Topic locked

Ronnie's 147

Postby Rocket_ron

use this thread to discuss ronnies 147 or rather non 147 because if he shook marks hand before potting the black then it shouldn't count.

however to spot out a 147 after the first red is pure brilliance

Re: Ronnie's 147

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:use this thread to discuss ronnies 147 or rather non 147 because if he shook marks hand before potting the black then it shouldn't count.

however to spot out a 147 after the first red is pure brilliance

Not sure yet if it will be counted :huh2: He took them well, no balls on the rail or anything but you still have to pot them.

Postby Rocket_ron

i think asking for the break prize was to prove a point that barry hearn has got rid of the prize. ronnie knew and he wanted everyone else to know as well, it was very sly

Postby Roland

Of course it will count. I still need to see it, but if there was no interference between the pink being potted and the black, and it was the same player and there was no foul then yes, it's a 147.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Of course it will count. I still need to see it, but if there was no interference between the pink being potted and the black, and it was the same player and there was no foul then yes, it's a 147.

but if he has shaken hands with MAK then its end of match, im sure they shook hands before the black

Postby Roland

I don't anyone who keeps stats and knows Hendry and Ronnie are on 9-9 would deny this counts as 10-9 to Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

The first bucking frame of the week I miss. :wild2:

I was watching it in the pub, half way through the second frame some blokes wanted to get the cricket on, so I jump in a cab, get home and miss it. <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

rocket_ron wrote:
Sonny wrote:Of course it will count. I still need to see it, but if there was no interference between the pink being potted and the black, and it was the same player and there was no foul then yes, it's a 147.

but if he has shaken hands with MAK then its end of match, im sure they shook hands before the black

Just re-watched it had it on Sky+ and they defo shook hands before the black potted. it should be 140

Postby SnookerFan

Why would he shake hands when he could get a 147? bucking hell Ronnie. <doh>

Postby Casey

I think in the cold light of day Ronnie will be glad Jan told him to pot the black, imgaine the stick he would have got had he walked away at 140

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:Why would he shake hands when he could get a 147? intercoursing hell Ronnie. <doh>

because he didn't want a 147 because there is no prize so he was gonna not pot the black to prove a point that its not worth it

Postby Noel

There is rule about the significance of "shaking hands" ?
Who knew! Please quote.

=o)

Noel

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Why would he shake hands when he could get a 147? intercoursing hell Ronnie. <doh>

because he didn't want a 147 because there is no prize so he was gonna not pot the black to prove a point that its not worth it

You must be joking? He thinks it isn't worth getting a 147 if there's no monetary value? Please, Please tell me that isn't the case.

Postby Roland

I just saw it, it's on the BBC player although I watched it without sound. The first 3 minutes are pure theater, Ronnie looking around waiting for an answer, King in his seat think "WTF? He's only on 8" and then an amazing clearance all blacks. Phenomenal.

Postby paperbackwriter

Uff, came home just in time to watch the match, I'd feel stupid if I missed this for no reason at all.

Cool show from Ronnie, nothing like making a 147 even more entertaining.

Postby Monique

Yes Noel ... I think this is the key statement "I want Barry Hearn to put more money in the game, not take it out ... " and I mean it, I think it is a statement. Ronnie supports Barry overall but that won't stop him to express his views when he isn't in agreement with him. He's never made a mystery that the money was important to him, at least as much as a measure of his "marketing value" as for the use he has of it.
The personal satisfaction would have been there anyway: he had perfect position on that black. Glad Jan persuaded him to pot it though!

Postby Noel

Monique wrote:Yes Noel ... I think this is the key statement "I want Barry Hearn to put more money in the game, not take it out ... " and I mean it, I think it is a statement. Ronnie supports Barry overall but that won't stop him to express his views when he isn't in agreement with him. He's never made a mystery that the money was important to him, at least as much as a measure of his "marketing value" as for the use he has of it.
The personal satisfaction would have been there anyway: he had perfect position on that black. Glad Jan persuaded him to pot it though!

Ron's "147" is a four-letter word.
"I don't care if you love me or hate me I just want to be paid".

Brilliant.

LOL

=o)

Noel

Postby Monique

Jan Verhaas on twitter:
Just to clear the air, the ref's in charge and decides when a match is finished. The 147 stands.

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:Jan Verhaas on twitter:
Just to clear the air, the ref's in charge and decides when a match is finished. The 147 stands.

good man Jan, well done ronnie for getting your 10th max

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I don't anyone who keeps stats and knows Hendry and Ronnie are on 9-9 would deny this counts as 10-9 to Ronnie.

Its a defo 147......no doubt whatsoever. Pure theatre, start to finish. Pure drama. :wave:

Postby The Cueist

Ron has a lot to thank Jan for on this ocassion.Well done Jan,It is for the greater good. :D <ok>

Postby Smart

And that is now 3 x 147s in final frames of matches (or are there more):

vs MJW (in 2008 WC)
vs Selby (in UK Champs)
vs MAK (in World Open)

Please add to this list if I have missed any, stats are not my thang. :wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:And that is now 3 x 147s in final frames of matches (or are there more):

vs MJW (in 2008 WC)
vs Selby (in UK Champs)
vs MAK (in World Open)

Smart Stat :limp:

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:And that is now 3 x 147s in final frames of matches (or are there more):

vs MJW (in 2008 WC)
vs Selby (in UK Champs)
vs MAK (in World Open)

Smart StatTM :limp:

<ok>

Postby Monique

and more of Jan on twitter
Ronnie in media; ' I only potted the black cause the ref put me on a guilt trip'. Haha brilliant!

rofl

Postby Sickpotter

Brilliant stuff to make the max but I have to disagree with ROS's method of telling Barry he's not happy there's no prize money for it.

Not the classiest move for sure but pure Ronnie and entertaining for some.

I may be mistaken but I thought shaking your opponents hand meant you've acknowledged the match is over but perhaps it's unscrewing the cue or both.... can anyone elaborate? :huh:

Postby Monique

That's the answer ... from the ref.

Postby vinot

I watched it an hour ago and have only one thing to say: Absolutely brilliant. Most entertaining frame I've seen in a couple of years at least. :D

Call him what you want, but Ronnie is snookers greatest entertainer!! :bowdown: