Post a reply

Re: Hendry speaks about Trump

Postby TheRocket

Hendry is right about what he says but I don't like the way he has a dig at Jimmy White. I remember he once also said Trump needs to be careful to not become a modern day Jimmy White.

He always mentions that Jimmy never won the World title and use him as a negative example for players like Trump and Ding and warns them that they need to be careful to not "end up like Jimmy".
Last edited by TheRocket on 28 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Hendry is right about what he says but I don't like the way he has a dig at Jimmy White. I remember he once also said Trump needs to be careful to not become a modern day Jimmy White.

He always mentions that Jimmy never won the World title and use him as a negative example for players like Trump or Ding and warns them that they need to be careful to not "end up like Jimmy".

Hendry is an arrogant hammer, but he always seems to get a pass unlike Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Hendry is a bit elitist. He always throws his toys out of his pram if he has to commentate on lower ranked players.

I think it's because he had a passion for winning, not for snooker. So doesn't see the point in playing if you're not a legitimate title contender.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Hendry is right about what he says but I don't like the way he has a dig at Jimmy White. I remember he once also said Trump needs to be careful to not become a modern day Jimmy White.

He always mentions that Jimmy never won the World title and use him as a negative example for players like Trump and Ding and warns them that they need to be careful to not "end up like Jimmy".

He’s right though.

Jimmy White is the ultimate cautionary tale for talented players who ‘should’ become world champion.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

He’s right though.

Jimmy White is the ultimate cautionary tale for talented players who ‘should’ become world champion.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

You kind of wonder if Jimmy would've won a World title if he'd have gone easier on the white stuff or the booze.

His choice to make though. Maybe a warning about prioritising practice over other stuff in life.

I don't think Jimmy would've done it any different if he did it a second time around.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:But what's his thoughts on Trump senior the guy running America?

Who cares?

Hendry does.