Post a reply

Randam05's local league snooker results 2010/11 season.

Postby randam05

This is the thread where I will post my league results, breaks, reviews and singles tournament results each friday. My league starts thurs 16th sept.

My league consists of five frames, one played by each team member every thursday night and a sixth frame decided by aggregate points. There are two divisions... 13 teams in one and 14 teams in the other. Each player has a handicap that starts at 40 and changes throughout the seasons and at the end. Trophies are given at a large evening (at the end of the season) where there is a buffet and all results are announced and winners recieve prizes..every player attends and it is a great evening.

Two seasons ago(my first season) my team finished second in division and got promoted to division 1 for last season where we came 5th.

My handicap over the past two seasons has gone 40-30-15-12. Last season I won player of the year winning the most matches of both divisions and my highest break in the season was 47, the highest on my team. :ashamed:

Will keep you updated with results, tables, breaks, singles tournaments and my match reviews from here on in...

My league website is - http://beehive.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/d ... me&ID=3984

Cheers and look forward to hearing and joining in everyone elses,

Randam05

Re: Randam05's local league snooker results 2010/11 season.

Postby randam05

Had my match last night. This is how it went.

He got a 9 break fluked a red got 24 and fluked a safety. Safeties...then he got a 16 break fluked a red got 27. Then he fluked a snooker behind the green and later followed by a fluked snooker behind black. I got a little annoyed by this point and needed 3 snookers which went on to about 6 snookers, he did have a 18 headstart on me with handicap so the flukes didnt help. Then I thought just go for it and save the aggregate so managed to clear the tale with a 35 including two long pots which was good and made up for it.

Our team lost 4-2! Oh well better luck next week.

randam05

Postby randam05

Yup, I dont like being part of a team in nothing at all to be honest..Im not a teamy person, cant work well as a team, im also quite shy which doesnt help. I like getting myself up for the singles tournaments during the season. Snooker n Golf all the way. No teams.

Postby randam05

Lost tonight on the blue again..scrappy frame and to be honest im getting very annoyed with the way ive been playing for weeks now and just want to give the sport up, no matter how hard I try or try to change my game to get the perfect action and all, I spend so long trying to perfect and I still cant pot a bloody ball or put three balls together..why!?

I dont know what to do..help please? and now im not saying this cause ive had a bad night, its been like this for months now. I only get worst with more practice and work on my technique. I need to get a really good weeks practice in I think and sort my bloody self out!

Postby Roland

Sounds like you're putting pressure on yourself. Did you feel you could thrash your opponent if you played your proper game but it wasn't happening tonight? I lost plenty of league matches like that, putting pressure on myself.

A good tip I think is to watch the steady professionals like Ebdon and Song tonight and see how much consideration they take on playing the right shot. If you steady yourself and know exactly the shot you want to play and how to play it, and then do it, and then forget about that shot and start again on the next shot - that aids concentration and as the shots start to work out your natural speed will pick up and you'll become more confident.

If it's a technique thing, sorry can't help because I can't see but once you have a sound technique, snooker is 20% ability and 80% the mind.

Love the support from little sis by the way - well cute!

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Sounds like you're putting pressure on yourself. Did you feel you could thrash your opponent if you played your proper game but it wasn't happening tonight? I lost plenty of league matches like that, putting pressure on myself.

A good tip I think is to watch the steady professionals like Ebdon and Song tonight and see how much consideration they take on playing the right shot. If you steady yourself and know exactly the shot you want to play and how to play it, and then do it, and then forget about that shot and start again on the next shot - that aids concentration and as the shots start to work out your natural speed will pick up and you'll become more confident.

If it's a technique thing, sorry can't help because I can't see but once you have a sound technique, snooker is 20% ability and 80% the mind.

Love the support from little sis by the way - well cute!

Thanks for advice sonny, lack of match practice probably and personally I think its all in my mind. I have a poor mind not just towards snooker but everything really. A very shy ultra negative mind and it annoys me a lot.

You have made me feel a bit better about myself. Thanks for technique comment, although it looks good on camera I still think im putting unwanted side and i try so hard not too and it aint working. Im still talking to sickpotter about technique and I like to think its helping but I think im just going to play a little faster and play my natural game and put not pressure on myself as you say.

Haha I know how cute of her..didnt see it till I come home :) wish I read it before!

Postby randam05

YAY a win at last! Made hard work of it but he didnt have a chance and i made a few teen breaks so was always in control. I just couldnt get used to the speed of the table, just kept underhitting everything so had to take the points n run for safety most the time, but won by a comfortable 34 points. Our team drew 3-3 in the end.

http://beehive.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/d ... geID=85966

Our league table after week 2.

Postby randam05

Second win of the season, 2/4 for me. This week a much much clearer win. Good safety battle to begin, then I forced a bad one off him and I got a good 32 going into the pack, split perfect and was left an impossible cut to middle, so was unlucky! was hoping for a 50+ there. Then more safety after he made just 11, he left me in and I got 35, potted the black up to yellow and white came off middle knuckle and went in corner pocket, so unlcku again. But I played well and didnt give him a chance therefore won 86-32.

Our team won 5-1. So we have had a 4-2 loss, 4-2 win, 3-3 draw and a 5-1 win now.

http://beehive.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/d ... geID=85966 - League table after week3.

Postby randam05

Thursday night, third consecutive win, 3/5. And a third consecutive team win. 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss.

Played pretty solidly, nothing above a few teen breaks, but the balls were very awkward, so was happy to get a decent win, beating him by 58! He was playing awful.

Postby randam05

Only a friendly this week as we had a bye to the next round in the handicap cup, managed to win by 50 odd with a high break of 23. Keep you updated on next week, got one of the toughest teams so wish me luck!

Postby randam05

Played a very solid frame against a minus handicap player tonight, kept the pressure right on him with some, if i may say, top class safety. It was a beautiful table, playing very very fast. Managed to make a 20 break max, but won by a comfortable 41 points, winning is the main thing when playing as a team. Therefore, we won 4-2 against the top team, so we are going very well. Before tonights match we were joint second, so now im hoping we should be 2nd alone.

Postby randam05

Maui wrote:Quality Randam. How far off the top are you now?

sorry late reply..

we are 6 points off top in third place, but thats only cause the top team have played 5 and won 5! And we are just one point off second.

Postby randam05

Last night I won my frame..just. Good news and bad news

Went a good 40 points ahead, to only start playing awful and leave me lead at only 8, stayed at that till the yellow where we had a long safety battle and I had upper hand by getting him in snookers behind a pink and black nicely situated. Good news, I potted them off one by one till the blue and pink which won me the frame. Tough battle but glad to have won.

Bad news, we lost 5-1!

Nevermind will post where we are on table soon.

Postby randam05

Finally shown some decent form, travelled out a long way and after some dire performances from me and our team we needed to play well. A good opening frame from me with a 34 tops trying to hold black spot for a red but somehow the trumper ref managed to squeeze it on, should have been a 60/70 clearance the way they were.

Anyway after my win we lost the next two on black ball games!! but were still up on aggregate from mine, and the last player won quite nicely to squeeze a draw.