Post a reply

Re: Where will Judd go from here?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Only time will tell. Not that long ago Selby was the man to beat and look at him now... Form can come and go. On the other hand, Judd doesn't have much competition. The class of '92 is getting old, Selby is struggling and getting older as well and the young guys aren't really good enough. Ding is terrible these days... Robbo might be a challenge. Ronnie will probably beat him a couple of times as well, despite his age. Judd should dominate, but we'll see.

Postby Cloud Strife

Judd ought to dominate. Anything less would be a failure IMO. In the coming years his nearest challenger looks to be Kyren Wilson which just says it all really. Everyone else is getting on in years now.

Postby Juddernaut

He will go on to achieve more success. He is the best player in the world right now, and he's full of confidence. The way he went on to win in Northern Ireland after losing the CoC final was remarkable, I don't think any other player could have done that.

It would be amazing if he could go and win the UK next.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut wrote:He will go on to achieve more success. He is the best player in the world right now, and he's full of confidence. The way he went on to win in Northern Ireland after losing the CoC final was remarkable, I don't think any other player could have done that.

Not long ago Ronnie lost the CoC Final to Shaun Murphy, also a painful defeat.

He had to travel the world the next day to Shanghai, and what did he do? Won it, smashing his opponents, Higgins and Trump included. That was more impressive in my opinion. But what Trump did was also good.

Postby Juddernaut

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:He will go on to achieve more success. He is the best player in the world right now, and he's full of confidence. The way he went on to win in Northern Ireland after losing the CoC final was remarkable, I don't think any other player could have done that.

He had to travel the world the next day to Shanghai, and what did he do? Won it, smashing his opponents, Higgins and Trump included. That was more impressive in my opinion. But what Trump did was also good.

It was more the manner in which Trump lost the final. He should have won it 10-8, so to lose after Robertson needed a snooker would have hurt him badly. O'Sullivan got dominated by Murphy in their CoC final, so it was very different.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It was more the manner in which Trump lost the final. He should have won it 10-8, so to lose after Robertson needed a snooker would have hurt him badly. O'Sullivan got dominated by Murphy in their CoC final, so it was very different.

I wouldn't say losing 10-8 being dominated. He was one green away from forcing the decider.

It was a difficult loss too, and he dealt with it the best possible way by winning Shanghai, other side of the world.

Postby Juddernaut

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't say losing 10-8 being dominated. He was one green away from forcing the decider.

It was a difficult loss too, and he dealt with it the best possible way by winning Shanghai, other side of the world.

The scoreline was only close because Murphy took his foot off the gas. O'Sullivan wasn't playing great in that match, so the 10-8 score definitely flattered him.

Postby Juddernaut

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Where will Judd go from here?

I suspect he went home.

Why stay in Belfast after the tournament has finished?

Post-match celebrations?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I suspect he went home.

Post-match celebrations?

With John Higgins?

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I suspect he went home.

Post-match celebrations?

With John Higgins?

:clap:

Postby Juddernaut

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I suspect he went home.

Post-match celebrations?

With John Higgins?

Taxi for Higgins.