Post a reply

Re: Old, but interesting article on Mark Selby

Postby rekoons

yeah, I knew his feather died when Mark was still a teen, but not that he died less than 2 months after being diagnosed with cancer.
Also didn't knew that about his mother.

Guess these circumstances either break you or make you strong as rock.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Wow. I didn't realise that Mark Selby had his mother desert him like that.

Bet she wishes she hadn't now.

Well, sod her.

If she only wants to be in his life because he's successful, rich and famous she isn't much of a parent.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

rekoons wrote:yeah, I knew his feather died when Mark was still a teen, but not that he died less than 2 months after being diagnosed with cancer.
Also didn't knew that about his mother.

Guess these circumstances either break you or make you strong as rock.

It is great to see he has made it to the top of his chosen profession despite the hardships he faced. I knew that he had to scrounge table time as a kid because he struggled to afford it.

Postby TheSaviour

Has some slight similarities to what Ronnie did experience with his family. Don´t really know if either of them are actually any rock, the telling just kind of a happens on the table, as weird as that just is. Obivously those really sad things have had a much, much influence. Snooker-wise they both always try to bring something new. The conditions usually are really difficult, so thinking it they both must be credited of having a superb, superb attitude.

Well, an any given people and the experiences are always unique.