virtue in taking the difficult path. Changing one's diet is indeed difficult - I'd be pretty upset if I had to give up beer, and I think I'm not alone there.

You don't have to give up beer completely.

I'd hazard that you're crazy if you think it's fine to take some medication with god knows what side effects, for the rest of your life, instead of looking at your diet. Your body is letting you know that what you are putting in it is far from ok if you wake up and you can't walk.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

You don't have to give up beer completely.

I'd hazard that you're crazy if you think it's fine to take some medication with god knows what side effects, for the rest of your life, instead of looking at your diet. Your body is letting you know that what you are putting in it is far from ok if you wake up and you can't walk.

It isn't as if you aren't made aware of what the side effects are when you take the medication. As for gout specifically, most sufferers don't have to take long term medication, just anti inflammatory drugs when they have a flair up. I just think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to way up the options and choose medication over a lifestyle change, it's for them to decide what they want.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Sorry but I disagree here. If there are two solutions to a problem, one difficult and one easy, I don't see the virtue in taking the difficult path. Changing one's diet is indeed difficult - I'd be pretty upset if I had to give up beer, and I think I'm not alone there.

Well I think gout medication has some pretty bad side effects if taken longterm.

Also unnecessary use of medication and treatment puts a HUGE time and resource strain on an NHS that’s already close to being crippled. And that medication could also potentially be used on patients whose health problems aren’t caused by their own bad diet. I don’t know if that’s the case for gout necessarily but every disease doesn’t have its own unique treatment that can’t be used on anything else.

Considering the change would be “cut down on the red meat and beer” it’s not exactly a huge sacrifice to make.

The NHS is under a huge amount of strain, but that's the fault of the people refusing to fund it properly rather than those suffering from chronic conditions. The argument about putting an unfair burden on the health services is quite a common one, particularly in regards to smoking, but there are a few reasons I don't think it's quite right. Firstly things that are bad for you tend to have be taxed highly, in a sense you've already made a down payment on potential health consequences down the line; secondly, people with chronic conditions (e.g. gout, diabetes etc) shouldn't be made to feel as if they deserve the illness and don't deserve the treatment, they've got enough problems on their plate without being made to feel bad about it; thirdly, not everyone who has a bad diet (or smokes, or takes drugs) will develop an illness, this ties in with the first point and shares the financial load.

(In the interests of keeping this an interesting debate, I should also point out that I'm not saying anyone here is belittling people with illnesses, I'm talking broadly).