Post a reply

Would you want to see Reanne in more tournaments?

Postby SnookerFan

Would you enjoy seeing Reanne Evanas / other female players appearing at other tournaments?

It felt like a special event her being at the CoC, even if the match itself wasn't the best. (I did start thinking she'd win at 3-3 though.)

I mean, I'm not saying the ladies should be given Wild Cards to ranking events per se. Unless maybe to the first stages of qualifying for The Crucible. But maybe at invitationals like The Shanghai Masters etc.

More exposure on mainstream telly would certainly help promote the women's game, and get more women interested.

Re: Would you want to see Reanne in more tournaments?

Postby Iranu

Not at the Shanghai Masters or anything like that because they’re based on rankings. But the CoC made perfect sense.

I’d like to see more women on the tour though, so all of the pressure/burden isn’t on Reanne. It can’t have helped her.

Wildcards to the WC are a good idea. World Champions already get lifetime wildcards to the WC so maybe this should go for women’s World Champions as well?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Not at the Shanghai Masters or anything like that because they’re based on rankings. But the CoC made perfect sense.

I’d like to see more women on the tour though, so all of the pressure/burden isn’t on Reanne. It can’t have helped her.

Wildcards to the WC are a good idea. World Champions already get lifetime wildcards to the WC so maybe this should go for women’s World Champions as well?

Yeah, I don't mind that so much. But then Reanne and Ng On-yee enter those anyway.

Point taken about the Champion of Champions. Same with The Masters really. Shame they don't do Wildcards at The Masters, really.

Just might be nice to see a few of them on television again really.

Postby HustleKing

Yeah, it would be interesting but I never can agree to quotas like BSP suggested. They should also be initially drafted into the lesser events like SF said, and we can reassess from there if they have the potential to compete in longer and more prestigious events

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:She should get seeded straight through to the Crucible final, with Ronnie.

He might actually win one then

What would the first 15 days of the tournament be?

Or would they make final best of 1,213?

Replays of the 1985 final.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Would you enjoy seeing Reanne Evanas / other female players appearing at other tournaments?

It felt like a special event her being at the CoC, even if the match itself wasn't the best. (I did start thinking she'd win at 3-3 though.)

I mean, I'm not saying the ladies should be given Wild Cards to ranking events per se. Unless maybe to the first stages of qualifying for The Crucible. But maybe at invitationals like The Shanghai Masters etc.

More exposure on mainstream telly would certainly help promote the women's game, and get more women interested.

Who's Evanas?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Would you enjoy seeing Reanne Evanas / other female players appearing at other tournaments?

Who's Evanas?

The famous Mexican player.

Postby Cloud Strife

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Reanne, and other women, get tour wildcards like Jimmy has gotten over the years. Give her and others a chance to earn their into events if they are good enough.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Reanne, and other women, get tour wildcards like Jimmy has gotten over the years. Give her and others a chance to earn their into events if they are good enough.

I'm not totally convinced by that.

I always think tour wildcards are a bit off whoever receives them.

Though I guess, the flipside to that is if Jimmy can get one, why shouldn't anybody else? rofl

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Reanne, and other women, get tour wildcards like Jimmy has gotten over the years. Give her and others a chance to earn their into events if they are good enough.

Though I guess, the flipside to that is if Jimmy can get one, why shouldn't anybody else? rofl

I know what you mean. I think the difference is that giving wildcards to female players would be far more beneficial to the future of the game than giving them to Jimmy, Wattana etc.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I know what you mean. I think the difference is that giving wildcards to female players would be far more beneficial to the future of the game than giving them to Jimmy, Wattana etc.

Yeah, I mean I guess it depends on who you give them too.

If it's somebody who would benefit from them, or for whom the game would benefit I could see the point to them. (Like, for example, a guy from a country with no snooker infrastructure, who would struggle to get onto the tour in more traditional ways.)

I disagree with them more when they're popularity votes like Jimmy.

Postby Wildey

Ive said it many times i think the Womans tour is detrimental to Reanne progressing in to the player i think she could be.

She plays on the womans tour and with due respect its a bit like Ronnie entering a local league you might encounter the Odd decent player but nothing special.

Reanne isnt pushed enough to tighten her over all game that when she comes up against even lower rank players she is found wanting.

if i was her manager id have forgotten about the Womans Tour about 6 years ago and let her enter all the mens tournament amataur wise and by now she would have been a better player all round.