Post a reply

HEARN SPELLS OUT ZERO TOLERANCE MESSAGE

Postby footygirl

BARRY Hearn today spelled out that there would be zero tolerance within the sport in the wake of the John Higgins episode.

Joined in a press conference by former Chief Superintendant David Douglas, who has recently been co-opted on to the board to oversee disciplinary matters and Lord John Stevens, Chairman of Quest, Hearn outlined the steps that had been taken to totally eradicate gambling in the game, with the installation of an integrity unit.

The unit will be geared towards improving intelligence, investigating allegations, and prevention. This will entail a number of education programmes for the younger players coming into the game. And former world champion John Higgins will be involved within this process on his return to the game.

As of today there is now a blanket ban on any form of gambling or betting on matches for players. Should anyone be found guilty of breaching those rules then the penalty will be a lifetime ban.
Should anyone have any suspicions of anything irregular then they will have the facility of informing the authorities with a confidential email or telephone system.

Any complaint will received a full and thorough investigation and any charges will based upon what the evidence shows.

And in a stark warning Hearn stated that "Should anyone breach those rules then the punishment will be draconian"

Suzy Jardine - Glasgow
Last edited by footygirl on 20 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HEARN SPELLS OUT ZERO TOLERANCE MESSAGE

Postby Roland

Do does this mean a players dad or uncle for example can't place a bet on his son or nephew to win a match or tournament? And if he does then the player will be kicked out the game for life? Surely not.

"Carter lives over the road for me, I saw him practicing and he looked good so I had a tenner on him to win" BANG! Life ban for the Captain!

:huh:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Player's representatives aren't allowed to place a bet. How can they enforce that?

They cant that Easy however if they cought they screwed.

Postby Roland

So when the bloke saw Mark Williams play as a kid and put a bet on him to win the Worlds by the year 2000 and cashed in big time when he did, then Williams should have been banned for life?

There has to be a clear line. You can't stop family members or friends from wanting to place bets on their loved ones, it's ridiculous.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So when the bloke saw Mark Williams play as a kid and put a bet on him to win the Worlds by the year 2000 and cashed in big time when he did, then Williams should have been banned for life?

There has to be a clear line. You can't stop family members or friends from wanting to place bets on their loved ones, it's ridiculous.

there will be a investigation.

but something needed to be done and in 1000% behind this..

Postby Roland

As mentioned to Suzy I was trying to get a bit of debate going although now the top post has been edited so it makes more sense. :santa:

Postby Wildey

It will be extreamly tough to police but it needed doing and i get a feeling some stings will also be used to test players.

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:P.....R

no case this is much more than that players will be spied on players better be wary round every corner.

this is more than some guy sitting in a office waiting for the fone to go with someone reporting a incident.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

footygirl wrote:

The unit will be geared towards improving intelligence, investigating allegations, and prevention. This will entail a number of education programmes for the younger players coming into the game. And former world champion John Higgins will be involved within this process on his return to the game.

I take it Higgins will be handing out photos of Mazher Mahmood and telling everyone " If this guy says he's a Russian businessman don't believe him " ;)