Post a reply

Ronnie O'Sullivan's TC record comes to an end

Postby Ash147

Ronnie O'Sullivan has won one Triple Crown title every season since the 2011/2012 season. It's a shame to see this impressive record finally come to an end, but it had to at some point. I doubt we will see any player be able to repeat this feat for the 8 seasons that Ronnie did.

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan's TC record comes to an end

Postby D4P

Ronnie's streak would continue if he were to win the WC this season. The odds are against that happening, of course, but his streak is still alive for now.

It is quite an impressive streak, though, when you consider that other "greats" of the game like Higgins and Selby have career-long streaks of 2, while Willams and Trump have longest streaks of 1.

(Hendry and Davis share the record streak of 9).
Last edited by D4P on 05 Jan 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan has won one Triple Crown title every season since the 2011/2012 season. It's a shame to see this impressive record finally come to an end, but it had to at some point. I doubt we will see any player be able to repeat this feat for the 8 seasons that Ronnie did.

D4P is right...

In 2015, Ronnie didnt win any TC event, but during the 2014/2015 season he won the UK.

The streak is still alive but he needs to win the WC, otherwise it's come to an end.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan has won one Triple Crown title every season since the 2011/2012 season. It's a shame to see this impressive record finally come to an end, but it had to at some point. I doubt we will see any player be able to repeat this feat for the 8 seasons that Ronnie did.

D4P is right...

In 2015, Ronnie didnt win any TC event, but during the 2014/2015 season he won the UK.

The streak is still alive but he needs to win the WC, otherwise it's come to an end.

I'm fully aware of that, as I was talking about seasons and not calendar years. My point is that Ronnie will not win the World Championship, and so his record comes to an end.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

D4P is right...

I'm fully aware of that, as I was talking about seasons and not calendar years. My point is that Ronnie will not win the World Championship, and so his record comes to an end.

Hopefully he proves us wrong then.

Postby D4P

I'm expecting a good run at the WC for Ronnie this year. I think he's saving up for it, by doing what he feels like he needs to do this season to reduce pressure/expectations and conserve energy. The last 2 seasons he essentially shot his wad too early in the season by winning too many times, and by the time he reached the Crucible he was burnt out while also feeling a lot of pressure to continue his season-long success.

He would never admit it of course, but I get the impression that Ronnie has decided to prioritize the WC for a while, now that he has tied or passed Hendry on most/all of the other important records. I think we'll see a different Ronnie at the WC this season than we saw the past few seasons. That doesn't mean he'll necessarily win, but if he loses I think it will be to someone like Trump/Selby rather than to someone like Carter/amateur.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:I'm expecting a good run at the WC for Ronnie this year. I think he's saving up for it, by doing what he feels like he needs to do this season to reduce pressure/expectations and conserve energy. The last 2 seasons he essentially shot his wad too early in the season by winning too many times, and by the time he reached the Crucible he was burnt out while also feeling a lot of pressure to continue his season-long success.

He would never admit it of course, but I get the impression that Ronnie has decided to prioritize the WC for a while, now that he has tied or passed Hendry on most/all of the other important records. I think we'll see a different Ronnie at the WC this season than we saw the past few seasons. That doesn't mean he'll necessarily win, but if he loses I think it will be to someone like Trump/Selby rather than to someone like Carter/amateur.

Yeah I think the same.

For me Selby is a nice bet to win it, we all know Trump will fall victim to the Curse.