Hey

Post a reply

Re: Hey

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I knew there were some dumb poops on this site, but I didn't think anyone would be retarded enough to think that I would not only make a sock puppet account, but make one mimicking a Selby fan. I've been banned a million times before, and never made a sock puppet account once. This aint my style. Chances are you clever dicks actually scared off a legitimate new poster here. Either way this is bucking hilarious.

How did you find this obscure, buried thread so quickly upon your return?

I eventually found it by clicking through all of the unread threads over the last two months.

In your absence, you have been accused of having sock puppet accounts and orchestrating a Distributed Denial of Service Attack upon Snooker Island which was survived.

However, many Islanders suffered life changing injuries.

To be fair, I defended Ash to the hilt when he was accused of the DDOS thingy. I was strongly of the opinion that he wouldn't be smart enough to carry out such a strategy.

He certainly wouldnt be smart enough, that much is garanteed.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:To be fair, I defended Ash to the hilt when he was accused of the DDOS thingy. I was strongly of the opinion that he wouldn't be smart enough to carry out such a strategy.

He certainly wouldnt be smart enough, that much is garanteed.

*wouldn't

*guaranteed

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Huh, that is pretty amusing. Even when I'm banned I still live rent free in people's heads. I enjoy that.

You desperately trying to prove you didnt have fake acounts is what amuses me.

But having said all this, it's better for me and Dan that you use your real one instead of making new ones and giving us a headache.

This right here is what I mean when I talk about bad moderating. You probably shouldn't be a professional referee if you are susceptible to such strong biases which cloud your judgement.

I don't mind being criticised, I certainly have my flaws. However, one thing I have never done is pretend to be something that I'm not. Love me or hate me I'm a genuine person, not some sock puppet banker.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Huh, that is pretty amusing. Even when I'm banned I still live rent free in people's heads. I enjoy that.

But having said all this, it's better for me and Dan that you use your real one instead of making new ones and giving us a headache.

This right here is what I mean when I talk about bad moderating. You probably shouldn't be a professional referee if you are susceptible to such strong biases which cloud your judgement.

I don't mind being criticised, I certainly have my flaws. However, one thing I have never done is pretend to be something that I'm not. Love me or hate me I'm a genuine person, not some sock puppet banker.

My refereeing activities have nothing to do with this, and if you keep mentioning them for no reason you wont be seen here for much longer, is that CLEAR?

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

My refereeing activities have nothing to do with this, and if you keep mentioning them for no reason you wont be seen here for much longer, is that CLEAR?

Why not? If you are known to have poor judgement in one area, then it would be perfectly reasonable to assume that would affect multiple areas of your life. You could also be suffering from a bad case of confirmation bias. Either way, your judgement comes into question.

Postby Holden Chinaski

You must have a sad and frustrating life, Ash... I feel sorry for you. You should watch some more Peterson clips, clean your room, and learn how to talk to women. Good luck.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:You must have a sad and frustrating life, Ash... I feel sorry for you. You should watch some more Peterson clips, clean your room, and learn how to talk to women. Good luck.

On the contrary, my life couldn't be better right now. Keep your pity for those who truly need it, my friend.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:You must have a sad and frustrating life, Ash... I feel sorry for you. You should watch some more Peterson clips, clean your room, and learn how to talk to women. Good luck.

On the contrary, my life couldn't be better right now. Keep your pity for those who truly need it, my friend.

Fair enough. But Ash, why don't you give the mods and the rest of the forum a break and try to act normal? There is no need to call people flowers or to constantly try to prove the mods are not fair and stuff... You know you are trying to push the boundaries. Nobody's perfect but I think Dan and Andre are doing a good job, and so was Wild. There's no need for acting like you're a victim. This is just a snooker forum. You're not William Wallace or Rosa Parks.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Fair enough. But Ash, why don't you give the mods and the rest of the forum a break and try to act normal? There is no need to call people flowers or to constantly try to prove the mods are not fair and stuff... You know you are trying to push the boundaries. Nobody's perfect but I think Dan and Andre are doing a good job, and so was Wild. There's no need for acting like you're a victim. This is just a snooker forum. You're not William Wallace or Rosa Parks.

The 'flowers' thing was just a bit of fun, I knew it would rustle some feathers. As for questioning the mods, I wouldn't have done so had one of them not falsely accused me of having a sock puppet account.

