Post a reply

Re: Mosconi Cup

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:I do think the game would be better without jump shots, but I don't think it makes a huge impact on the game as it stands.

Actually it does. You can escape most snookers by jumping the ball.

True, but they still require a level of skill to properly execute. They're by no means easy.

Jumping is not that hard, jumping and making the object ball is. But even if don't posses the skill to pot the object ball with a jump shot, you can still jump, hit the object ball and get lucky to send it in a safe position.

Postby Juddernaut

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:I do think the game would be better without jump shots, but I don't think it makes a huge impact on the game as it stands.

True, but they still require a level of skill to properly execute. They're by no means easy.

Jumping is not that hard, jumping and making the object ball is. But even if don't posses the skill to pot the object ball with a jump shot, you can still jump, hit the object ball and get lucky to send it in a safe position.

Luck is always going to be a factor with any shot you play, the jump shot is no different.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Been here for 9 weeks, in the Valencian mountains, writing a book :-) just passed today my target of 70,000 words, but it aint finished yet, need to trim some fat and write a bit more. I'm celebrating tonight though

That sounds nice.

Please don't take this as an insult, but what provides for your living there ?
I mean how do you get by if you don't work ?!
Did you get an advance for your book ?

Drug dealing.

Postby Dan-cat

Juddernaut wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Luck is always going to be a factor with any shot you play, the jump shot is no different.

This is rubbish. If you are in the balls and playing delicate soft stun and screw shots, hardly moving the white, where you no where the balls are gonna go - there is a lot less luck involved than the brute force of a jump shot.

Postby Juddernaut

Sorry, what I meant to type was luck is always a factor with any power shot you play. That might be a jump shot, or a long shot with deep screw.