Post a reply

Judd's World Number One

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Judd has been world number one for about six months and has a healthy lead.

Do people think he will hold the spot for a very long time or will it be a couple of years then gone?

Re: Judd's World Number One

Postby McManusFan

It depends on how the Saudi Arabia tournament affects things. There's so much prize money on offer, and presumably ranking points, that future number ones won't be so reliant on the world championship.

As it stands unless Tump beats the crucible curse ( :boo: ) , it seems unlikely that he'll hold on to the top spot next year.

Postby Johnny Bravo

McManusFan wrote:It depends on how the Saudi Arabia tournament affects things. There's so much prize money on offer, and presumably ranking points, that future number ones won't be so reliant on the world championship.

As it stands unless Tump beats the crucible curse ( :boo: ) , it seems unlikely that he'll hold on to the top spot next year.

Trump doesn't need to win the WC again in order to remain WN1, which by the way, is bucking meaningless.
I can guarantee you that almost all top pros would rather be world champions 1 time rather than being WN1 for a few years.
In order for him to retain that top spot, he just needs to go deep in the big paycheck events, not necessarily to win them.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:Why has BSP suddenly got a boner for Trump?

It's mostly an anti-Ronnie boner.

Postby Ash147

BSP has always been a fan of Judd. It's not something new.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:

BSP has always been a fan of Judd. It's not something new.

His spamming the forum with it is new.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:His spamming the forum with it is new.

He's just trolling Ronnie fans. It's his shtick.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:His spamming the forum with it is new.

He's just trolling Ronnie fans. It's his shtick.

I was neither spamming or trolling - just putting up a thread to gauge people's thoughts. If you ain't interested then don't respond and it will soon fade away. Some irony that D4P pulls me up for trolling after some of his posts but I ain't too bothered really.

My thoughts on Judd being number one are that he will keep it for a year or two as he is likely to get to the final of a couple of events at least.

Postby McManusFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
McManusFan wrote:It depends on how the Saudi Arabia tournament affects things. There's so much prize money on offer, and presumably ranking points, that future number ones won't be so reliant on the world championship.

Trump doesn't need to win the WC again in order to remain WN1, which by the way, is bucking meaningless.
I can guarantee you that almost all top pros would rather be world champions 1 time rather than being WN1 for a few years.
In order for him to retain that top spot, he just needs to go deep in the big paycheck events, not necessarily to win them.

He certainly doesn't need to win this year's WC, but if he doesn't then next year's will surely be pretty crucial to his ranking. Obviously it will depend on how evenly distributed other tournament wins are, if we get a resurgant Selby or Ding starting to dominate Trump will need to do more than just tread water.