Post a reply

Re: Race to the Masters

Postby McManusFan

Cheers for that, rather enjoyable.

Hopefully Thepchaiya can have a deep run in the UK and make it. I'm slightly suprised Jack Lisowski is still there - it feels like ages since he's done much.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:Cheers for that, rather enjoyable.

Hopefully Thepchaiya can have a deep run in the UK and make it. I'm slightly suprised Jack Lisowski is still there - it feels like ages since he's done much.

He got to the China Open final in April. Not that long ago.

Postby Lemnas

He would need to make the final, which is an uphill task. But it looks rather likely that he will in the top 16 at the Crucible.

Postby Dan-cat

Lemnas wrote:

He would need to make the final, which is an uphill task. But it looks rather likely that he will in the top 16 at the Crucible.

A master of understatement.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Lemnas wrote:

A master of understatement.

Nothing is impossible if you dream it.

Postby The_Abbott

How far does Ding need to get in the UK tournament to stand a chance. I know he has a new baby but he is falling down the rankings at lightening speed at the moment.

Postby Alex0paul

The_Abbott wrote:How far does Ding need to get in the UK tournament to stand a chance. I know he has a new baby but he is falling down the rankings at lightening speed at the moment.

Ding is 15th so has some breathing room

Postby Juddernaut

I think Ding will make it, just. He'll probably need an easy draw at the Masters though. Someone like Gilbert or Lisowski would be his best chance.

Postby Lemnas

Juddernaut wrote:I think Ding will make it, just. He'll probably need an easy draw at the Masters though. Someone like Gilbert or Lisowski would be his best chance.

That won't happen because the top 8 play the bottom 8 in the first round.

Postby The_Abbott

Pink Ball wrote:Trump needs a good result this week.

Bond, Nigel Bond....

Postby Vallomas

So, the 4th round is over and that means that Ding and Maguire have confirmed their presence in Ally Pally.

Perry lies in the 16th place, but he is in danger to lose it in case:

1) Yan reaches the final of the UK Championship.
2) Either Liang or Stevens wins the UK Championship.

Postby Andre147

I think it's silly to have the cut off point for the Masters when there's actually still another ranking event after this, the Scottish Open.

Wouldn't it make sense to have it after the final ranker of the season? Also it would add a bit of drama into that event, which sometimes feels flat after such a big one as the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I think it's silly to have the cut off point for the Masters when there's actually still another ranking event after this, the Scottish Open.

Wouldn't it make sense to have it after the final ranker of the season? Also it would add a bit of drama into that event, which sometimes feels flat after such a big one as the UK.

I agree.

I suspect they do it so the draw for The Masters can on the BBC.

Postby Lemnas

Andre147 wrote:I think it's silly to have the cut off point for the Masters when there's actually still another ranking event after this, the Scottish Open.

+1
It is also unfair to Nigel Bond in particular, because his upcoming win at the UK will not be enough for the Masters now.

Postby Alex0paul

Lemnas wrote:

+1
It is also unfair to Nigel Bond in particular, because his upcoming win at the UK will not be enough for the Masters now.

He could win the UK and Scottish and still not have enough points for a Masters spot

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:So, the 4th round is over and that means that Ding and Maguire have confirmed their presence in Ally Pally.

Perry lies in the 16th place, but he is in danger to lose it in case:

1) Yan reaches the final of the UK Championship.
2) Either Liang or Stevens wins the UK Championship.

Really?

Oh that's cool.

I thought Ding was in more danger than he was, because he was 16th. I thought Maguire could still over take him. Glad that he's made it. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Will the BBC be doing The Masters draw on Sunday as usual?

Most likely

Postby TheSaviour

Gotta like it when Ding Junhui gets his deep runs going; he takes the game of snooker so dead-seriously. Gotta love that kind of attitude and ability. Anyone can tell it is always playing against a machine while playing against Junhui! Anyone can tell he plays like a machine; his every shot, particularly during a brake, is a close to a perfection if not a perfection! Just without any falr. But he doesn´t even require it all. Those little shots amongs the pink, particularly, are just perfection without any flair.

Both Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry, and also Ronnie O´Sullivan, have been witnessed to play against a machine. Stating that, there are sooooo many flaws regarding Ding Junhui´s attitude that it is a joke. He is at his very best, and then best there just is, while it is 0-0 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 5-5 6-6 7-7 8-8 or 9-9. While he trails a frame or a two against the top-dongs, he always begs it back with his relentless break-building efforts! That´s priceless! BUT his main problem is that while he leads against a lesser opponent with a frame or two, his attitude and playing morale succumbs. While he takes a tiny lead against Ronnie, Steve or Stephen, HE`S DEADLY!

There´s your joke this time. Without any joke in it. So where are we now? Scroll a down bit.....

So it must had been Nigel Bond then. Who else. Who could had tell Judd, Ronnie, Gary and Mark Selby bows out relatively so early??! Huh. Nigle having a lot´s of table-time and practice in order to be champion of the most unlikely scene ever so far witnessed... THE MASTER.

And there´s actually no any joke in it.

Relentless break-builder Ding Junhui. Was this something good now or not?

Can the people finally getting the joke of sporting a jacket or a shirt without doing anything?

Do I have a free ride. Is the out-spokenly actually just noticing that something is true and not false??? Is that what one can only do in order to "be out-spokenly"????

YES!!

You got it!

The last of the Summer wine. Macclesfield forest. From the Macclesfield forest up to the Old Nick. The last of the Summer wine. From Macclesfield forest up to the Old Nick lol.

But is it going to last now? Was the yesterday just yesterday, and all the colour of grey is now being punished away with a new talks?

HE`SSSSSSS ALIVE.......! Hear hear. Michael White ALMOST COMPLETELY closing away Mark Williams?? Mags also on the run???? Or Shaun Murphy and Joe Perry showing not that much of a run while playing against the false-machine. But against a bottling-machine, YES!! They got it!

Be prepared!!!
Last edited by TheSaviour on 07 Dec 2019, edited 2 times in total.