Post a reply

BetVictor European Masters Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 22nd - Sunday 26th of January at Messe Dornbirn, Austria

A New setting for the European Masters this year and new time of the season Last Season the event was in Belgium and played October 2018.

Also this year the European Masters is part of the BetVictor European Series with German Masters, Snooker Shoot Out and Gibralter Open the other 3 events the most successful money earner during the 4 events will get a bonus of £150,000.

Defending Champion Jimmy Robertson though will not be in the Draw having lost in Qualifying just before Christmas.

World Champion Judd Trump is also out having lost to Ian Burns 5-3 in Barnsley.

However still there is the likes of Ali Carter, Ding Junhui, Kyren Wilson, Neil Robertson, Mark Williams, John Higgins and Mark Selby

Who will reach the Last 16?

DRAW

Last 32
Daniel Wells v Michael Holt Tied at 2-2
Tian Pengfei v Ali Carter Carter leads 3-0
Robert Milkins v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 3-2
Scott Donaldson v Kyren Wilson Tied at 2-2
John Higgins v Fergal O'Brien Higgins leads 8-4
Robbie Williams v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh Un-Nooh leads 2-1
Graeme Dott v Liang Wenbo Dott leads 5-2
Lyu Haotian v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 3-0
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams v Zhou Yuelong Williams leads 3-1
Jackson Page v Yan Bingtao Yan Bingtao leads 1-0
David Lilley v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 1-0
Jak Jones v Mark Selby Selby leads 1-0
Lu Ning v Marco Fu Never Played Before
Alfie Burden v Xiao Guodong Xiao Guodong leads 3-2
Gary Wilson v Luca Brecel Wilson leads 3-2
Michael White v Zhao Xintong White leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 32 !!!!!

Postby TheSaviour

The thing about (also) snooker is trying to be deadly. That certainly means going for the obvious shots, and not letting them down. Stuart Bingham yesterday quiet wasn´t doing that. He only did go for those great ideas safety-wise only to usually to bottle those pretty badly. Kyren was even more abysmal, given his (approach) and efforts to be deadly. But Bingham still is Bingham, so he eventually played pretty well. He do has the overall-approach to be deadly, and that´s class. He starts the matches well, and don´t even mind when opponent gets first in and possibly makes over 130 from there, like Kyren did. Bingham does run the frames pretty fastly and well, just a slight lapses of concentrations when needing to something really difficult with the cue ball. Stuart won´t even mind when he bottles a frame-ball, he´s right back into it while the next frames are up and running!

Bingham is great. For sure. He only at times forgets of trying to be deadly. And an EFFORTS of trying to be deadly is something everyone sees of how the game should be played. Ronnie O´Sullivan BASICALLY is deadly. But I really mean that BASICALLY. Bingham for the most parts tries to be deadly. Being deadly means that the first frame means business. What happens during the later parts of the matches doesn´t matter.

Obviously just no-one fancies to be a choker or a bottler.

Kyren has the class to make some great, great nicks, as well as really precise big centuries. But he isn´t exactly deadly. He´s "just" class. And what I would like to see from him is the efforts to go to the pack even more precisely and bravely as I know he´s well capable of it, with a top spin off the black. The reds always are there for him, he´s just that good with those..He´s classy and precise as hell with he cue ball. But he needs to be even slightly more brave.

But a bottle is something which is required while trying to be deadly. As well as not turning down those shots which are sliightly unorhotdox while knowing that those are easy shots to play. Bingham does turn some of those down. Which is sad.

Stuart Bingham runs the frames very well indeed. But even he has some quiet heavy weaknesses. AND he also tries to be really, really clever and patient at times which doesn´t suit any well to him. He just should runs those frames and try to be deadly. But he´s a real Ronnie O`Sullivan! He would be even more than that if he just bothers to get rid of those weaknesses of him. Those are nothing that much serious. Fair play to him. Just the overall standards just isn´t there at the moment. An efforts of being deadly just lacking are almost fully lacking.

So we are back of seeing something we shouldn´t being seeing. I am a person to state that as I experience that on any given minute no matter where I am. We only have billions of Saviour´s currently. The speaking is no existent. The looks are no-existing. The speaking is just about muttering a one word. They all reckon doing that they are classy. The overall-level of arrogance is just a bit too much currently. They absolutely all are slow as hell. At least pro snooker players aren´t any slow. They don´t accept any critic. They are completely unable to do anything else than to wear those colours, spamming, the word, spamming and some more spamming. That´s their answer. Spamming. They all are childishas hell, as well as naturally extremely arrogant. They don´t see anything, they don´t think anything before speaking if even speaking anything else than the word. They don´t hear anything. They are just slow as hell. And someone like Stuart Bingham should try to to please them and trying to work with all of them.

They probably doesn´t even fancy to get rid of those unwanted tattoos anymore. Otherwise they would have even some efforts to be something decent.

So you figure.

They figure it is great to mutter a word. And just a one word. They just competely have igonored the fact that it was "opened up" by a one or few extremely and genuinely sharp people (which is a very rare indeed) a few years ago. A few years ago I would had experienced it really good, but after opening it up I have experience all the talking as an insult.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:matches will be best of nines but with no interval. idk maybe austrians don't need to go to the toilet?

rubbish idea.

All players in favour of it.

We had it at the qualifiers. Worse for us refs though.

Postby HappyCamper

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:matches will be best of nines but with no interval. idk maybe austrians don't need to go to the toilet?

rubbish idea.

i'd think a few players might change their mind if they end up 4-0 down mind.

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rubbish idea.

i'd think a few players might change their mind if they end up 4-0 down mind.

That did happen and I didnt hear them complaining about it.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:That must be really hard for the referees.

Not easy I can assure you.

deleted stoopid comment due to cue wine
Last edited by Ck147 on 19 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby McManusFan

It does seem odd that refs can't nip to the toilet between frames. One possible solution, although I guess it only applies to the TV matches, is the marker could rack up the balls whilst the ref was out.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:

Dehydrate like Henry Cavill, will also do wonders for your physique :)

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Did you not see Andre ref on the ES Player? I don’t think he needs help with his physique <ok>

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Did you not see Andre ref on the ES Player? I don’t think he needs help with his physique <ok>

I did, he's a fine specimen of a man, just a tip for not needing to wee as much, and also improves muscle definition supposedly.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Perhaps they're all given an allowance of adult diapers by World Snooker.

Don't be so thick.

They're not called World Snooker any more.

My mistake.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Perhaps they're all given an allowance of adult diapers by World Snooker.

Don't be so thick.

They're not called World Snooker any more.

My mistake.

<ok>

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I did, he's a fine specimen of a man, just a tip for not needing to wee as much, and also improves muscle definition supposedly.

Fine specimen... I like it!