Topic locked

12bet.com World Open Last 32 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 18th of September~Sunday 26th of September

The World Open is a new format for a World Ranking event with best of 5 frame matches and a best of 9 frame final with a Random Draw throughout .

Today sees the start of the last 32 with 1 extra Last 64 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark King Thrown in

There is no draw for this event but here is the Format of Play

When Draws will be taking place

Last 16 random draw will take place live at 7pm on Wednesday 22 September
quarter finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Friday 24 September,
semi finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Saturday 25 September.

Monday September 20

12.30pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark King
Matthew Stevens v Alan McManus
Joe Jogia v Liu Song

7pm

Jamie Cope v Dave Harold
Mike Dunn v Marcus Campbel

Tuesday September 21

1pm

Ali Carter v Mark Williams
Jimmy Michie v Ding Junhui
Stephen Lee v Nigel Bond

7pm

Stephen Hendry v Mark Davis
Peter Ebdon v Fergal O'Brien

Wednesday September 22

12.30pm

Neil Robertson v David Morris
Ken Doherty v Barry Hawkins
James McBain v Ricky Walden

7pm

Judd Trump v Stephen Maguire
Martin Gould v Matthew Couch

Thursday September 23

12.30pm

Jimmy White v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Marco Fu v Andrew Higginson
Last 16 match

7pm

Last 16 match
Last 16 match

Friday September 24

12.30pm

Last 16 match
Last 16 match
Last 16 match

7pm

Last 16 match
Last 16 match

Saturday September 25

1pm

Quarter-final
Quarter-final

7pm

Quarter-final
Quarter-final

Sunday September 26

2pm

Semi-final
Semi-final

8pm

Final

Re: 12bet.com World Open Last 32 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I just read your feedback from today witz. I got the Rob Walker fella stand in from the off. At least it makes Rob Walker stand out. Rob Walker was doing something else today, Hazel mentioned it, but it was that glamerous it escapes me. <laugh>

So....you got in, how did you find the match's when you got in? You missed the best motd btw. McBride might be having a couple of quid on the Barry Hawkins fella.

Anyway, ignore me, tell me more if you have time. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Jimmy last won on TV at the Wildcard round in last seasons Shanghai........

anyway heres my take on today, just made it back home left at 1-1 in the Selby match - not surprised to hear he lost in the end.

4 BIGGEST JOKES OF THE DAY

1- The guy on the MC

where the hell is Walker? This guys "patter" is terrible, cringeworthy. Yous want to see him before the intros when hes warming the crowd up. Camper than a row of tents he is and hes out of his depth.

2- The arena set up

No bookies set up (thought 12 bet would have some sort of represntation there?)

No cuezone / table

Useless SECC staff in charge instead of WPSBA folk on the door so the muppets wouldnt let about 50 of us into the White game at 6.55pm cos they said the players were just about to come out. I was going mad arguing to get them to let us in as there was lots of noise made anyway then so people entering the arena was hardly an issue but they said wed get in after the entrances.

So shock horror the muppets let us in then they suddenly twig...."what happens after the players entrances?? Oh rubbish, yeh they start playing dont they?" So they come running after us all and preventing us from going up the stairs to take our seats. Pathetic. Shows the lack of knowledge of how a snooker event is run yet these muppets are left in charge.

3 - The Welsh Fan

Same old silly stories about Williams, Selbys wife, Jimmy Michie etc from him. He truly is a nerd. And Stalin, yeh he was up to his old trick of just rambling on non stop even though we gave up listening haha

4 - Eirian Williams not spotting the free ball, doh!! i was so close to shouting out at that point to alert Bjorn to it. He was a top guy, we had a good chat to him beforehand, according to the Welsh guy he is cocky and arrogant, but he seemed ok to me, maybe not lacking in confidence (just a pity he didnt take that to the table with him, a couple of shocking misses he had)

Walker was at the Great North Run

Eirian Williams made my day i bet you was choking over your boo :clap: rofl

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Jimmy last won on TV at the Wildcard round in last seasons Shanghai........

anyway heres my take on today, just made it back home left at 1-1 in the Selby match - not surprised to hear he lost in the end.

4 BIGGEST JOKES OF THE DAY

1- The guy on the MC

where the hell is Walker? This guys "patter" is terrible, cringeworthy. Yous want to see him before the intros when hes warming the crowd up. Camper than a row of tents he is and hes out of his depth.

2- The arena set up

No bookies set up (thought 12 bet would have some sort of represntation there?)

No cuezone / table

Useless SECC staff in charge instead of WPSBA folk on the door so the muppets wouldnt let about 50 of us into the White game at 6.55pm cos they said the players were just about to come out. I was going mad arguing to get them to let us in as there was lots of noise made anyway then so people entering the arena was hardly an issue but they said wed get in after the entrances.

