Topic locked

12bet.com World Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 18th of September~Sunday 26th of September

The World Open is a new format for a World Ranking event with best of 5 frame matches and a best of 9 frame final with a Random Draw throughout .

Today sees the start of the last 16 with 2 extra Last 32 Matches In the Mix Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jimmy White and Marco Fu v Andrew Higginson Thrown in.

There is no draw for this event but here is the Format of Play

When Draws will be taking place

quarter finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Friday 24 September,
semi finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Saturday 25 September.

Thursday September 23

12.30pm

Jimmy White v Ronnie O'Sullivan Last 32
Marco Fu v Andrew Higginson Last 32
Marcus Campbell v Ding Junhui

7pm

Mark Williams v Barry Hawkins
Peter Ebdon v Liu Song

Friday September 24

12.30pm

Jamie Cope v Ricky Walden
Stephen Hendry v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus

7pm

Neil Robertson v Andrew Higginson
Martin Gould v Stephen Lee

Saturday September 25

1pm

Quarter-final
Quarter-final

7pm

Quarter-final
Quarter-final

Sunday September 26

2pm

Semi-final
Semi-final

8pm

Final

Re: 12bet.com World Open Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Murphy and Selby are the only names missing aren't they?

i got to admit i was wrong i expected more shocks than we had we possibly will get shocks from now on (go hendry :redneck: ) but really what do we call Burnett in a shanghai final.

Postby Tubberlad

The one fault I'd have with this so far is scheduling. Now to be fair, it wasn't too bad tonight, but last night we had O'Brien against Ebdon and the night before that we had a rather turgid clash between Campbell and Dunn. Regardless of overlapping, O'Sullivan should be on prime time slot. Again, I don't think O'Sullivan v White is on tomorrow, is it?

Postby Bourne

Yeh it's first thing in the afternoon tubbs and the Hendry match is second on on Friday which I think's a little disappointing, they could have missed a trick with the Friday evening primetime slot.

Postby Roland

I think the idea is that they put the big matches on in the afternoon in order to pull in the crowds. Jimmy v Ronnie will be a full house, if you put them on first then most will disappear before the 2nd match starts. If you put them on second out of three then most will get their seats, watch the first match, watch the main match and then probably stick around for the one after that.

And regarding the other matches, I'm afraid no matter what you think of some of them, they've all got to be played at some point. Dunn v Campbell was in the right place, late night after the BBC stopped live coverage.

There is a reason for it all and it makes more sense than the scheduling in the Chinese events, that's for sure.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Yeh it's first thing in the afternoon tubbs and the Hendry match is second on on Friday which I think's a little disappointing, they could have missed a trick with the Friday evening primetime slot.

Well I've a party Friday night <laugh> but yeah, that would have been cool. I have a very good feeling for Hendry, would love to see him win this.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:Yeh it's first thing in the afternoon tubbs and the Hendry match is second on on Friday which I think's a little disappointing, they could have missed a trick with the Friday evening primetime slot.

Well I've a party Friday night <laugh> but yeah, that would have been cool. I have a very good feeling for Hendry, would love to see him win this.

Ronnie i feel was in flippant mood against king .....

King had hatfull of chances in first 2 frames he even had a great chance first in the 147 frame missed a straight Red and left Ronnie Bang in the Balls.

so unless Ronnie comes with his Flying Head Jimmy could beat him tomorrow from what ive seen of him so far this season.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Murphy and Selby are the only names missing aren't they?

i got to admit i was wrong i expected more shocks than we had we possibly will get shocks from now on (go hendry :redneck: ) but really what do we call Burnett in a shanghai final.

We call it Burnett being up to his old tricks. <laugh>

I hope everybody remembers that I said I didn't think this tournament would produce many shocks beforehand. How are inexperienced players supposed to handle the pressure a best of five produces if they've never even been on television before?

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/3149060/Rocket-brainless-blast-at-rivals.html

Yes ronnie, well many of these 'brainless' snooker players have reached the same amount of world finals as yourself.

Anyway, the draw couldn't have worked out better for Ronnie, he will Brush aside veterans Jimmy and Hendry without dropping a frame.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Ronnie didn't actually say what the headline said he said though, that's the point.

Indeed. And I suspect that comes from an interview some weeks ago with talksport where he was asked if to be a top snooker player could be taught. His answer was, that, no, some things can't be taught, and he refered not only to snooker but pointed at music and art "genius" as well.

Postby Casey

Jimmy v Ronnie - Most predictable match of the year

Frame 1 - Ronnie pots a middle distance red after Jimmy opened the balls far and wide. Ronnie makes a 75 break.

Frame 2 - Ronnie misses several long reds, Jimmy gets in and makes a 25-28 break before losing position. After a short safety battle Ronnie gets in and makes a 62-68 break with one red left. Ronnie Snookers Jimmy on the last red, Jimmy leaves it on - frame over.

Frame 3 - Jimmy out on his feet, Ronnie gets a long red and makes a ton with several flash shots on the way.

:ahh:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Ronnie didn't actually say what the headline said he said though, that's the point.

yes that's a bullocks article from the Sun again ....

but the article is right im not getting on trump's back here but he lost last night because he doesn't use his loaf and doesn't see things right at the moment.