Post a reply

Mosconi Cup

Postby Juddernaut

Any other nine-ball pool fans here who have been watching this? It's my second favourite thing to watch after Snooker. Come on team US!

Re: Mosconi Cup

Postby Juddernaut

Dan-cat wrote:Love 9 ball. Love to play it. I won tickets to see the mosconi cup a few years ago, Michaela was refereeing, ace fun

Good to hear. Who are you supporting?

Postby Dan-cat

Juddernaut wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Love 9 ball. Love to play it. I won tickets to see the mosconi cup a few years ago, Michaela was refereeing, ace fun

Good to hear. Who are you supporting?

Europe!

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:'Pool is for pussies who can't play snooker'

- Nelson Mandela

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:

- Nelson Mandela

Yes - thank you Iranu. The end of my post seems to have been lost.

Not my opinion of course.

Postby Juddernaut

I've no time for pool haters. Off with his head.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut wrote:

I've no time for pool haters. Off with his head.

<ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:Could never get into 9 ball pool.

You can't get into snooker either. You're a casual fan, you never play the game.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:I really don't like jump shots though.

Some top pool players/legends don't like them either. They say it takes away the edge more skilled players have at kicking the ball/escaping snookers.

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I really don't like jump shots though.

Some top pool players/legends don't like them either. They say it takes away the edge more skilled players have at kicking the ball/escaping snookers.

Yeah they are bullsh*t.

Postby Dan-cat

Someone played a jump shot against me last week in Spain in 8 ball, couldn't be fussed to tell him it wasn't on. I beat him 6 nil anyway.

Easy for Dano

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:Someone played a jump shot against me last week in Spain in 8 ball, couldn't be fussed to tell him it wasn't on. I beat him 6 nil anyway.

Easy for Dano

<ok>

Btw what are u doing in Spain ? Don't u live in London ?

Postby Juddernaut

I do think the game would be better without jump shots, but I don't think it makes a huge impact on the game as it stands.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Juddernaut wrote:I do think the game would be better without jump shots, but I don't think it makes a huge impact on the game as it stands.

Actually it does. You can escape most snookers by jumping the ball.

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Someone played a jump shot against me last week in Spain in 8 ball, couldn't be fussed to tell him it wasn't on. I beat him 6 nil anyway.

Easy for Dano

<ok>

Btw what are u doing in Spain ? Don't u live in London ?

Been here for 9 weeks, in the Valencian mountains, writing a book :-) just passed today my target of 70,000 words, but it aint finished yet, need to trim some fat and write a bit more. I'm celebrating tonight though

Postby Iranu

Aren’t jump shots a skill in themselves though?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Aren’t jump shots a skill in themselves though?

Yes and no. I takes a lot of practice to master them (meaning pocketing the object ball), but after a few lessons and a couple of weeks of practice any amateur can jump the ball. And if they get lucky they the object ball lands in a safe position.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:Been here for 9 weeks, in the Valencian mountains, writing a book :-) just passed today my target of 70,000 words, but it aint finished yet, need to trim some fat and write a bit more. I'm celebrating tonight though

That sounds nice.

Please don't take this as an insult, but what provides for your living there ?
I mean how do you get by if you don't work ?!
Did you get an advance for your book ?

Postby Juddernaut

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:I do think the game would be better without jump shots, but I don't think it makes a huge impact on the game as it stands.

Actually it does. You can escape most snookers by jumping the ball.

True, but they still require a level of skill to properly execute. They're by no means easy.