Wildey might have banned me several times, but I accept why he did so, and I respect the guy. The same cannot be said for the remaining moderators.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:The 'flowers' thing was just a bit of fun, I knew it would rustle some feathers. As for questioning the mods, I wouldn't have done so had one of them not falsely accused me of having a sock puppet account.

Wildey might have banned me several times, but I accept why he did so, and I respect the guy. The same cannot be said for the remaining moderators.

You know it would 'rustle some feathers' and you still do it and then you act like you don't get why it's wrong... That's childish and troll-like behaviour.

If you think Wild would not ban you or would not be as strict as Dan or Andre, you are dead wrong. Wild has banned you several times, so you have a history of getting banned. If Dan and Andre don't warn you and ban you they are basically sending the message to everyone to do whatever and you won't get banned... Grow up, Ash.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:The 'flowers' thing was just a bit of fun, I knew it would rustle some feathers. As for questioning the mods, I wouldn't have done so had one of them not falsely accused me of having a sock puppet account.

You know it would 'rustle some feathers' and you still do it and then you act like you don't get why it's wrong... That's childish and troll-like behaviour.

If you think Wild would not ban you or would not be as strict as Dan or Andre, you are dead wrong. Wild has banned you several times, so you have a history of getting banned. If Dan and Andre don't warn you and ban you they are basically sending the message to everyone to do whatever and you won't get banned... Grow up, Ash.

I didn't say that Wild wouldn't ban me, he has done several times in the past. The point is when Wild banned me it was for legitimate reasons, where I could hold my hands up and admit that I was wrong. I'm not sure I trust Dan or Andre to not ban me for some made up tripe. Even during my two month sabbatical the pair of them seemed to be trying to create reasons to either not lift my ban at all, or ban me shortly after my return. Wild would not do that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:Wildey might have banned me several times, but I accept why he did so, and I respect the guy. The same cannot be said for the remaining moderators.

You are a hypocrite. When Wild was still a mod you never had a good thing to say about him and now you act like he was great. bull. This is what you had to say about Wild when he was mod:

Ash147 wrote:It was an incredibly mild joke, as far as the internet goes. Ironically it was probably one of the tamer things I’ve said on this particular forum, but it got me banned.

I think that Wildey was simply in a bad mood, and decided to take it out on me at that moment in time.

I’m not suggesting I’m special, I just think that Wildey took his bad mood out on the first person he saw do something he didn’t like, which was me.

Ash147 wrote:Go buck your self, Wildey.

Ash147 wrote:You’re pretty unreasonable, to be fair. I think you could use a big dose of humility.

Postby Iranu

Homophobia is just a bit of fun.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Wildey might have banned me several times, but I accept why he did so, and I respect the guy. The same cannot be said for the remaining moderators.

You are a hypocrite. When Wild was still a mod you never had a good thing to say about him and now you act like he was great. bull. This is what you had to say about Wild when he was mod:

Ash147 wrote:It was an incredibly mild joke, as far as the internet goes. Ironically it was probably one of the tamer things I’ve said on this particular forum, but it got me banned.

I think that Wildey was simply in a bad mood, and decided to take it out on me at that moment in time.

I’m not suggesting I’m special, I just think that Wildey took his bad mood out on the first person he saw do something he didn’t like, which was me.

Ash147 wrote:You’re pretty unreasonable, to be fair. I think you could use a big dose of humility.

Those were things that I said in the heat of the moment. Upon reflection, I was clearly wrong.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:Homophobia is just a bit of fun.

I would suggest otherwise. If anyone is suffering from an irrational fear of homosexuals, they probably need help.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Those were things that I said in the heat of the moment. Upon reflection, I was clearly wrong.

You are just trying to say Andre and Dan aren't doing a good job, but with those quotes I have proven that you said Wild was not a good mod many times. You are a liar. Admit it. The proof is there for all to see. You said Wild banned you just because he was in a bad mood.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

You are just trying to say Andre and Dan aren't doing a good job, but with those quotes I have proven that you said Wild was not a good mod many times. You are a liar. Admit it. The proof is there for all to see. You said Wild banned you just because he was in a bad mood.

As I said in my previous post, those were things that I said in the heat of the moment. Admitting that I was wrong does not make me a liar, it means that I can reflect on past comments and change my mind.

One thing that Wild has never done is too try and find illegitimate reasons to have me banned. This is my worry with the remaining moderators.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:

I would suggest otherwise. If anyone is suffering from an irrational fear of homosexuals, they probably need help.

