Post a reply

Reanne Evans in the Champion Of Champions?

Postby SnookerFan

Am I the only the only one who thinks that Hearn has slightly missed a trick with the Champion Of Champions?

The matches haven't been announced yet. Granted, we still have one space to fill the World Open being played, but we may not know who gets that until Sunday. No reason we can't have the order of play announced already, and have one match with TBA as the opponent.

With Reanne playing, surely that'll create some interest in the tournament. Snooker is a sport that struggles to get column inches in the papers unless Ronnie says something stupid, but surely a female entering a men's tournament will publicise it a bit, without Hearn having to put in too much effort.

I know that the women's game isn't as developed as the men's or as strong as the men's and that there's a fairly decent chance that Reanne will lose heavily. But even so, you'd think announcing the matches now would get the tournament some publicity the week before it started.

Re: Reanne Evans in the Champion Of Champions?

Postby Iranu

I don’t think they can confirm the order of play until they know who’s in the final.

Considering the travel time, you can’t have players in the World Open final on Sunday and then playing on Monday in the CoC.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:I don’t think they can confirm the order of play until they know who’s in the final.

Considering the travel time, you can’t have players in the World Open final on Sunday and then playing on Monday in the CoC.

yea that Would be a CoC up the one thing id say wouldn't it make more sense having the CoC after the English Open or Northern Ireland open instead of china ffs poor scheduling this is.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:I don’t think they can confirm the order of play until they know who’s in the final.

yea that Would be a CoC up the one thing id say wouldn't it make more sense having the CoC after the English Open or Northern Ireland open instead of china ffs poor scheduling this is.

Well it depends on the availability of venues I guess. The CoC’s been at the Ricoh since its inception hasn’t it? And by all accounts it’s a great venue so I don’t suppose World Snooker would want to move if the Ricoh wasn’t available after the English.

I don’t think it's big deal really but as you say it’s not ideal.

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:

Well if they had the English Open of NI Open directly after Yushan, the travelling problem would be even worse. The CoC draw at least means that some players don't need to play their first match until Thursday.

Postby TheSaviour

She has announced she would like to play against Ronnie O´Sullivan.

But perhaps now she should fancy to play against the instant one miraclious safety shot-player called Mark Selby

Could be a cracking match as Reanne seemingly reckons the safety and the mental tactics are her strong point also. It is just Mark Selby isn´t just leaving the cue ball amongs the reds with just instincts as many people now seems to be thinking. They also seems to be thinking that Mark Selby is a master of opening the pack from the black. The second one they got right.

Currently it would be 0-6 or what the format ever would be. But it doesn´t that much matter. From Ronnie she could steal more points than from Mark Selby.

But seriously, I would really like to see her play against Dominic Dale lol. Could be an even match with some clever safeties (not the current Selby or even Ronnie-standards), but decent enough playing, for sure. And Reanne could well also win that match against Dominic Dale lol.

Good old Dominic Dale lol. Just when I thought there couldn´t be any more faster way to completely to overdo and to mess the cue ball positioning during the seemingly easy 50 breaks, Dominic Dale steps up lol. And not only doing that but somehow getting better of Ronnie O´Sullivan also.

Dominic Dale is not just funny while playing (for the obvious reason) but also highly efficient safety-player as well as highly entertaining!

That´s something Reanne could also be.

So, finally a day1 nominated then? From where we all just could go on without any new nominations. Then also I could be interested. Everyone admitting at least something. But once agains, that day 1 nomination should had been years ago. A bit too late, sorry.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Great to see Reanne finally making it at the big stages. On one hand I do want her wish to come true and play Ronnie since she said it'd be the best atmosphere due to the crowds he brings but on the other I dread a whitewash, unless Ronnie "misses" a few balls but that will look so suspect lol

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:There's a potential Reanne vs Jimmy White match up now. As I think Stephen Maguire has a broken ankle.

Do we think Reanne has a realistic chance of beating Jimmy?

Everyone has a realistic chance of beating Jimmy.

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:Great to see Reanne finally making it at the big stages. On one hand I do want her wish to come true and play Ronnie since she said it'd be the best atmosphere due to the crowds he brings but on the other I dread a whitewash, unless Ronnie "misses" a few balls but that will look so suspect lol

Yeah. If Reanne plays Ronnie, he thrashes her.

Jimmy would be better. A winnable match, still great atmosphere.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 30 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:There's a potential Reanne vs Jimmy White match up now. As I think Stephen Maguire has a broken ankle.

Do we think Reanne has a realistic chance of beating Jimmy?

An empty chair has a realistic chance of beating Jimmy.