Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's Top 100 matches of the 2010s

Postby Ck147

I was going to argue that 6 and 5 need swapping, but putting recency bias and player bias aside I might find it hard to win that argument, both great and enjoyable matches. Good stuff Pink, thanks.

Postby Vallomas

Good choice for the #1, but it feels strange to me that the 2016 UK Championship Final didn't qualify for the top 100 of your list. I remember that it was a great match on every aspect.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Where’s the 2018 China Championship final?

Erm.

At number 2?

Erm

No it isn't

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Where’s the 2018 China Championship final?

Erm.

At number 2?

Erm

No it isn't

My bad.

I'm going blind.

No wonder Pinkball called it rubbish.

Postby Iranu

Good stuff Pink.

Personally the 2018 world final was my favourite match by quite a distance, but the Ding-Selby semi was probably the best match overall.

Both matches show that you don’t need a decider for drama. And that you don’t need a flurry of misses for drama either.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:Good stuff Pink.

Personally the 2018 world final was my favourite match by quite a distance, but the Ding-Selby semi was probably the best match overall.

Both matches show that you don’t need a decider for drama. And that you don’t need a flurry of misses for drama either.

I think the third session of Ding-Selby was the greatest session I’ve ever watched. It had everything, at a mind-blowingly high standard.