Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's Top 100 matches of the 2010s

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:Good stuff Pink.

Personally the 2018 world final was my favourite match by quite a distance, but the Ding-Selby semi was probably the best match overall.

Both matches show that you don’t need a decider for drama. And that you don’t need a flurry of misses for drama either.

I think the third session of Ding-Selby was the greatest session I’ve ever watched. It had everything, at a mind-blowingly high standard.

The only improvement would have been if Ding had won.

I honestly think he’d have destroyed Higgins in the final, too.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:Good stuff Pink.

Personally the 2018 world final was my favourite match by quite a distance, but the Ding-Selby semi was probably the best match overall.

Both matches show that you don’t need a decider for drama. And that you don’t need a flurry of misses for drama either.

I think the third session of Ding-Selby was the greatest session I’ve ever watched. It had everything, at a mind-blowingly high standard.

The only improvement would have been if Ding had won.

I honestly think he’d have destroyed Higgins in the final, too.

I agree. That semi-final was the greatest performance of his career — and he lost.

Postby McManusFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Where’s the 2018 China Championship final?

Nowhere bucking near the top 100 because it was rubbish.

I actually really enjoyed that match, although I'll conceed it shouldn't be in the top 100.

Postby Pink Ball

McManusFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Where’s the 2018 China Championship final?

Nowhere bucking near the top 100 because it was rubbish.

I actually really enjoyed that match, although I'll conceed it shouldn't be in the top 100.

Some people enjoy videotaped beheadings. To each their own.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:5. 2019 Tour Championship semi-final: Ronnie O’Sullivan 10-9 Judd Trump

This one is memorable for me - not just the brilliant match - I predicted this score line in the prediction competition, which I eventually won. Yay me.

bucking superb match

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:5. 2019 Tour Championship semi-final: Ronnie O’Sullivan 10-9 Judd Trump

This one is memorable for me - not just the brilliant match - I predicted this score line in the prediction competition, which I eventually won. Yay me.

bucking superb match

Interesting that it was so close, given that Ronnie made 3 centuries and Judd's highest break was only 69.

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:D4P with the killer stats. Judd lead 6-2 after the first session, I thought it was all over.

So many twists and turns at the end, including Judd's unforgettable miss on the match-ball yellow. He said that the loss hurt a lot but also motivated him to practice even harder, which perhaps contributed to his win at the WC.

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:I'm gonna watch it again right now.

Great idea. I watched it again a few months ago. I think I'll watch it again again some time over the next few months, while Ronnie's away from the game...