Post a reply

Welcome back Ash

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Just a few words to welcome back Ash.

Ash was banned for posting a score which proved to be correct slightly early. He also held opinions which differ from others (and in many ways from myself).

As far as I know he has served that ban and is now welcomed back here. I hope you have had a good Christmas Ash and all is well with you. I hope that in that in the spirit of Snooker Island others will join me in wishing Ash well.

Happy posting.

Re: Welcome back Ash

Postby Andre147

He is welcome, like any other poster here on the Forum.

However, if he starts being childish again with early scores and so on then he knows what's coming.

Postby Andre147

And he's already started on the wrong note, with the word "flowers", which as you know is a pejoritive term for being gay, and that we will never allow to stand on this Forum.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Just a few words to welcome back Ash.

Ash was banned for posting a score which proved to be correct slightly early. He also held opinions which differ from others (and in many ways from myself).

As far as I know he has served that ban and is now welcomed back here. I hope you have had a good Christmas Ash and all is well with you. I hope that in that in the spirit of Snooker Island others will join me in wishing Ash well.

Happy posting.

Thanks, BSP. Kind words as usual. :hatoff:

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:And he's already started on the wrong note, with the word "flowers", which as you know is a pejoritive term for being gay, and that we will never allow to stand on this Forum.

Please compile a list of banned words and put them in the forum rules. Otherwise mods like you can just decide which word they feel is bad on any given day.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And he's already started on the wrong note, with the word "flowers", which as you know is a pejoritive term for being gay, and that we will never allow to stand on this Forum.

Please compile a list of banned words and put them in the forum rules. Otherwise mods like you can just decide which word they feel is bad on any given day.

There's many words, it's impossible to name them all.

Any word that harms a minority like gay people will not be allowed on here. Hope this is clear.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Any word that harms a minority like gay people will not be allowed on here. Hope this is clear.

That's a very vague statement. So words that might offend someone of a minority persuasion are completely off limits? What about words that might offend those not in a minority, are those all good?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

That's a very vague statement. So words that might offend someone of a minority persuasion are completely off limits? What about words that might offend those not in a minority, are those all good?

You know very well that word you used is not acceptable.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

You know very well that word you used is not acceptable.

Why not? All I'm saying is that if there are going to be prohibited words on this site, then the users here should be made aware of what those words are, especially if using said words will bring about a ban.

Postby Ck147

rekoons wrote:Oh my God, here we go again.

I was just chuckling along to this thread and thought the same.

Welcome back Ash, did your new girlfriend get you anything snooker related for Christmas?

Postby Ash147

Ck147 wrote:

Welcome back Ash, did your new girlfriend get you anything snooker related for Christmas?

Cue extension.

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Cue extension.

Did she enjoy it?

Postby Ash147

Ck147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Cue extension.

Did she enjoy it?

There was no foul called, so I presume so.

Postby Ck147

I guess you went for the easy pink and not the tight brown then, well played sir.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:I guess you went for the easy pink and not the tight brown then, well played sir.

BUCKETS!!

pmsl

Postby Wildey

Happy posting.

No he was banned for being a tit nothing at all to do with score it was the fact he never listened which is actually different to the fact he posted early scores please get facts right

He got lucky he spend any time on here during the WC it was only my good nature that allowed him that

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:

Happy posting.

No he was banned for being a tit nothing at all to do with score it was the fact he never listened which is actually different to the fact he posted early scores please get facts right

He got lucky he spend any time on here during the WC it was only my good nature that allowed him that

Fair enough Wild - was just wishing him well on his return

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:

Happy posting.

Good post, Wild :hatoff:

Postby Ash147

I will never forget Wild's generosity in unbanning me for the World Championship. Top bloke. :hatoff:

Postby Sauce321

Happy posting.

What do you mean ?

Postby Wildey

Sauce321 wrote:

Happy posting.

What do you mean ?

A player was on a break of 50 and Ash said it was 1-1 meaning people would be confused when the player was 3-0 down

Postby McManusFan

Sauce321 wrote:

Happy posting.

What do you mean ?

He said someone had won a frame when it was still at the snookers required stage. In this instance the foul points weren't obtained but in previous cases they had. Posting false scorelines is against forum rules, and repeat offenders face a short ban (after a few warnings).

Postby Dan-cat

He did it repeatedly to wind up the Mods despite many warnings. To push us, for his own pleasure. A bit of sport for him. He's a troll. Plain and simple. And repeat trolls get banned.

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:He did it repeatedly to wind up the Mods despite many warnings. To push us, for his own pleasure. A bit of sport for him. He's a troll. Plain and simple. And repeat trolls get banned.

That wasn't the reason, but you certainly allowed yourself to get wound up by it. Perhaps if you smoked less of the wacky backy, you might be a bit less paranoid.