So shock horror the muppets let us in then they suddenly twig...."what happens after the players entrances?? Oh rubbish, yeh they start playing dont they?" So they come running after us all and preventing us from going up the stairs to take our seats. Pathetic. Shows the lack of knowledge of how a snooker event is run yet these muppets are left in charge.

3 - The Welsh Fan

Same old silly stories about Williams, Selbys wife, Jimmy Michie etc from him. He truly is a nerd. And Stalin, yeh he was up to his old trick of just rambling on non stop even though we gave up listening haha

4 - Eirian Williams not spotting the free ball, doh!! i was so close to shouting out at that point to alert Bjorn to it. He was a top guy, we had a good chat to him beforehand, according to the Welsh guy he is cocky and arrogant, but he seemed ok to me, maybe not lacking in confidence (just a pity he didnt take that to the table with him, a couple of shocking misses he had)

Walker was at the Great North Run

Eirian Williams made my day i bet you was choking over your boo :clap: rofl

I have to say, I've had experience of venue staff, rather then World Snooker staff being on doors. They are a pain in the bottom, as they have no knowledge at all. I went to Mark Williams vs R0ry McLeod, but my mate had to drop her kid off somewhere first, so we were a bit late, arriving halfway through the first frame. The person on door refused to let a lot of people in on the break between frames in case it interrupted play. <doh>

Yeah, and the Rob Walker guy was crap. "Give it up for Jimmy White. Come on Glasgow." rofl

Postby Wildey

what i have found with venue staff they Have a atetute where they want to show some authority and they resent World Snooker Staff on their patch.

Postby Witz78

Yeh yous r rite about the venue staff being on a power trip.
Absolutely clueless.
Didnt anyone hear my CMON BJORN shouts whenever Hendry missed?
Poor crowds, even for the Jimmy match it was half empty. The stands are only 6 rows deep too so the capacity cant even be that big. Whats the youtube link, logged on my phone so cant access it at the mo

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Yeh yous r rite about the venue staff being on a power trip.
Absolutely clueless.
Poor crowds, even for the Jimmy match it was half empty. The stands are only 6 rows deep too so the capacity cant even be that big. Whats the youtube link, logged on my phone so cant access it at the mo

as Dave Hendon said it was like that during the 80s its not a Big deal Snooker is a TV Sport more than no other but there are things that needs doing at venues to make it more of a ocation.

there's no doubt going to venues is cool great im hoping i go this season probably sheffield but you do see more on the couch with a can of lager.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Yeh yous r rite about the venue staff being on a power trip.
Absolutely clueless.

I heard one of the "Come on Bjorn" shouts - definitely you, no question. Think I spotted you at one point, cant be sure. Who are the 2 identical ladies on the front row, with the glasses on....... :chin:

Postby The Cueist

Crucible is the one to go to,Back row in the centre,You can watch both matches fairly unobstructed.

Roll on April as i will spend the first week there.

And with this new rolling rankings system new players will emerge,This tournament is the starting of the changing of the guard,Selby im sure will be the new world champion and dominator of the sport for yhe next few years.

His game has gone up a notch in my opinion,Ros and JH are on the way out. :wave:

Postby Casey

What a royal buck up in this schedule :grrr: <doh>

Look at some of the night matches compared to the daytime. <doh> More people can go to the venue at night and more people watch on TV at night

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:What a royal buck up in this schedule :grrr: <doh>

Look at some of the night matches compared to the daytime. <doh> More people can go to the venue at night and more people watch on TV at night

but they have hours of live tv in the affo and red buttonj die hard at night..

i agree they look at things from wrong angle..... <doh>

Postby Witz78

Far more should be done to make going to snooker an occassion though. Empty seats send out bad vibes about the the sport as a whole. Every venue set up should be as similar to the crucible as possible. Bar and bookies set up essential to attract the traditional hardcore fans back to the sport. Allowing alcohol into the arena would make a massive impact i think, ok im not asking 4 loud rowdy darts style crowds but whats the harm in generating a bit of atmosphere?
If events are half empty then the WPBSA are losing a fortune on the arenas for starters. If the sport is thriving the demand should almost outweigh the capacity.
Theres still nothing better than being at the arena, watching on tv with your home comforts is good too but to saviour that atmosphere up close cant be rivalled.

Postby The Cueist

Agreed <ok>

Maybe they could offer Ticket,Hotel ,Travel deals for us fans.

Sureley could organize better deals than we all get,The travel and accomadation costs are crippling before we buy tickets to watch snooker,And you have to eat and drink at a reasonable cost of 20 quid a day.

In these cash strapped times i will admit i find live snooker hard to fund at the moment,So i admit it,It costs a bomb to watch live snooker.

Who else would agree or disagree. :stir: