Post a reply

Re: 19.com English Open Final !!!!!

Postby rekoons

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Of course, you guys are ruled by people like Boris Johnson and Theresa May so let's not talk about politics rofl

You might be joking but this is the problem in Britain. Britain is obsessed with class. Jacob Rees-Mogg is slimy and dishonest. His father advocated that rich people never paid taxes. And yet working class people vote for this guy?!!

There are a lot of very, very stupid people in Britain (mainly England).

Working class people should never vote Tory!

I think politicians suck in prety much all countries, Vodka. I wouldn't snake hiss on Belgian politicians if they were on fire.

Now that’s a statement I fully agree on!

Postby Holden Chinaski

rekoons wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Of course, you guys are ruled by people like Boris Johnson and Theresa May so let's not talk about politics rofl

You might be joking but this is the problem in Britain. Britain is obsessed with class. Jacob Rees-Mogg is slimy and dishonest. His father advocated that rich people never paid taxes. And yet working class people vote for this guy?!!

There are a lot of very, very stupid people in Britain (mainly England).

Working class people should never vote Tory!

I think politicians suck in prety much all countries, Vodka. I wouldn't snake hiss on Belgian politicians if they were on fire.

Now that’s a statement I fully agree on!

:hatoff:

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Nobody has ever lost their first 5 ranking finals

Gilbert will.

Hope you're wrong but think you might be right.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby was lucky to fluke the snooker but I guess Gilbert would have found a way to lose the frame either way.

You’ve been pretty harsh on Gilbert today in my opinion.

Selby was awesome this afternoon. If it was Ronnie playing like that many on here would be salivating.

I have been harsh. But Gilbert has had his chances and did nothing with them. Selby's been playing great but it's not as if he's not making any mistakes.

You are spot on he has.

My problem with that is Many Many Many times over the years ive said exactly the same thing and i was also right when Ronnies destroyed opponents with big break after big break and ive been told i talk stupid.

Double standards is rife on Snooker Island it seems the same rule doesn't apply to all players.

Postby Andre147

Selby played great. Gilbert may have made the score more respectable, say 9-4 pr 9-5, but Selby was playing too well and would always win the match.

Similar to what Kyren did in 2017, he could have won maybe a couple more frames but Ronnie would always win. Both Ronnie and Selby were just too good.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:If Selby wins 9-1 it will be the largest margin of victory out of any of the Home Nations events, surpassing Ronnie's 9-2 win against Wilson at the 2017 English Open.

DECLINE!

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:Yeah, English people used to be Belgian, but we threw them out for being too hooligan like. That's how England was born.

You did the right thing!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:David Gilbert will be collecting his runners up prize this time tomorrow.

Outrageous comment.

No way a final involving Selby will be over by 10.45pm.

:chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:I think all of the previous Home Nations finals have been good matches. I'm struggling to think of one that was not entertaining. Seeing Bingham beat Davis in last year's English Open was probably the worst of them, but I think that was because everyone was hoping Davis would win that one.

Were you not watching the Neil Robertson vs Stuart Bingham Welsh Open final?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who made a 147?

Didn't count. There was a double in it.

Yea have you ever heard so much rubbish coming from a pundit ever.

Yes I have. I've listened to Dennis Taylor.

Ronnie last night made Dennis sound like Clive Everton

rofl

It's funny because it's true.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:If The Talent from Tamworth’s an attempt at a nickname for Gilbert, it’s pretty rubbish.

Agreed. It's just ripping off Stephen Lee's.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've moved back into the K2.

The pub said they'd bring my dinner round when it's ready.

Where are you sitting? I tried to look out for you earlier.

Seat F7 presently. I am supposed to be front row. But I want to be able to see the table properly.

Red t-shirt next to the aisle?

Bit late.

But yes.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 21 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:David Gilbert will be collecting his runners up prize this time tomorrow.

Outrageous comment.

No way a final involving Selby will be over by 10.45pm.

:chin:

:chin: I was slightly wrong on that one.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I think all of the previous Home Nations finals have been good matches. I'm struggling to think of one that was not entertaining. Seeing Bingham beat Davis in last year's English Open was probably the worst of them, but I think that was because everyone was hoping Davis would win that one.

Were you not watching the Neil Robertson vs Stuart Bingham Welsh Open final?

You're right, that was the worst. It didn't help that I dislike both players, but the quality was truly awful.

Postby hendry_fan

Wow,wow,wowww!,Selbo well n truly thumped Gilbo!.

Last night about 22.00 I threw my best freind out,put on Eurosport and saw the snooker was finished. :shock:,i then thought,either Selbys beaten Gilbert comfortably or vice versa.

I then looked at the scores and saw 9-1 to Selby!!!.

Scoreing wise from Mark was very good,nuthin we aint seen before though,he made seven 60+ breaks,two of them were centurys.

Dave only managed a mere two 50+ers,a 51 and a *101*.

Many congrats to Selby in Winning his 16th Ranking Ttitle. :win: :clap: :clap: :clap: <ok>

Many commiserations to Gilbert.