Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 16!!!!!

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:I think Wilson and Lisowski always bring out the worst in Trump. Lisowski for friendship reasons, Wilson for the opposite. Doesnt treat them like normal opponents. He should have a clear leading H2H against them. He hasnt though.

Kyren now has a 7-3 record against Judd in real matches.

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:Vorderman's still a fox, can't they just play her advert over and over instead of trust a bucking dodgy trader.

Vorderman is like Trigger’s broom. Still would.

Postby TheRocket

Foulds and McManus overdramatize the fluke.

Assuming that Wilson really thought "its not my day" after Trump fluked the blue it'd mean that he is a weak player mentally. Its as simple as that.

A strong player should be capable of ignoring bad runs and flukes. Especially after bottling a massive opportunity to win the match in the frame before that which was purely his own fault.

Postby Ck147

Wow, just saw that Judd is out, was expecting him to beat the pirate. Is Robbo on the tv table next? Will be back home soon so will be able watch.

Postby chengdufan

Ck147 wrote:Wow, just saw that Judd is out, was expecting him to beat the pirate. Is Robbo on the tv table next? Will be back home soon so will be able watch.

Don't know. I'm watching Zhao v Higgins on table 2

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:haha loved Robbos comments. When asked about his 4:3 win over Holt.

" I feel sorry for Michael. That was probably the best he's played all season".

To give his performance and form any kind of significance he says that a lot that the other played well implying that to stop him someone has to play out of his mind to beat him.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

chengdufan wrote:The problem is the ranking point system, which needs a massive rethink.

Rankings should be based on a combination of frames won, ranking of opponent, tournament round, and recency.

That's way to complicated for Snooker. They've only had rolling rankings for ten years.

Postby mantorok

Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:Vorderman's still a fox, can't they just play her advert over and over instead of trust a bucking dodgy trader.

Vorderman is like Trigger’s broom. Still would.

Totally, but yeah that doesn't bother me, she pulls it off :evilgrin:

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:Ronnie chose to spend the quality time with his family during the Masters instead.

That's not acceptable.

He needs to do it at a time that the Snooker Island moderating team feels appropriate.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Shoot out is before the Players Champ, no? Probably just some insurance to ensure he gets enough points.

More likely he's there to cover it with Eurosport so he may as well play the odd frame.

Probably a bit of both. He enjoys the studio work, but also I reckon the penny has dropped that he can’t be blasé about skipping tournaments if he wants to play in all the ones he enjoys.

Postby Ck147

mantorok wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Williams in terrible shape. No part of his game working.

It's the pressure of playing the best player in the world.

You know it

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Williams in terrible shape. No part of his game working.

This is the pot calling the kettle black, but I worry about Williams' health with all his takeaways and beer. He had chest pains last year and now gout.

Maybe he is in terrible shape. Literally.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There's a bit about Mark Williams on page 51 of The Metro. He's had gout, but that hasn't stopped him enjoying a Budweiser and a kebab.

Rather than adjust his diet, just take the medication forever. The modern way.

I don't really see the problem. If the medication is available, why shouldn't you take it?

Well gout is caused by putting the wrong fuel in the car.

If I woke up, as Willo did, with crippling pain in my toe that meant I couldn't walk, I'd change the fuel. Look at everything I'm putting in my body, food and booze-wise,to avoid the gout triggers. Rather than just pop a pill for the rest of my life with god knows what long term side-effects.

Look at the cause of the problem, rather than put a sticking plaster on.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There's a bit about Mark Williams on page 51 of The Metro. He's had gout, but that hasn't stopped him enjoying a Budweiser and a kebab.

Rather than adjust his diet, just take the medication forever. The modern way.

I don't really see the problem. If the medication is available, why shouldn't you take it?

Well gout is caused by putting the wrong fuel in the car.

If I woke up, as Willo did, with crippling pain in my toe that meant I couldn't walk, I'd change the fuel. Look at everything I'm putting in my body, food and booze-wise,to avoid the gout triggers. Rather than just pop a pill for the rest of my life with god knows what long term side-effects.

Look at the cause of the problem, rather than put a sticking plaster on.

Totally agree with this, you are what you eat has never been more true, you put rubbish in you're going to get rubbish out.

Medication is rarely a permanent solution to anything, changing bad habits to good ones is difficult and not everyone is cut out for it, everyone being proably around 95% of people in the world!