Post a reply

Re: John Higgins disgraces himself and the sport of snooker.

Postby hendry_fan

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR FROM JOHN!!!!!!!. :grrr: :wild: :td:

But in writing this,it,s clear that he was absolutely drunk as buck,have,nt we all said things,said something,done things,done something that was,were way out of line,especially when ones drunk,totally drunk!.

If this story is really true though,who knows what,s true these days,then aye,i,m very disappointed in John,he should stand up like a man and give a BIG apology and give that cabbie driver a BIG buckin tip!!!!!!.

If John gots Problems atm,and he,s gotten plastered cause of them,then i,m sorry for him,and i of course hope he gets em sorted out.

LAY OFF THE BUCKIN DRINK JOHN IF YA CANNY BUCKIN HANDLE IT!!!!!.

Sort yourself out!.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:He loves a drink. Remember last year when his face was all bruised and he broke a rib... some drunken escapade he alluded to in an interview.

Still, hardly crime of the century. Awful photo though!

He once got very drunk on a plane as well.

Postby TheSaviour

Hopefully he will be at his best against Mark Selby today,

Hasn´t seen any flaw in terms of how John Higgins currently plays, so he can afford things like these.

Selby has just a tiny flaws currently; it is all about does he get his superb safety-shots working or not. John doesn´t any issues like that, he just plays.

Yup, Mark Allen´s no more major threat, that can be wrote now! His game isn´t anymore there; just going for the century, only to perhaps making a one during a long match. So he´s an attacking player currently, my guess is that he tries to be similar as James Cahill. And Cahill is someone who´s attacking as hell currently, as he has no real knowledge of how to hide a cue ball, but he´s ability to clear the table is the best there just is!

And so did Robbo also bowed out. That happens every time after he wins something major.

Enjoyed watching how Mark Selby tamed Xu Si lol. Mark Selby tamed Xu Si. Selby at this best currently is by far the best there just is but his main worry (a flaw, yes!) is does he get those out of this planet-safety shots of his working or not.

An alcohol isn´t that much of an anything. It is just a few hours of imaginery-cloud creeping in, only to one to wake up feeling perfectly normal and realising it didn´t do anything, in terms of physics. Just an imaginery-cloud. I am not the right person to state that. But I do understand the people who just eat, eat and eat after finding a good spot to do so.

Not so sure why John Higgins drinks. It is just nothing. Yet everything. If fancing to find some answers.

Fancing to feel the touch..? Then feel it, don´t go other way around. Making it rough ain´t same as feeling the touch.

And so did Mark Allen bowed out as soon as meeting a player, as I perfectly knew would be the case. So sorry about writing that Judd Trump vs James Cahill would be like a World final. It was a tight match, but James´ safeties just ain´t there. He´s just attacking as hell, that lacking of safety-knowledges makes him a one. That´s never going to be good enough to reach the World´s final. His going down now, if anything. He looks much like Barry Pinches, surely a very likeable lad. But so sorry I wrote it like that; that it would be like a World´s final. Really glad Judd got better of him.

Ronnie vs Murphy tonight. Also a match without any worries. But will it be good enough to scare John Higgins and/or perhaps Mark Selby, if Selby´s gets it going?

Mark Allen isn´t any threat anymore. That´s the major news now. Greame Dott is just a weird, weird person currently. John shouldn´t be drinking just beacause of some reasoning or reasons of which just ain´t there. He should drink if he just must to.

But it is all about making no any further changes.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:Too bad there's no footage of drunk Higgins legging it. That would have been fun to see.

Hahaha yup.

What's he doing getting smashed before he has to play today? Makes me wonder how many times he's done this.

I can hardly talk. Getting accidentally smashed is something of a specialty of mine.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Lolz Cloudy. He got drunk and was an idiot.

In one respect, I'd be somewhat hypocritical of me to have to a go at people for going out getting drunk. I've done enough of it in my time, if I'm honest. And I can be quite lairy.

Saying that I do think that doing it the night before a quarter-final match in a ranking event is a bit unprofessional. Doesn't sound like he's taking the tournament seriously.

Kind of feel bad for the taxi drvier too, I mean it is his living. £5 isn't anything to somebody as rich as Higgins.

That sentence barely makes sense.

Must've had a few beers before I wrote it.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 15 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Lolz Cloudy. He got drunk and was an idiot.

In one respect, I'd be somewhat hypocritical of me to have to a go at people for going out getting drunk. I've done enough of it in my time, if I'm honest. And I can be quite lairy.

Saying that I do think that doing it the night before a quarter-final match in a ranking event is a bit unprofessional. Doesn't sound like he's taking the tournament seriously.

Kind of feel bad for the taxi drvier too, I mean it is his living. £5 isn't anything to somebody as rich as Higgins.

Reminds me of Stephen Maguire and some others as well who used to use the old PTC events abroad as a glorified holiday. Maybe it's a Scottish thing, as others have said. :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Reminds me of Stephen Maguire and some others as well who used to use the old PTC events abroad as a glorified holiday. Maybe it's a Scottish thing, as others have said. :shrug:

That is the national stereotype.

But let's be honest, it's not like the English are known to be pictures of sobriety either.

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:Allen got drunk at the Scottish last year. I don't think drinking during tournaments will ever stop, seems to be a Snooker thing.

I mean, I suppose it's only themselves that they're harming.

If he wants to harm his chances of going further in a tournament by getting a hangover, then that's his own decision. (Though it does his own family out of the extra prize money as well.) Nobody complained when Mark Williams spent the whole season on a pub crawl, did they?

It just seems such odd timing. Entering a tournament, then going out to all hours getting drunk.

If he's bothered enough to enter a tournament, why hinder your chances like that? He's won so much in the game, he could retire with his legacy intact. He could go out enjoying himself as much as he wants then.

Why enter tournaments that you aren't bothered about trying to win?

Postby Erza Scarlet

SnookerFan wrote:I mean, I suppose it's only themselves that they're harming.

If he wants to harm his chances of going further in a tournament, then that's his own stupidity. (Though it does his own family out of the extra prize money as well.)

It just seems such an odd thing to do. If he's bothered enough to enter a tournament, why hinder your chances like that? He's won so much in the game, he could retire with his legacy intact. Why enter tournaments that you aren't bothered about trying to win?

Even though I love Snooker I always thought Snooker had less "professionalism" in terms of alcohol, smoking, and drugs compared to other sports. I know people say well it's not a fitness, physical based game so it's ok the players can do whatever they want but still sometimes I get the sense that drinking in this game is revered.

Postby mantorok

Out on the lash? Nothing wrong with that
Falling asleep in the cab? Again not the first person
Refusing to pay a fiver? rofl

If that's true the guy is a frigging tight-arse, and that's the real issue here!

Not to mention the cab-driver running to the press over a fiver, in the time he spent chasing the bucking money he could've done a couple of jobs.

Just more Daily Record drivel..