Post a reply

Judd Trump - Player of the Year

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Decent piece on WS website

https://www.worldsnooker.com/trump-the-player-of-2019/

"As far as snooker ability and playing goes I have seen him play stuff that even Ronnie can’t. To see him start producing it over the last 18 months is good, as a friend as well as a colleague. I genuinely believe that when Judd plays his A game and Ronnie plays his A game, Judd wins."

Re: Judd Trump - Player of the Year

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Decent piece on WS website

https://www.worldsnooker.com/trump-the-player-of-2019/

"As far as snooker ability and playing goes I have seen him play stuff that even Ronnie can’t. To see him start producing it over the last 18 months is good, as a friend as well as a colleague. I genuinely believe that when Judd plays his A game and Ronnie plays his A game, Judd wins."

It is indeed an interesting read. Regarding what Matt Selt said, it is his opinion and he's entitled to it. I believe he is half right, Judd can play some one of a kind shots, but I don't believe he beats ROS if both are at 100%, and that's cause ROS has the better cueball control. Sure, Judd can pull off some amazing shots to compensate for that, but in the long run, cueball control makes the difference.

Postby Ck147

I think Judd is the next "big" thing. Ronnie knows he's on the decline. Judd won't have it too easy the next couple of years, as Robbo is top notch right now, and Selby not done yet, to a lesser extent Allen, maybe a couple of others. The younger players still need to work on getting to that level, but think it will come from the Chinese contingent in the next 5 years.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ck147 wrote:I think Judd is the next "big" thing. Ronnie knows he's on the decline. Judd won't have it too easy the next couple of years, as Robbo is top notch right now, and Selby not done yet, to a lesser extent Allen, maybe a couple of others. The younger players still need to work on getting to that level, but think it will come from the Chinese contingent in the next 5 years.

People have been saying the Chinese will take over for at least a decade ago. It still hasn't happened and personally I don't think it ever will.

Postby Ck147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:I think Judd is the next "big" thing. Ronnie knows he's on the decline. Judd won't have it too easy the next couple of years, as Robbo is top notch right now, and Selby not done yet, to a lesser extent Allen, maybe a couple of others. The younger players still need to work on getting to that level, but think it will come from the Chinese contingent in the next 5 years.

People have been saying the Chinese will take over for at least a decade ago. It still hasn't happened and personally I don't think it ever will.

I didn't say say they will takeover, what I meant is it will take 5 years for them to get to a level to consistently challenge the top players - maybe 10 years! Who is coming through from the UK? The younger UK players are just as bad and inconsistent as the Chinese players at the moment. In 5 years we may see the class of 92 retired, maybe even Robbo and Selby gone. Thats a lot of time for the UK and Chinese younger players to improve, there's just a lot more Chinese players coming through.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:

I think it will eventually, just by virtue of numbers and the fact that they’ll eventually dominate the rankings.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I think it will eventually, just by virtue of numbers and the fact that they’ll eventually dominate the rankings.

This exactly

Needs one WC result and the tide will turn

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

This exactly

Needs one WC result and the tide will turn

Ding's the best Chinese player and he hasn't managed to do that. There's nobody on his level atm in order to stand a chance to win it. Maybe the likes of Bingtao or Xintong will be good enough in 5 years time. Atm, each has 1 major weakness: Bingtao is not scoring heavy enough and Xintong plays too much kamikaze stuff, he needs to get better at safety and tactical stuff.