Post a reply

Which ranking event will Ronnie win this season?

World Grand Prix
4%
Welsh Open
4%
Players Championship
8%
Tour Championship
4%
China Open
4%
World Championship
38%
He won't win a ranking event
38%

Total votes : 26

Re: Will Ronnie win a ranking event this season?

Postby The_Abbott

Will he even qualify for the Players/Tour Championships?!

It looks like WC or broke. Think it will be broke but will enter a few more in 2021 to keep his Top 16 place

Postby HappyCamper

The_Abbott wrote:Will he even qualify for the Players/Tour Championships?!

It looks like WC or broke. Think it will be broke but will enter a few more in 2021 to keep his Top 16 place

Probably for the Players at least. He's currently 17th on the season to date list with the World Grand Prix and Welsh Opens to add to his total. Tour might be a bit tougher.

Postby TheSaviour

Actually a stupendous question. Never has remember him to basically not even THAT much even threatening to win ranker now when half-season or so gone all over, exluding that season when he decided to play only the WC, and didn´t he won that WC then, beating Allister Carter if gathered it right. Now he hasn´t really been threatening to win anything, as he has played some ABSOLUTELY brilliant stuff firts, for example white-washing an in-form and amazing snooker player Tian Pengfei, only to lately to lose that form and bowed out.

Hopefully he will win one or some with a style. With a right type of a form, peaks and so on. Otherwise I would prefer him not to even win any. But with a style, nothing wouldn´t be better. Or…….

I still very much prefer and like him as he still is the only won who you can rely that he closes all those frames off if he just shows up. Even Mark Selby or Ding Junhui are slightly strange persons, and that will be it. In terms of closing every single frame off, basically not matter who wins those…

I would also hope Peter Ebberton would win a one ranker. Not much idea what he should do in order that to happen. But I have. Peter also is having….

When it was build (that car), when it was repaired, when the parts of which they use to repair it were build… So no any new ideas about the future WITHOUT talking about the pasts… What a. Needless to mention. But they all need to have some actual ideas also, otherwise they wouldn´t be so keen about that.

So no any colours mentioned, so something not to spam with. At least with a "mobile approach" I would also have the hope. Hopefully they will keep it up. Better it was. But they didn´t keep it up.

Without anyt talks it is not possible to be labelled as an intelligent person. It is not possible. But the names can make it to happen.

So nothing any "funny" mentioned this time, so all the spamming is their own!

Build man, build.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I selected all six events. Not because I think he’ll win them, but because I’m bored

You should've picked that he won't win one, and then chose 5 other options.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 15 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I selected all six events. Not because I think he’ll win them, but because I’m bored

You should've picked that he won't pick one, and then chose 5 other options.

:anyone:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Edited, as my meaning wasn't clear.

I knew exactly what you meant, but couldn't resist taking the snake hiss a little, as is my way. No harm done. <ok>

The meaning wasn't clear was a bit of a joke we had yesterday.

I took no offence.

Postby chengdufan

Johnny Bravo wrote:He'll win the WC, I will make sure of that. Here's my plan: since lately ROS seems to don't give a buck about winning, I'll kidnap his kids and blackmail him by threatening their physical integrity if he doesn't train his bottom off and win the WC. Then he'll be forced to do it instead of coming there with that bad attitude. :mosh:

So now we know why he won. I hope his kids are ok.

Postby Andre147

chengdufan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:He'll win the WC, I will make sure of that. Here's my plan: since lately ROS seems to don't give a buck about winning, I'll kidnap his kids and blackmail him by threatening their physical integrity if he doesn't train his bottom off and win the WC. Then he'll be forced to do it instead of coming there with that bad attitude. :mosh:

So now we know why he won. I hope his kids are ok.

rofl

Postby D4P

D4P wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:It's either the WC or nothing this season, no in-between. That's my feeling on it.

This is how I see it, too. Ronnie's going all-in on the WC this season, and doesn't want to waste resources on other events.

The only other ranking event he might be conflicted about is the Tour Championship, since he's the defending champion and it's a big event. But he might not qualify for it, anyway...

:goodpost:

Postby TheRocket

D4P wrote:
D4P wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:It's either the WC or nothing this season, no in-between. That's my feeling on it.

This is how I see it, too. Ronnie's going all-in on the WC this season, and doesn't want to waste resources on other events.

The only other ranking event he might be conflicted about is the Tour Championship, since he's the defending champion and it's a big event. But he might not qualify for it, anyway...

:goodpost:

Good post indeed.
But I hope Erza is ok. Very surprised she wasnt present during the WC. Particularly as ROS has won his sixth World title now.

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:But I hope Erza is ok. Very surprised she wasnt present during the WC. Particularly as ROS has won his sixth World title now.

Yeah, I wonder if anyone knows how to contact her (other than via SnookerIsland's PM...)

Postby Andre147

Ronnie had a lighthearted approach in most of the tournaments he played this season, the only ones he seemed to take more seriously were in Shanghai, NI Open and probably the UK Champs.

Come the Worlds, he said he wanted to give it a good go this time see where that took him, and it took him the title.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie had a lighthearted approach in most of the tournaments he played this season, the only ones he seemed to take more seriously were in Shanghai, NI Open and probably the UK Champs.

Come the Worlds, he said he wanted to give it a good go this time see where that took him, and it took him the title.

He seemed to be taking the Welsh Open seriously too.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie had a lighthearted approach in most of the tournaments he played this season, the only ones he seemed to take more seriously were in Shanghai, NI Open and probably the UK Champs.

yes he needed the points to qualify for the PC which he didnt in the end. But he had a very good win against Selby along the way.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:

yes he needed the points to qualify for the PC which he didnt in the end. But he had a very good win against Selby along the way.

Sorry I missed the Welsh Open, of course he did, in fact he played very well, only for Kyren to beat him 6-5.

So in total he played proper in about half the events he entered, the other half not so much.

Postby Andre147

And we shall see if Ronnie does enter more tournaments the next 2 years.

He said he wanted to, thus becoming more competitive. But this was before he became world champion again, so his mindset might have changed now.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:And we shall see if Ronnie does enter more tournaments the next 2 years.

He said he wanted to, thus becoming more competitive. But this was before he became world champion again, so his mindset might have changed now.

He said in one of his post-WC interviews that he was no longer planning to play a fuller schedule...

Postby D4P

D4P wrote:
TheRocket wrote:But I hope Erza is ok. Very surprised she wasnt present during the WC. Particularly as ROS has won his sixth World title now.

Yeah, I wonder if anyone knows how to contact her (other than via SnookerIsland's PM...)

Maybe Erza was just Ash all along

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And we shall see if Ronnie does enter more tournaments the next 2 years.

He said in one of his post-WC interviews that he was no longer planning to play a fuller schedule...

Maybe he thought playing in more tournaments would give him more of a chance of performing well at the big events.

Well it's still true, but sometimes it's more down to his mindset than anything else. We clearly saw that at the Worlds.