Post a reply

Re: Just wanted to say hello

Postby Juddernaut

Cloud Strife wrote:Hi Ash.

I keep seeing this. It's obviously some running joke within the community here. Can you explain it?

Postby Dan-cat

Juddernaut wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hi Ash.

I keep seeing this. It's obviously some running joke within the community here. Can you explain it?

The day before you joined we banned a user call Ash. He's been banned multiple times, we like him, he added a lot, but he keeps breaking the basic rules despite repeated warnings.

He was a Trump fan. So you understand our suspicions about you - your chosen username. Hence why I asked you where you were from.

I'm a mod on this forum, along with Wildey, Andre147 and Skullman (although he is rarely here these days.) I checked your IPs, and they didn't match any of Ash's, but he's the ind of guy that would easily use a VPN to hide his IPs. Also two days later we had a DDOS attack which has thankfully passed.

You joined at a funny time, and as long as you aren't Ash, Welcome. :-D Sorry for the bumpy start. This a fun place.

Postby Juddernaut

Thanks for the response, that explains a lot. For the sake of clarity I can confirm that I am not Ash. I do appreciate your initial suspicions though.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut wrote:Thanks for the response, that explains a lot. For the sake of clarity I can confirm that I am not Ash. I do appreciate your initial suspicions though.

Are you Ace?

Postby Juddernaut

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut wrote:Thanks for the response, that explains a lot. For the sake of clarity I can confirm that I am not Ash. I do appreciate your initial suspicions though.

Are you Ace?

Is that the same person as Ash?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Are you Ace?

Is that the same person as Ash?

Yes.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:If you are Ash, then you are doing a very studied characterisation of a reasonable poster. Oscar worthy. :-)

Reasonable poster? :gag:

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Juddernaut is a good poster IMO

He is yes. But our initial suspicious about him had fundamental background, like Dan explained above.

I'm happy it was just a coincidence, and may more people like him join this wonderful snooker community.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Juddernaut is a good poster IMO

He is yes. But our initial suspicious about him had fundamental background, like Dan explained above.

I'm happy it was just a coincidence, and may more people like him join this wonderful snooker community.

:hatoff:

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:Juddernaut is a terrible nickname.

Yes, he should have gone with Ace.

Or maybe... he already did.

:chin:

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:

He may have wanted to but probably found it was already taken.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He may have wanted to but probably found it was already taken.

... by himself.

The plot thickens.

Postby Juddernaut

Iranu wrote:

Funny you should say that, I almost decided to chose 'The Ace' as my username. Juddernaut felt right in the end.