Homosexuals around the world get killed for their sexuality so I think homophobia is real. Just last week, two gay guys were beaten by a bunch of guys in the city I live in just because they were walking hand in hand. They ended up in the hospital. You should tell them homophobia doesn't exist. You know why they call it a phobia? Because the people who hate gays and use violence against them usually do it because they have these feelings themselves and they are affraid of accepting that and they fear that people will know their secret... If you don't have this fear, you have no problem at all with other peoples sexuality.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:One thing that Wild has never done is too try and find illegitimate reasons to have me banned. This is my worry with the remaining moderators.

So you are saying that in the heat of the moment you say things that are not correct and that you do not really believe. So basically we should never take anything you say serious because you're a liar. Okay, got it.

Ash147 wrote:I think that Wildey was simply in a bad mood, and decided to take it out on me at that moment in time.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Homosexuals around the world get killed for their sexuality so I think homophobia is real. Just last week, two gay guys were beaten by a bunch of guys in the city I live in just because they were walking hand in hand. They ended up in the hospital. You should tell them homophobia doesn't exist. You know why they call it a phobia? Because the people who hate gays and use violence against them usually do it because they have these feelings themselves and they are affraid of accepting that and they fear that people will know their secret... If you don't have this fear, you have no problem at all with other peoples sexuality.

I'm not sure why you are implying that I've suggested homophobia isn't real. Not only did I acknowledge the existence of homophobia in my previous post, but I even said that those people are not right in the head.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:One thing that Wild has never done is too try and find illegitimate reasons to have me banned. This is my worry with the remaining moderators.

So you are saying that in the heat of the moment you say things that are not correct and that you do not really believe. So basically we should never take anything you say serious because you're a liar. Okay, got it.

Ash147 wrote:I think that Wildey was simply in a bad mood, and decided to take it out on me at that moment in time.

No, and you know that's a stupid thing to say. Tensions were clearly high in those moments between myself and Wild, I dare say neither of us were acting at our best. To reflect upon something and have the ability to change your mind does not make you a liar, it makes you human.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
I'm not sure why you are implying that I've suggested homophobia isn't real. Not only did I acknowledge the existence of homophobia in my previous post, but I even said that those people are not right in the head.

Like I said, you are a liar.

Ash147 wrote:Homophobia is non existent, as far as I’ve seen. I’ve never met anyone who’s irrationally afraid of a gay person.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Ash147 wrote:Homophobia is non existent, as far as I’ve seen. I’ve never met anyone who’s irrationally afraid of a gay person.

If you read the full thread in which you have cherry picked that quote from, you will find that the conversation is about the specific definition of homophobia. The idea that people are irrationally afraid of homosexuals is different from those who harbour hatred and violence towards them. Homophobia exists, but the definition is flawed.

If you keep attempting to paint me as a liar, you're only going to end up with egg on your face.
Last edited by Ash147 on 03 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

If you read the full thread in which you have cherry picked that quote from, you will find that the conversation is about the specific definition of homophobia. The idea that people are irrationally afraid of homosexuals is different from those who harbour hatred and violence towards them. Homophobia exists, but the definition is flawed.

If you read my post above, it explains why it's called a phobia.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

If you read my post above, it explains why it's called a phobia.

The definition of a phobia is very different to the behaviour of those who show violence towards homosexuals.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:

As far as I was aware there was zero evidence that Jester was Ash.

Did it turn out that there was some proof then?

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

As far as I was aware there was zero evidence that Jester was Ash.

Did it turn out that there was some proof then?

This is the problem that I have with what Andre is saying here. It is very much a case of guilty until proven innocent, and I don't think that is an acceptable position for a moderator to hold.

You will find that no such proof will exist, and the moderators know this full well. It does not stop them from pushing their agenda though.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:If you keep attempting to paint me as a liar, you're only going to end up with egg on your face.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Well it would be very poor behaviour if there was no evidence I agree but I was just interested to find out what happened to that Jester character. I think he did get snake hissed off with people accusing him of being you to be fair.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well it would be very poor behaviour if there was no evidence I agree but I was just interested to find out what happened to that Jester character. I think he did get snake hissed off with people accusing him of being you to be fair.

Like I said yesterday, it does look like some of the sausage heads here may well have scared off a legitimate new poster. That's both funny and sad.