Post a reply

China Open 'postponed'

Postby SnookerFan

Following extensive consultation between WST, the WPBSA and our many partners in China, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 China Open.

This flagship China event had been scheduled for March 30 to April 5 in Beijing, however considering the current health and travel situation in China our highest priority has to be the welfare of our players, staff and the many fans who travel around China and beyond.

Discussions with our partners in terms of staging this event at a later date are ongoing. In the meantime, our thoughts are with all of our many friends across China and in particular those affected by the coronavirus.

https://wst.tv/2020-china-open-statemen ... and-wpbsa/

Re: China Open 'postponed'

Postby Cloud Strife

The UK government needs to follow suit and suspend all flights from China until this thing blows over.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:Also sad for Selby's ranking position. :sad:

Wahey!!!!! Every cloud!!!!!

Except ours.

Postby vodkadiet1

I would cancel it permanently. There are enough events in China and it too close to Sheffield anyway.

Postby The Jester from Leicester

vodkadiet1 wrote:I would cancel it permanently. There are enough events in China and it too close to Sheffield anyway.

I wouldn't say Sheffield was particularly close to China. Unless you consider almost 5000 miles apart to be close?

Postby Ck147

Stoopid, see my other post

Postby Ck147

The_Abbott wrote:I think they should also cancel the shootout too just to be sure.

Ban!

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:In the meantime, our thoughts are with all of our many friends across China and in particular those affected by the coronavirus.

Why are their thoughts with us? We haven't lost a loved one. If their thoughts were with us, they'd let us go and watch the bloody snooker.

I'm tempted to write a long message explaining why this whole thing is making me very annoyed, but it's not worth it.

Postby Cloud Strife

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:In the meantime, our thoughts are with all of our many friends across China and in particular those affected by the coronavirus.

Why are their thoughts with us? We haven't lost a loved one. If their thoughts were with us, they'd let us go and watch the bloody snooker.

I'm tempted to write a long message explaining why this whole thing is making me very annoyed, but it's not worth it.

Please write it. I'd be very interested to read about this whole situation from the perspective of a native, just as long as the CPC don't arrest you for doing so. The last thing I would want is for your Social Credit rating to take a hit over something you've posted on Snooker Island.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 01 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:The disease has affected a massive 0.0008% of China’s population, a whopping 2.2% of whom have died.

Thoughts and prayers for China.

China - The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

Postby GeF

May be with the China open postponed/cancelled, the field in Gibraltar will be stronger.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:I would cancel it permanently. There are enough events in China and it too close to Sheffield anyway.

Yes, too much snooker is always a problem.

Let's go back to having six ranking events a season.

Postby SnookerFan

The Jester from Leicester wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:The UK government needs to follow suit and suspend all flights from China until this thing blows over.

Gets my vote.

Postby Alex0paul

How’s that for a slice of fried gold