Topic locked

Bigger Difference

Postby Casey

Than just the amount of frames. The best players are more than capable of coming through these best of 5's. The main differences from the PTC's is that there is alot more money on the line, huge ranking points and obviously a one table set up in front of tv.

Take Stephen Hendry vs Bjorn Haneveer, Bjorn beat Stephen 4-2 in the last EPTC away from the TV cameras. Change the circumstances, but more pressure on and hendry turns that into a 3-0 win.

The only 'shock' so far is Shaun Murphy losing to Dave Harold, shock is a loose term here because Shaun has a poor recent record in best of 9's and he lost 3-0 so would have been in big trouble under that format anyway.

The players that play the best snooker will get to the final stages. Unlike other silly gimmicks like onefourseven and the shot clock this format will promote attacking snooker without being biased to certain players. It will not lower the standard of safety play so it will suit all players and fans.

I very much like this format, my only complaint is that all top 16 players should have had their match at the venue.

Re: Bigger Difference

Postby GJ

i like the format but 1 slight change would be going to best of 7's for the semi's ahead of the best of 9 final

Postby Bourne

I haven't really found anything to complain about yet, maybe the one gripe is the way this tournament started halfway through the 3rd round which is messy and confusing to the casual fans, and I agree with case they should have had all the top 16 guys in the arena.

Postby Wildey

what i will say the Feel of the EPTC1 where Bjorn beat Hendry was similar it had crowds it had atmosphere so i dont think that was the reason just that Hendry was more up for this.

and also the Pressure on Hendry was Greater here than it was in Germany.

Postby randam05

GJtheaussiestud wrote:i like the format but 1 slight change would be going to best of 7's for the semi's ahead of the best of 9 final

<ok> <ok> <ok>

Postby randam05

Unlike other silly gimmicks like onefourseven and the shot clock this format

What is onefourseven? I have heard of it but never looked into it.

Postby Roland

gimmick city arizona

Power Snooker has taken over where onefourseven left off.

Postby Bourne

Was it the one where music was being played at the same time and it was just score as many points as you can ?

Postby randam05

Oh dear that sounds bad..anyone got any footage of that? comedy purposes

Postby randam05

Black2white wrote:
randam05 wrote:Oh dear that sounds bad..anyone got any footage of that? comedy purposes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gioNe36-pnA
just a promo video ;)

Thankyou

Lol it seems strange..little bit of fun wouldnt mind watching that. Anyone know if it gets televised anywhere and when?

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:i like the format but 1 slight change would be going to best of 7's for the semi's ahead of the best of 9 final

agreed <ok>