Post a reply

Coronavirus

Postby Dannyboy

Luckily this is the only event that is affected, but I haven't seen any comment from WST regarding the China Open and other events (and for the Chinese based players too).

Obviously the China Open takes place in mid March bu qualifying taking place very soon - any conjecture from anywhere about the status of this event?

Re: Coronavirus

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:They’ll play it in Chinatown

In Leicester Square?

Postby Cloud Strife

Beijing is too dangerous. Move the event to Wuhan instead.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:They’ll play it in Chinatown

In Leicester Square?

Aye. They’re bringing in some empty seats to keep those Chinese tournament feels.

Keeping it local, then.

Postby SnookerFan

There was a China Town in the Trafford Centre when I went to the English Open in Manchester.

Postby vodkadiet1

I am more concerned about catching the 'SanMiguelVirus'. Apparently that is far more deadly.

Postby Wildey

China Open is now Canceled so this year the cut off point for the World Championship is 22nd of March after the Tour Championship in Llandudno.

so the Draw should be up well in advance of the Qualifying which starts 8th of april

Postby Ck147

Wtf, a few people have a disease they caught off an animal and they cancel the snooker. Should do same as F1, monitor the situation and decide nearer the time. Media blowing this way out of proportion, it's a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the population that have been infected, more people die from flu. Some people thinking this is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, jeez.

Postby vodkadiet1

I sincerely hope to contract the 'Coronavirus'.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:I sincerely hope to contract the 'Coronavirus'.

Don't be silly

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I hope this never reaches the shores of the Island. Do we have a plan?

Don't be silly

Postby chengdufan

Wildey wrote:China Open is now Canceled so this year the cut off point for the World Championship is 22nd of March after the Tour Championship in Llandudno.

so the Draw should be up well in advance of the Qualifying which starts 8th of april

Is this true? Very strange decision if so. It's not scheduled until April! The virus should be well under control by then.

I'm back to work on the 10th along with the rest of China.

Postby chengdufan

Ck147 wrote:Wtf, a few people have a disease they caught off an animal and they cancel the snooker. Should do same as F1, monitor the situation and decide nearer the time. Media blowing this way out of proportion, it's a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the population that have been infected, more people die from flu. Some people thinking this is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, jeez.

Exactly this

Postby chengdufan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I hope this never reaches the shores of the Island. Do we have a plan?

As long as everyone wears a mask while they post/read we should be fine.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:I sincerely hope to contract the 'Coronavirus'.

We hope for you to contract it too.