Post a reply

Re: 2020 Masters Prediction Contest

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:To be honest as long as you amend your prediction before the deadline I don’t see why it would be an issue.

It allows for tactical predicting which goes against the etiquette of these contests. Basically, it's bad sportsmanship.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ck147 wrote:JB shouldn't I be on 55? 3 first round wins, 2 qf wins and 1 correct score. Or have I messed up somewhere?

I'll check to see. Anyway, I will add the scorelines again when this is over to make sure I did't miss anything.

Postby Ck147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:JB shouldn't I be on 55? 3 first round wins, 2 qf wins and 1 correct score. Or have I messed up somewhere?

I'll check to see. Anyway, I will add the scorelines again when this is over to make sure I did't miss anything.

Ok, thanks

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:To be honest as long as you amend your prediction before the deadline I don’t see why it would be an issue.

It allows for tactical predicting which goes against the etiquette of these contests. Basically, it's bad sportsmanship.

So does leaving your prediction until the last minute. The only way to truly combat it is to do every prediction by PM.

Postby HappyCamper

///// Semi-final 1, Saturday, 18 January /////
(best of 11 frames)

19:00 David Gilbert 6 - 4 Stuart Bingham

Postby Andre147

Murphy has ruined my predictions.

Not only did he not win the match, but he didnt reach the Final. I was the only one left who had one player to reach the Final, in this case Murphy and would have got valuable bonus points.

Postby Ck147

Johnny Bravo wrote:CK147, u were right. You have 55 points. My bad. :-(
I'll double check everything again when it's done.

No worries JB, not like I'm going to win, although want to beat SF!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Template for the final

/////Final, Sunday, 19 January/////
(best of 19 frames)

13:00 & 19:00 - Ali Carter v Stuart Bingham

Deadline: 1 hour before the final starts

Postby Johnny Bravo

Rankings after Semi-finals:

1. DanCat - 85 points
2. Andre - 80 points
3. KrazeeEyezKilla - 75 points
4. McManusFan, Pinky - 60 points
5 Carayip, Iranu, Eraserhead, Ck147 - 55 points
6. Jester - 50 points
7. Wildey, SF - 45 points
8. HappyCamper, Vodka - 40 points
9. PLtheRef - 35 points
10. SundayGirl, JB - 20 points

As far as I've checked, nobody picked these 2 are the possible finalists, so nobody gets any points.
Therefore, there a maximum of 15 points up for grabs if someone manages to predict the correct outcome and scoreline of the final. Plus the bonuses:
- 10 points for the maxi, but I pretty much doubt either of these 2 can make one.
- 10 points for those who predicted the player with most tons.

So that's grand total of 35 possible points. Those of you still competing for the win, please PM me with your predictions.

I'll double check tomorrow to see if I miscalculated someone's points or if I forgot something.
Good luck to u all, but it seems it will be a battle of the mods and KEK for the top spot.

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:Bingham 5 - 10 Carter

Not the result I would want, but I just have the feeling this tourney has Carter's name on it.

Know what you mean, hope you are wrong :)

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:Can you confirm who can mathematically win please, Johnny?

What's wrong with waiting until it's all over? Makes it more exciting!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Mathematically, probably anyone that has more than 50 points. Realistically speaking, probably the top 3.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:

This is a good point.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

So does leaving your prediction until the last minute. The only way to truly combat it is to do every prediction by PM.

This is also a good point.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:

What's wrong with waiting until it's all over? Makes it more exciting!

If you can mathematically win you’re supposed to PM Johnny rather than posting here, so I just wanted to double check.

Postby sundaygirl

McManusFan wrote:Just remembered I predicted Bingham to make a 147. Really hope he makes one now!

If he does he’ll rob Gilbert of the high break, and that would be a shame