Post a reply

Re: 19.com English Open Final !!!!!

Postby Ash147

I do think that if Ronnie was in Selby's place yesterday, he would have definitely received a lot more praise on here. Selby made breaks of 88, 68, 79, 85, 130, 97 and 101. He won 9-1 with 97% pot success, missing only 7 balls in the entire match. It's surely on par with Ronnie's 2017 English Open performance against Wilson.

Postby Vallomas

SnookerFan wrote:It's definitely the best I've seen Selby play in a long time.

Definitely his best since 2018 China Open final.

Postby Vallomas

Ash147 wrote:I do think that if Ronnie was in Selby's place yesterday, he would have definitely received a lot more praise on here. Selby made breaks of 88, 68, 79, 85, 130, 97 and 101. He won 9-1 with 97% pot success, missing only 7 balls in the entire match. It's surely on par with Ronnie's 2017 English Open performance against Wilson.

I remember that final. Almost all Ronnie's opening reds were veey easy, some of them were hanging on the pockets.

That doesn't take away Ronnie's brilliant performance - Gilbert also gifted easy chances to Selby yesterday.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It's definitely the best I've seen Selby play in a long time.

Yea he could have been out to Mei Xiwen and Mark Allen.

the 3 frames he lost against Mei Xiwen was the worst ive seen him play and Mark Allen was a double away from beating him.

Sometimes coming through thoes results inspires you.

It happened to Ronnie in 2012 4-0 down to Andrew Higginson in the German Masters came back and won his first ranking title for 3 years and then he won his first World title in 4 years few months later

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Credit where it is due - Ash said Gilbert had no chance in this final ad risked a ban if he was wrong.

He was correct

lol saying things like that wont mean he gets a ban thats just his opinion and btw he got lucky because Selby uped his game had Selby played like he did in the semi there is no way ash would be right

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Credit where it is due - Ash said Gilbert had no chance in this final ad risked a ban if he was wrong.

He was correct

That's not how probability works.

Postby Raphael98

My (very late) congratulations for Selby for winning this trophy and with style! Tough luck for Gilbert, as he did well for getting through the final, but had no chance, however well done for Selby for playing as well as he did to win the title! :)

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:David Gilbert will be collecting his runners up prize this time tomorrow.

Outrageous comment.

No way a final involving Selby will be over by 10.45pm.

The match was over by 7.30pm rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:David Gilbert will be collecting his runners up prize this time tomorrow.

Outrageous comment.

No way a final involving Selby will be over by 10.45pm.

The match was over by 7.30pm rofl

Thanks for reminding us.